What do Mothra, Battra, and Mothra Leo all eat?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

What do Mothra, Battra, and Mothra Leo all eat?

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Most of the kaiju in the Godzillaverse are carnivorous, but there are some exceptions like Kong and Hedorah. The diet of Mothra, her son Mothra Leo, and her brother Battra has come into mind to me recently. What do they eat? Since Battra is Mothra's dark twin is he one of those rare meat eating caterpillars? Is Mothra herself vegan? If so, does that make her son vegan as well?

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: What do Mothra, Battra, and Mothra Leo all eat?

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I was gonna say they don't eat anything, they're gods but

1. gods do eat (look at all the feasts in myths)
2. Mothra vs Godzilla flat out says the larva will cause chaos looking for food.

So this is a good question, actually.

I feel like they'd be herbivores. Battra strikes me as a "unnatural natural being" that probably live off mana instead of food.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I think they just feast of off Earth's mana supply like Soggy said

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

Mothra feeds on the tears of all the other monsters that didn't get get to come back in later eras.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

My guess is: The larva eat vegetation, the adults eat nothing, they are sustained on their worshippers' zeal and artificial light.

So, trees and lamps.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

To have lamp, you must become lamp.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

GmkGoji wrote:To have lamp, you must become lamp.
yes, bröther
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

They eat Godzilla's winter clothing.

Which is why you never see Godzilla out in any warm clothing on even in Son of Godzilla, Godzilla Raids Again, King Kong Vs Godzilla, Godzilla: Final Wars or Godzilla: King of The Monsters (2019).

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Leo is so dang fluffy. They eat Sweaters.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Mothra likely eats plants. In M vs G, Mothra's final weapon is a poison powder shed from the wings. Real caterpillars eat toxic plants, which causes them to develop poison scales on their wings as adults. It's coincidence more than likely, but would back up Mothra having a plant diet. Mothra Leo, though, probably feeds on Earth energy. It seemed to be doing so when it cocooned on the tree.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Trees.

And Grass.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:They eat Godzilla's winter clothing.

Which is why you never see Godzilla out in any warm clothing on even in Son of Godzilla, Godzilla Raids Again, King Kong Vs Godzilla, Godzilla: Final Wars or Godzilla: King of The Monsters (2019).

Is this the symbiotic relationship they have?

Someone get Dougherty on the horn

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Showa Mothra probably eats plants, same with S.O.S Mothra because they’re essentially the same being. Heisei Mothra probably doesn’t need to eat physical matter, same with Battra, Leo, and GMK Mothra. Monsterverse Mothra likely feeds on radiation, same as the rest of the titans.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.