List Of Japanese Kaiju Films that Feature Mt. Fuji.

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

List Of Japanese Kaiju Films that Feature Mt. Fuji.

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:40 pm

I want to make a list of Japanese kaiju films that feature Mt. Fuji in some capacity. The film has to have a shot of Mt. Fuji physically; it can`t just be an illustration featured in the films. The monsters don`t have to fight on it, just have characters or a scene there. The reason why I want to do this will become abundantly clear in the coming weeks. I`m going off the top of my head, so post things to add.

Godzilla Series:
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster
Invasion of the Astro Monster
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla vs. Hedorah
Godzilla vs. Mothra
GMK
Godzilla Final Wars
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

edgaguirus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: List Of Japanese Kaiju Films that Feature Mt. Fuji.

Postby edgaguirus » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:56 am

I think you got all of them. I don't really pay much attention to natural locations in these films, but more the man made landmarks we see in them.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

Terasawa
Futurian

Postby Terasawa » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:39 pm

• Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
  • Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
  • The Mysterians
  • Frankenstein Conquers the World
  • Gamera vs. Gyaos
  • Gamera: GOTU
-- 寺沢 --
YouTube

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:16 pm

Terasawa wrote:
  • Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
  • Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
  • The Mysterians
  • Frankenstein Conquers the World
  • Gamera vs. Gyaos
  • Gamera: GOTU

I doubt doubt you on MG, but that’s really strange, because the finale of the film takes place In Okinawa, which geographically is very far away.

Thanks for the update.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Terasawa
Futurian

Postby Terasawa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:22 pm

True, but Mechagodzilla first appears at Mt. Fuji, and the first fight takes place in Tokyo. Apparently the Black Hole Aliens' plan was to immediately lay waste to Tokyo and Godzilla. It's odd then that they're located in a cave in Okinawa, but that's also not far from the Azumi Shrine, and they desperately want to stop King Caesar from showing up too.

Yeah, it's pretty convoluted. There's a lot of travel back and forth from Japan and Okinawa throughout the first half of the movie.
-- 寺沢 --
YouTube

Return to “General Toho Films”