Ray harryhausen hated godzilla?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Ray harryhausen hated godzilla?

Post by Terasawa »

I think that's a false equivalence. AFAIK Gene Roddenberry never claimed Star Wars was a ripoff of Star Trek, and he would have been wrong if he had. Harryhausen had a more legitimate beef with the Godzilla films.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Well look at it like this, Tsubaraya looked to Kong every step of the way while in production, who's to say it wasn't meant to be a ripoff, keep in mind Gojira wasn't a passion project, it was a replacement film.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Orichalcum wrote:Well look at it like this, Tsubaraya looked to Kong every step of the way while in production, who's to say it wasn't meant to be a ripoff, keep in mind Gojira wasn't a passion project, it was a replacement film.
And Kong in many ways was one too via it being a heavily modifed version of Creation.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:Well look at it like this, Tsubaraya looked to Kong every step of the way while in production, who's to say it wasn't meant to be a ripoff, keep in mind Gojira wasn't a passion project, it was a replacement film.
And Kong in many ways was one too via it being a heavily modifed version of Creation.
....okay
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
....okay
I can't tell if you're confused or being sacastic.

In any case, here's the story. Back in 1931, RKO was making a movie named Creation. Only 20 minutes of movie was made before on the RKO big shots more or less ordered it to be reworked into King Kong.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
....okay

In any case, here's the story. Back in 1931, RKO was making a movie named Creation. Only 20 minutes of movie was made before on the RKO big shots more or less ordered it to be reworked into King Kong.
Is there anywhere where I can watch the whole thing? I found a 30 second clip on Youtube.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Here is the plot synopis with test footage for CREATION:

It's available on the KING KONG '33 2-disc Collector's Edition DVD.
https://www.amazon.com/King-Kong-Collec ... 956&sr=8-4
Last edited by GodzillaBurgh on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Rhedosaurus wrote: I can't tell if you're confused or being sacastic.

I think he's saying it's kind of irrelevant to the conversation and definitely isn't an equivalent; O'Brien headed up effects on Creation, and when that fell through he headed up effects on King Kong.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
....okay

OOOOOOH....

I thought you were saying he was inspired by the Bible which I didn't get the connection to in context :lol:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

King Kong was inspired by the Bible you heathen.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Orichalcum wrote:King Kong was inspired by the Bible you heathen.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

G2000 wrote:On the board index this thread looks like “Ray harryhausen hated god...”

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Tamura wrote:Image
10/10. Thank you and be blessed by anime feet.
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."