- Gojirawars 03
- Yin-Yang Master
- Posts: 355
- Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:18 am
Super Mechagodzilla's transformation,
Or the atomic breath sequence in Shin Godzilla.
- Posts: 1373
- Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:18 pm
- Location: Brooklyn, New York
Living Corpse wrote:GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:
2. Rodan dropping Godzilla in GTTHM
Lmao! Funny video. Iconic scene for me and yet it is not the only crotch shot in the movie. Ghidorah aiming gravity bolts at Godzilla's family jewels rings a bell.
- Living Corpse
- Seatopian Daikaiju
- Posts: 10726
- Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm
GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:Lmao! Funny video. Iconic scene for me and yet it is not the only crotch shot in the movie. Ghidorah aiming gravity bolts at Godzilla's family jewels rings a bell.
He also shot him in the butt. Part of me hopes they bring back fighting dirty in Godzilla vs Kong. It can be done as comic relief or done seriously as it hurts a lot.
- Posts: 9791
- Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
- Location: The Planet Trade HQ
- Posts: 7151
- Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
- Location: Georgia
OT: Gotta love '62 Kong making sure Godzilla got his daily serving of vegetables.
It'd be cool if Godzilla returned the favor this time around.
- Interpol Agent
- Posts: 421
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:17 am
From Godzilla (1954): Godzilla's rampage through Tokyo (especially the dark scene of the family preparing for death) and its aftermath. Never has the nuclear weapons allegory been stronger.
From Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster: Ghidorah's birth/emergence from the meteor.
From Destroy All Monsters: All of the kaiju marching on Mt. Fuji. And the ensuing battle with Ghidorah, too.
From Godzilla vs. Hedorah: When Hedorah first comes ashore and attacks the nightclub.
From Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla: When the false Godzilla sheds its skin and Mechagodzilla is revealed.
From Terror of Mechagodzilla (Japanese version only): Katsura committing suicide to shut down Mechagodzilla. One of the more emotional moments in the series.
From Battle For Earth: When Battra decks Godzilla with the ferris wheel.
From Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2: Godzilla's near death at the hands of Super Mechagodzilla, and subsequent revival by Rodan.
From Godzilla vs. Destoroyah: The meltdown scene. Genuine chills.
From Godzilla 2000: When Godzilla comes ashore in the fog.
From GMK: Godzilla's fight with Baragon.
From Final Wars: Godzilla thrashing Zilla.
From Godzilla 2014: When Godzilla first appears in Honolulu. Also, how he kills both MUTOs was badass.
From Shin Gojira: The ultra atomic ray scene. Holy poop!
From Planet of the Monsters: When Godzilla Earth emerges and destroys everyone.
From King of the Monsters: Rodan destroying the fighter jets.
- JXSDF Technician
- Posts: 879
- Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm
My favorite scene from each movie!
1) Gojira = Godzilla's rampage through Tokyo. Normally monsters destroying a city is played for spectacle, but something about this was strangely haunting and unsettling.
2) Godzilla Raids Again = The climactic battle between Godzilla and Anguirus in Osaka...which strangely took place at the halfway point of the movie.
3) King Kong Vs. Godzilla = Godzilla's reveal. It was the first time I ever saw Godzilla in action, so I have a fondness for that moment. The build up to it with the submarine being caught in the middle of Godzilla awakening from his icy tomb was pretty cool too.
4) Mothra Vs. Godzilla = Lot of good choices here, but I am going to say the scene of Kumayama and Torahata fighting over the money as Godzilla stomps towards the hotel. Not only does it reinforce Godzilla as nature's wrath moving through the scene without any care for the men's conflict (proving to be the one force in the movie unaffected by their money and power) but also it completes the greed parable for their story as their greed was more their undoing than Godzilla was.
5) Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster = THAT moment when Godzilla and Rodan joined in the fight against Ghidorah. Kid-me jumped for joy when that happened and at that very moment, Godzilla became my favorite superhero. Sorry Batman. To use wrestling terminology, it was the mother of all face turns.
6) Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero = The first scene on the list to not include Godzilla or any monsters at all, but it is the scene where Namikawa and Glenn are having their conversion once the Planet X invasion has begun. There is emotional, betrayal, death, and sacrifice all in that scene and I see it as the emotional high point of the film.
7) Godzilla Vs. The Sea Monster = Giving this movie a recent rewatch, I gotta say, I found myself sucked into the ending with the bomb ready to go off, Mothra carrying all the people off to safety, and poor Godzilla stuck on the island as it continues to tick. It is actually pretty tense, and the people yelling for Godzilla to get off the island, while I doubt they actually helped him, the thought behind it was nice.
8) Son of Godzilla = The ending. For all the goofiness and comedy of the film, I felt the bond between Godzilla and Minilla throughout the film, and to see Godzilla actually show that he cares for something in this world after 8 movies really sticks with me.
9) Destroy All Monsters = The two that stand out to me are the 4 monster attack on Tokyo and the Battle on Mt Fuji, two of my favorite monster scenes that Toho ever produced. I'll go with the Fuji battle. This was the final Showa Godzilla I watched, so to see Ghidorah die provided a nice finale for me personally. Also, this scene made me fall in love with Gorosauras.
10) Godzilla's Revenge = Plenty to knock here, and most of the monster action is recycled footage, so there isn't much to gush over. However, I actually do kind of like stuff at the beginning showing what poor Ichiro's life is like. I actually do feel sorry for the kid as things get worse and worse for him. You know, if they dropped the bank robber stuff and hadn't used so much recycled footage and made this like a Godzilla in Wonderland deal with this kid just having a warped fantasy to escape his crappy life, I might like this one more.
11) Godzilla Vs. Hedorah = The scene of Ken running away from the decayed remains of Hedorah's victim. There are plenty of disturbing moments that show Hedorah's power and they are effective moments fitting of a horror movie.
12) Godzilla Vs. Gigan = The final battle. Even with the recycled footage, it is an exciting climax with some shocking moments. Godzilla almost dying at the hands of the Godzilla tower was very tense for me as a kid, and my jaw dropped when Gigan made him bleed. I didn't even know Godzilla could bleed prior to that.
13) Godzilla Vs. Megalon = Again, the final battle. The movie itself feels like a bad Japanese tokusatsu show and doesn't really come alive until all the monsters are together for the climax, which is good cheesy fun.
14) Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla = The 1st confrontation between Godzilla and Mechagodzilla. First we get to see two Godzillas on screen together which makes for a nice visual. It is at night and looks ominous and then we get the reveal of the robot underneath the skin, which is awesome. To see Godzilla so easily dispatched was easily shocking, as was the image of his blood rushing to the surface of the water.
15) Terror of Mechagodzilla = And the winner for Godzilla's greatest entrance in the series goes to this one! He basically got a Batman entrance! Super cool.
16) The Return of Godzilla = The ending with Godzilla going into the volcano was well done, and probably plays better in the US edit with Raymond Burr's monologue.
17) Godzilla Vs. Biollante = Godzilla Vs. The Super X-2 was a nifty action sequence that showed a little more creativity than the standard Godzilla Vs. The Military moment. The heroic music playing and its abilities on display showed that maybe there was FINALLY a war weapon that could take down Godzilla...no such luck.
18) Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah = If I had to pick a number one favorite scene in the entire franchise, it might be the final meeting between Godzilla and Shindo. Its the closest Godzilla has ever had to an Oscar clip. No dialogue and not even a real explanation for what we're seeing. Everything is felt through Shindo's facial expressions and Godzilla's body language, and a lot of it is left up to interpretation. Does Godzilla recognize him? Can Godzilla even see him? If so, is he angry at him or does he just want to give him closure? So many different ways to take it, but whatever your takeaway from this scene, it was an excellent closure to Shindo's character and the bond he had to Godzilla.
19) Godzilla Vs. Mothra (92) = The battle at sea was a nice "all hell breaks loose" kind of moment. The egg hatches into Mothra's larva, Godzilla appears, and Battra appears! We get virtually no monsters up to that moment and then all of a sudden WHAM! All three stars show up and slap us in the face.
20) Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla (93) = Lots of great action scenes in this one. I was leaning towards the Godzilla/Rodan fight early in the film, but I'm going to go with the moment at the end where it looks like Godzilla is defeated only for Rodan to intervene and give him the power up he needs to win the day once again.
21) Godzilla Vs. Spacegodzilla = When Spacegodzilla first lands and blasts the crap out of Little Godzilla...I hate that little thing, lol.
22) Godzilla Vs. Destoryah = Godzilla's death. Its such a beautiful moment, especially with that music playing. I would prefer it if the scene had no dialogue, but in any case, it is still powerful to witness.
23) Godzilla (Tristar) = Like I've said before, there are moments where we get glimpses of what the film could have been. One such effective moment is Jean Reno waving the fire in front of the fisherman and saying "What did you see old man?" only for the old man to say fearfully "Gojira...Gojira" was very well done.
24) Godzilla 2000 = Godzilla's entrance for the final battle. The Akira Ifukube theme is always a delight to hear and to get this long march down to the ring for the final battle really helped sell me on the final fight.
25) Godzilla X Megaguirus = Godzilla Vs. The Swarm was a fun scene. It was a little cheesy, but also a nice change of pace from the usual monster fights in this series.
26) Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack = Godzilla's first use of the atomic breath was a chilling scene. The imagery was a bit "on the nose" but it was still effective.
27) Godzilla X Mechagodzilla = I imagine most people would say the scene where Mechagodzilla got taken over by the old Godzilla's consciousness. While that scene was a major highlight, I am actually going to say the opening scene with Godzilla appearing with the huge rain storm and doing battle with the maser tanks. Godzilla Vs. The Military is something we've seen a million times, but this was a really cool way to present it and it was an effective start to the film.
28) Godzilla: Tokyo SOS = All the monster action. It is all one extended sequence anyway, and it is mostly really well handled with all five monsters getting their moments to shine (even if the Mothra stuff feels like a Mothra's greatest hits album).
29) Godzilla: Final Wars = Godzilla killing Zilla...it was cathartic, sue me.
30) Godzilla (Legendary Pictures) = The Kiss of Death. There are kaiju fatalities and then there is the Kiss of Death. Too awesome for words.
31) Shin Godzilla = To show the differences between the 2014 film and this, the atomic breath in the 2014 film was used to add spectacle and as big audience cheer moments, and to that end, they are effective. This movie however don't play like that. The reveal of the atomic breath in this film is one of the most horrifying scenes in the franchise and my jaw dropped the first time I saw it. Also, that haunting music "Who Will Know?" will be burned into my skull forever.
32) Godzilla: Planet of Monsters = The reveal of Godzilla Earth at the tail end is one of the biggest "HOLY S***" moments in the entire franchise. Even Haruo with his Ahab like obsession knew to get the hell out of there! It was an awesome reveal and I thought for sure the next two animated movies would be able to build off of that...sadly, it didn't quite live up.
33) Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle = The scene where the nanometal attacks the Servum. That was a nice moment that indicated there was a force on the planet that might be able to contend with Godzilla. I also hoped it would set up a liquid metal Mechagodzilla for the climax. Sadly, this was not to be, but hey.
34) Godzilla: The Planet Eater = The reveal of Ghidorah is probably my favorite moment in the anime trilogy. Its haunting and I love the Lovecraftian approach to this version of Ghidorah.
35) Godzilla: King of the Monsters = Its hard to say as the monsters just plain ruled in this movie. Mothra stole almost stole the movie every time she showed up, Rodan fighting the jets was well done and a wonderful throwback to the original Rodan film, the scene in Antarctica is nuts, and the final battle in Boston is a mad house. I could also go for the emotional moment between Godzilla and Serasawa and Godzilla's rebirth scene. That said, I think my favorite moment is the final scene with all the monsters bowing to Godzilla. For me it was like the Rocky ending of Godzilla movies with him winning the day and becoming the top guy with all the world to see. I loved it.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests