Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

goji89 wrote:I read the "leaks" ........I too am not getting excited over it. I mean things could change but should it stay the same it would in my opinion suck. Especially that stupid scene....you know that one.
Ah, I'm assuming you're referring to -
Spoiler:
The scene where Ghidorah confronts Jack Black?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
goji89 wrote:I read the "leaks" ........I too am not getting excited over it. I mean things could change but should it stay the same it would in my opinion suck. Especially that stupid scene....you know that one.
Spoiler:
No I mean where......
Spoiler:
Godzilla slaps KG's ass and winks
I mean COME ON!!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

goji89 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Spoiler:
No I mean where......
Spoiler:
I mean COME ON!!
Don't get me wrong it has it's problems, but the leak has me excited, especially to see
Spoiler:
the 30 minute scene where BaragonBreh walks on screen and rants about how this movie will be a box office failure because of #sloppydougherty

RIP Evan.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

LOL. You guys are cracking me up. That usually means someone is going to come break it up soon :(
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
goji89 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Ah, I'm assuming you're referring to -
Spoiler:
No I mean where......
Spoiler:
I mean COME ON!!
Don't get me wrong it has it's problems, but the leak has me excited, especially to see
Spoiler:
the 30 minute scene where BaragonBreh walks on screen and rants about how this movie will be a box office failure because of #sloppydougherty
Yeah I read that part and I was taken back.....how about that really awkward scene when
Spoiler:
Mothra and Rodan look at each other and Marvin Gayes song starts playing....Lets get it on? That shiit just came out of knowwhere. I was like this takes place while Goji slaps KG's ass? What is this made for......Kaijuhub?

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I actually really don't like the Blue Oyster Cult song.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Dr. Professor wrote:I actually really don't like the Blue Oyster Cult song.
How? :lol: Blue Öyster Cult is classic, Don’t fear the reaper rocks my socks lol
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
How? :lol: Blue Öyster Cult is classic, Don’t fear the reaper rocks my socks lol
Don't get me wrong, they're a great band. I just don't like their Godzilla song. The only part of it I like is when he says "History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man".
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dr. Professor wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Don't get me wrong, they're a great band. I just don't like their Godzilla song. The only part of it I like is when he says "History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man".
GO, GO GODZILLA....

Oh no, they say he's got to go

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

I'm just a tad bit tired of Godzilla getting compared to superheroes. No I'm not just talking about cinematic universes, what I'm also talking about is like those straw grasping analogies with power ups and whatnot.
The Godzilla franchise is just a different beast. there's my pun for the day

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

I honestly really like Godzilla vs. Gigan, and it’s one of the film’s I love to revisit anytime I rewatch a Godzilla movie.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I honestly really like Godzilla vs. Gigan, and it’s one of the film’s I love to revisit anytime I rewatch a Godzilla movie.
It honestly is a great movie imo but the stock footage, lower budget, and rotting suits hold it back a bit.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KillCrites wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:I honestly really like Godzilla vs. Gigan, and it’s one of the film’s I love to revisit anytime I rewatch a Godzilla movie.
It honestly is a great movie imo but the stock footage, lower budget, and rotting suits hold it back a bit.
It's one of my favorites. I mean, my "favorites," in the broad sense, constitute nearly half the series, so I don't know how much that's saying. :D

It's a rare case where I'm actually more invested in the human story than the monster action (and that's in spite of my undying love for Angilas!). It also has a lot of nostalgia value for me, as it's one as I (as "Godzilla on Monster Island") at a very young age.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

eabaker wrote:
KillCrites wrote:
It's one of my favorites. I mean, my "favorites," in the broad sense, constitute nearly half the series, so I don't know how much that's saying. :D

It's a rare case where I'm actually more invested in the human story than the monster action (and that's in spite of my undying love for Angilas!). It also has a lot of nostalgia value for me, as it's one as I (as "Godzilla on Monster Island") at a very young age.
My sentiments exactly, it doesn’t exactly say much me calling it one of my favorites since I whole heartedly love every entry in the Showa era, Godzilla vs. Gigan is always one of the ones that seem to stand out the most anytime I’m in the mood for a Godzilla flick.

Say what you will about the stock-footage and suit wear and tear, they’ve never really bothered me or took me out of enjoying the movie, the human characters keep me invested too much. As Eabaker stated, the human narrative is just as engaging as the monster scenes so the film just overall becomes solid viewing for me.

We needed a spin-off of these characters, didn’t even have to be a kaiju movie, I’d just love to see these five together again :lol:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:We needed a spin-off of these characters, didn’t even have to be a kaiju movie, I’d just love to see these five together again :lol:
Yes! Movies about a manga artist whose alien invasion "comics" are really true stories of his own experiences!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

eabaker wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:We needed a spin-off of these characters, didn’t even have to be a kaiju movie, I’d just love to see these five together again :lol:
Yes! Movies about a manga artist whose alien invasion "comics" are really true stories of his own experiences!
Take my money now :lol:
#slatternking

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That would make for a good movie.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I enjoy GINO more than a majority of the other post 1990 Godzilla films.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I enjoy GINO more than a majority of the other post 1990 Godzilla films.
Dear God :shock: ..........

I dont even know who you are anymore.
Last edited by goji89 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

goji89 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I enjoy GINO more than a majority of the other post 1990 Godzilla films.
I dont even know who you are anymore.
Well, he's a T-Rex.