RIP Eizo Kaimai

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
NeoBlisseyX
Ronin

RIP Eizo Kaimai

Post by NeoBlisseyX »

The Japanese publication Mainichi Shimbun is reporting that veteran Godzilla suit designer Eizo Kaimai has passed away of leukemia at the age of 90.

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20200504/k ... 40/163000c

Kaimai's page on Wikizilla indicates that he worked on suits from Shodai Gojira (the first Godzilla) in 1954 to the 1980 Tsuburaya Productions television series "Ultraman 80."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: RIP Eizo Kaimai

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

NeoBlisseyX wrote:The Japanese publication Mainichi Shimbun is reporting that veteran Godzilla suit designer Eizo Kaimai has passed away of leukemia at the age of 90.

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20200504/k ... 40/163000c

Kaimai's page on Wikizilla indicates that he worked on suits from Shodai Gojira (the first Godzilla) in 1954 to the 1980 Tsuburaya Productions television series "Ultraman 80."
That’s really sad. Thank you for letting us know. At least we will always be able to appreciate the suits he helped make in the movies.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I saw this on Wikizilla's YouTube page today. So sad.
For Emperor and Empire!

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Sad indeed. Atleast his legacy will live on forever. RIP :(

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Heard about this on Facebook, very upsetting news. We lose more legends all the time.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yeah i heard about this on Wikizilla's YouTube channel, and i'm incredibly upset over it. Probably one of the bigger "unsung" heroes of the Showa kaiju genre. May he Rest In Piece.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!