Best Godzilla song?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Best songs titled Godzilla?

Dope DOD and Mefjus's Godzilla
50%
Michael Sembello's Godzilla
33%
Eminem and Juice WRLD's Godzilla
17%
The Creatures' Godzilla
No votes

Total votes: 6

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Best Godzilla song?

Post by Al Diplodocus »

This song is not about songs featured in the franchise. Its about songs literally titled Godzilla.

The ones I can name are Blue Oster Cult's Godzilla and its 2019 cover and Serj and Bear.

Godzilla by rap group DOPE DOD

Godzilla by Michael Sembello

Godzilla by Eminem and Juice WRLD

Godzilla! by The Creatures

Which of these do you prefer, aside from Blue Oyster Cult's? Lemme know about other songs also called Godzilla

m0nster01
Samurai

Re: Best Godzilla song?

Post by m0nster01 »

There's also Kesha or Keisha's "Godzilla"

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Would Akira Ifukube's "Godzilla (Main Theme)" count?

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

godjacob wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:42 pm Would Akira Ifukube's "Godzilla (Main Theme)" count?
No, because its part of the Godzilla franchise as a score track, and not a song.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Here is a rap song that I have a soft spot for titled "Godzilla":

This song is by Army of the Pharoahs, a group of rappers assembled by Vinnie Paz and associated with the more popular group Jedi Mind Tricks. If I am not mistaken, one of the main samples from this song might come from one of my favorite tracks from the original soundtrack by Ifukube (Godzilla Comes to Tokyo Bay).

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I just listened to all of these and Michael Sembello's song is the one that appeals to me the most. That synth is heavenly. Honorable mention to the Army of the Pharaohs track posted above me (although the 2nd guy is lowkey trash).
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:32 pm Here is a rap song that I have a soft spot for titled "Godzilla":
If I am not mistaken, one of the main samples from this song might come from one of my favorite tracks from the original soundtrack by Ifukube (Godzilla Comes to Tokyo Bay).
I... don't here the Akira music. Sorry.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:22 pm
GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:32 pm Here is a rap song that I have a soft spot for titled "Godzilla":
If I am not mistaken, one of the main samples from this song might come from one of my favorite tracks from the original soundtrack by Ifukube (Godzilla Comes to Tokyo Bay).
I... don't here the Akira music. Sorry.
I think they're referring to the brass/trumpet/I-dont-know-what-instrument-that-is in the background. Sure, it doesn't sound too much like an existing Ifukube work but maybe, it was just modified that much. They probably didn't even have a choice since Toho is notoriously strict with anything involving Godzilla.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Yep referring to the bass clarinet/lower brass part of the Ifukube track. If the rap song is pulling from that Ifukube track, it is brief and distorted enough to be almost unrecognizable. I don't think I really hear much in the lyrics of the song referring to Godzilla, which has led me to believe that it might be in the sample within the beat.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I really dig "The Sorrow of Godzilla" by Buka Buka. It's on the Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II soundtrack CD.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:03 pm I really dig "The Sorrow of Godzilla" by Buka Buka. It's on the Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II soundtrack CD.

Very upbeat for a song named Sorrow of Godzilla, eh?
If anyone knows what the lyrics translate to, that would be good.
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:29 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:03 pm I really dig "The Sorrow of Godzilla" by Buka Buka. It's on the Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II soundtrack CD.

Very upbeat for a song named Godzilla, eh?
If anyone knows what the lyrics translate to, that would be good.
What's funny is that I gave that exact video a like before you replied.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Fy5w2klbg
Just discovered this rap song sampling the Godzilla March.

EDIT: Its called Simon Says by Pharoahe Monch.
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Dope DOD and Mefjus's Godzilla - I liked the beat and the lyricis, and the music video was pretty boss. My favorite of the four choices.

Michael Sembello's Godzilla - Sounds like a Jamiroquai song. Not really my thing.

Eminem and Juice WRLD's Godzilla - There's no denying that as a lyricist and a rapper, Eminem has few rivals. But he's not really my favorite. His music doesn't really resonate with me. The music video didn't really grab me, though.

The Creatures' Godzilla - I didn't care for the song itself. The music video was pretty awesome. Amusingly enough, they had to use clips from Monster from a Prehistoric Planet because that's in the public domain.