What is you're favorite 'lesser' film in the series

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

what is your favorite lesser film?

Godzilla (tristar)
10%
Anime Trilogy (specify)
5%
Godzilla vs Megalon
18%
Godzilla's Revenge
13%
Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla
No votes
Godzilla vs Megaguirus
5%
Tokyo SOS
20%
Final Wars
28%
Godzilla Raids Again
3%

Total votes: 40

Voyager
Keizer

What is you're favorite 'lesser' film in the series

Post by Voyager »

Megalon. Why? Because it's fun. That's it.
For Emperor and Empire!

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Re: What is you're favorite 'lesser' film in the series

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

On this poll, Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, and I would explain why I actually don't consider it a lesser film but I've already done that about 100 times since joining these forums.

Of films that I personally consider "lesser", Godzilla vs. Megalon because it makes for a great drunken bad movie night. Final Wars is fun in the same vein. I actively dislike the rest of these films.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

I enjoy the 1998 Godzilla film despite everything. Its still BAD, but I like it anyway.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The Planet Eater. It's the best film in the trilogy (except for the pointless sex scene).

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's kind of a toss-up between Revenge, Megalon, and GXM. It's been a few years since I've seen any of them, so none are super fresh in my mind. That said... GXM has some really unique action scenes and a cool, badass Godzilla. Megalon of course has the one tag-team battle to rule them all. I think I'll give it to Godzilla's Revenge, though. I'm one of those people where almost everything about GR clicks for me. The stock footage is a little grating, but the film itself wouldn't exist without it, so it's justified and then some.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:The Planet Eater. It's the best film in the trilogy (except for the pointless sex scene).
Agreed. It's better than POTM and leaps and bounds ahead of COTEOB. Also I don't watch Godzilla for the sex.
For Emperor and Empire!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Revenge got my vote. It's pretty much the only one on this list that I'd call a good movie without reservation or qualification.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I want to say GRA just to be cheeky but my real vote goes to Final Wars.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

A tough call between Tokyo SOS and Raid's Again.

Unlike others I don't think Tokyo SOS is actually a bad movie, though not an outstanding one either. Thoroughly mediocre, but that automatically puts it above the rest for me.

Where as Raids Again,while not great, has a few small moments that I think are really, really excellent. It's just brought down by the rest of the film.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Tokyo SOS is damn good, I don’t care what anyone says. Yes Godzilla himself is probably the weakest in the series, but it’s such a fun movie regardless.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LockBite wrote:Tokyo SOS is damn good, I don’t care what anyone says. Yes Godzilla himself is probably the weakest in the series, but it’s such a fun movie regardless.
GxMG is better, tbh.
For Emperor and Empire!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:The Planet Eater. It's the best film in the trilogy (except for the pointless sex scene).
Agreed. It's better than POTM and leaps and bounds ahead of COTEOB. Also I don't watch Godzilla for the sex.
Dark Waifus matter!

Real talk I wasn't bothered by the sex in of itself, it's more of the fucked up "hey I'm gonna do it with the twin that hates me" deal. And then he kills himself while she's prego with his kid. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt for the first two films as a generic MC wanting revenge, cliche but understandable, but then he does that shit. The biggest sin though in my opinion is he goes to see if Metphis is still okay instead of making sure the other twin, the one that likes him, is still okay after said man nearly killed her. Like I get the guy acted as your father figure for 20 odd years but dude tried killing you and the world, nigh, all of our reality, space and time. Let him rot in Hell. And yes I understand his reasons for suicide, still don't agree with them. He sort of redeemed himself by mercy killing Yoko cause she wasn't ever gonna recover.

Like damn, I feel bad that this blue haired asshole is the character they felt was worthy of being named after Haruo Nakajima.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Megaguirus is the only one on this list I outright dislike. That said I'll probably have to give it to Final Wars. I for one enjoy its ridiculousness, stilted acting and all.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

How have three people voted for Tokyo SOS? I hate Godzilla's Revenge and Space Godzilla and I'd rather see either of those films winning because at least their content is original enough for me to feel anything about it. From a standpoint of creativity, Tokyo SOS is the worst film in this whole damn franchise. Even Space Godzilla gets credit for trying.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Man hard vote between Raids Again and Final Wars. The former does have some symbolism deep down that i respect and like, the other is a balls to the walls adventure.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

GRA and AMA but then again I'm partial to Showa era stuff. I also enjoy the Kiryu films.

I don't like SpaceGodzilla, G98 or Final Wars.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Megalon was produced with scarce resources yet makes up for it in a fun, personality-fueled monster brawl at the end and through the hammy charm of Jet Jaguar and the rest of the cast.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I don't consider Raids Again a lesser film, so i didn't vote for it. Decided to go for G98. Yes i know it barely resembles Godzilla, yes i know the characters suck, yes i know it doesn't even look that good... but i can't help it! The films too dang fun!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I have a soft spot for Godzilla 98. Godzilla vs. Megalon is great if you're in the right mood for cheese too
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

How is Tokyo SOS on the poll? Is that considered to be a lesser film? I don't know, I thought it was one of the better Millennium films.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.