Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby KaijuCanuck » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:19 pm

goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster is fun, but compared to everything else of that era, kinda weak.


Choose your next words wisely Canadian.


You wanna go out for a rip, bud?
Image

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10317
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby goji89 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:36 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster is fun, but compared to everything else of that era, kinda weak.


Choose your next words wisely Canadian.


You wanna go out for a rip, bud?


Sure, but lets have a dart first but I swear if you burn a hole on my shirt your face is going straight into the first snowbank I see bud.

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby KaijuCanuck » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:40 pm

goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Choose your next words wisely Canadian.


You wanna go out for a rip, bud?


Sure, but lets have a dart first but I swear if you burn a hole on my shirt your face is going straight into the first snowbank I see bud.


skreeonkin’ rights, bud! Let’s give ‘er! Afterwards we can rip on over to the hockey game and chirp the ref for not calling some of those greasy dangles.
Image

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10317
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby goji89 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:54 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
You wanna go out for a rip, bud?


Sure, but lets have a dart first but I swear if you burn a hole on my shirt your face is going straight into the first snowbank I see bud.


skreeonkin’ rights, bud! Let’s give ‘er! Afterwards we can rip on over to the hockey game and chirp the ref for not calling some of those greasy dangles.


skreeonking right aye. We can stop by Timmies for them Timbits, but Im kinda short a few toonies for the two-four and the mickey. I just dont want to come off as a keener bud, so we can chill on the chesterfield.

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby KaijuCanuck » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm

goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Sure, but lets have a dart first but I swear if you burn a hole on my shirt your face is going straight into the first snowbank I see bud.


skreeonkin’ rights, bud! Let’s give ‘er! Afterwards we can rip on over to the hockey game and chirp the ref for not calling some of those greasy dangles.


skreeonking right aye. We can stop by Timmies for them Timbits, but Im kinda short a few toonies for the two-four and the mickey. I just dont want to come off as a keener bud, so we can chill on the chesterfield.


You just googled Canadian slang, didn't you? ;)

Also - are mickey and keener Canadian slang? You guys don't say mickey and keener? Mind genuinely blown.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10317
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby goji89 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
skreeonkin’ rights, bud! Let’s give ‘er! Afterwards we can rip on over to the hockey game and chirp the ref for not calling some of those greasy dangles.


skreeonking right aye. We can stop by Timmies for them Timbits, but Im kinda short a few toonies for the two-four and the mickey. I just dont want to come off as a keener bud, so we can chill on the chesterfield.


You just googled Canadian slang, didn't you? ;)

Also - are mickey and keener Canadian slang? You guys don't say mickey and keener? Mind genuinely blown.


:evil: Damn right I had to google Canadian slang. I asked Alexa and she shut herself down.....I had no other option.

And we do use mickey slang for beer. "Im going out for a mickey" keener we dont use, to us it would just mean to be keen...someone who is acute and is observant.

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby KaijuCanuck » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 pm

goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
skreeonking right aye. We can stop by Timmies for them Timbits, but Im kinda short a few toonies for the two-four and the mickey. I just dont want to come off as a keener bud, so we can chill on the chesterfield.


You just googled Canadian slang, didn't you? ;)

Also - are mickey and keener Canadian slang? You guys don't say mickey and keener? Mind genuinely blown.


:evil: Damn right I had to google Canadian slang. I asked Alexa and she shut herself down.....I had no other option.

And we do use mickey slang for beer. "Im going out for a mickey" keener we dont use, to us it would just mean to be keen...someone who is acute and is observant.


Ohhhh for beer. That's crazy, I think we only use it for hard liquor. Also that's totally different for what keen means for us, it means like someone is very eager. To be a 'keener' has a negative connotation of being so eager it's annoying - also known as a 'try-hard'.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Grievous » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:40 pm

I would like to see/hear a modern day kaiju film with a soundtrack provided by
an electronic artist like Perturbator or The Algorithm...Hell I'd even take a score
by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross at this point.

I know its tradition for kaiju films to have classical music scores...but I personally
think its time for something different & experimental.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3552
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:17 pm

goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Sure, but lets have a dart first but I swear if you burn a hole on my shirt your face is going straight into the first snowbank I see bud.


skreeonkin’ rights, bud! Let’s give ‘er! Afterwards we can rip on over to the hockey game and chirp the ref for not calling some of those greasy dangles.


skreeonking right aye. We can stop by Timmies for them Timbits, but Im kinda short a few toonies for the two-four and the mickey. I just dont want to come off as a keener bud, so we can chill on the chesterfield.

I just read this entire exchange with a Scottish accent for some reason.
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13663
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 pm

Man, that post is making me miss the old Timbits Timmie Ho's used to serve. Now they're just overloaded with frosting and are such a sugary mess. Blech.
Image

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4442
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby G2000 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Man, that post is making me miss the old Timbits Timmie Ho's used to serve. Now they're just overloaded with frosting and are such a sugary mess. Blech.

You were a Canadian all along?
Yech.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13663
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:13 pm

G2000 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Man, that post is making me miss the old Timbits Timmie Ho's used to serve. Now they're just overloaded with frosting and are such a sugary mess. Blech.

You were a Canadian all along?
Yech.


Nah, Western New York. Check the Location. We get a lot of crossover out this way.

And honestly, I wish I was at this point in time.
Image

User avatar
Destorogoji
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:40 pm
Location: Toluca, Mexico

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Destorogoji » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 pm

Grievous wrote:I would like to see/hear a modern day kaiju film with a soundtrack provided by
an electronic artist like Perturbator or The Algorithm...Hell I'd even take a score
by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross at this point.

I know its tradition for kaiju films to have classical music scores...but I personally
think its time for something different & experimental.

It could work. I liked that Bilusaludo's synth theme in the second anime film.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Grievous » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:53 am

Destorogoji wrote:
Grievous wrote:I would like to see/hear a modern day kaiju film with a soundtrack provided by
an electronic artist like Perturbator or The Algorithm...Hell I'd even take a score
by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross at this point.

I know its tradition for kaiju films to have classical music scores...but I personally
think its time for something different & experimental.

It could work. I liked that Bilusaludo's synth theme in the second anime film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng35VDeIS8k

Hell Yeah! That was my favorite musical moment of the entire Anime trilogy.

More of that please!
Last edited by Grievous on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:07 am

I would have poop myself if Trent Reznor or Nine Inch Nails did the Bilusaludo theme…

Here’s a confession, this is my favorite theme from the anime, I love how much it reminds me of the Biollante theme, and kinda has hints from the Attack On Titan live action- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8rGNdJH-7C4
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Grievous » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:24 am

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I would have poop myself if Trent Reznor or Nine Inch Nails did the Bilusaludo theme…

Ewww...
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5954
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Maritonic » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:58 am

UltramanGoji wrote:
G2000 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Man, that post is making me miss the old Timbits Timmie Ho's used to serve. Now they're just overloaded with frosting and are such a sugary mess. Blech.

You were a Canadian all along?
Yech.


Nah, Western New York.


Whew. Was worried for a second there.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2507
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:05 am

KaijuCanuck wrote:Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster is fun, but compared to everything else of that era, kinda weak.


Yeah, it's an average film that has a good amount of both good and bad. The good like the interactions between the characters and Ghidorah's spectacular rampage ends up getting countered by smaller things that build up, like dropped plot points, a weird interjection, Malness catching a boulder, and various effects errors. It's no Dogora but it certainly isn't as good as Mothra vs Godzilla.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

on 12-31-2017, Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Nobody in the West can do the Oxygen Destroyer justice, especially not for some new Godzilla popcorn flick.

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby KaijuCanuck » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:51 am

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster is fun, but compared to everything else of that era, kinda weak.


Yeah, it's an average film that has a good amount of both good and bad. The good like the interactions between the characters and Ghidorah's spectacular rampage ends up getting countered by smaller things that build up, like dropped plot points, a weird interjection, Malness catching a boulder, and various effects errors. It's no Dogora but it certainly isn't as good as Mothra vs Godzilla.


I'd agree, and I'd also say it is the inferior to Invasion of Astro-Monster. But still notable in the history of the series for introducing Ghidorah, and also being the first to have a fight with more than two kaiju - which in 1964, probably seemed a very exciting upping of the ante to fans.
Image

User avatar
Terasawa
Futurian
Posts: 1551
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Terasawa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:58 am

I think Ghidrah is awesome when you consider that it was produced between August and December of 1964. :mrgreen:
-- 寺沢 --
YouTube

Image


Return to “General Toho Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JAGzilla and 6 guests