Kids today need a little Godzilla in their lives 2.0

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
JGAR
Futurian

Re: Kids today need a little Godzilla in their lives 2.0

Post by JGAR »

^I'll do my best to not turn my child into a spoiled little brat yelling f*% on XBOX LIVE. I'll make my best that just because of that he doesn't get overlooked in school and gets bullied and called stuff for not doing bad stuff.
Yooo 8-)

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Jomei wrote:
I just want to point out that Hot Topic just revealed a Godzilla t-shirt on Facebook. And of course, as Chris pointed out already, there have been Godzilla vinyls in Toys R Us and Kmart for quite a while now, among other stores. And SHMA figures can be easily found in a lot of comic and hobby stores. So... wanna backpedal on any of these claims?

My wife just bought me 2 godzilla t's last christmas, and one from christmas two years ago from the local comic book shop. Took another trip their the other day and they had plenty of g shirts and toys. FYE still carries tons of g movies too. Dont know what that guy talkin about.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Though not likely, LEGO Godzilla sets can get kids into Godzilla.
Yooo 8-)

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

i always wanted that as a kid......
Resized Image

MustafaDaisenso
Monarch Researcher

Post by MustafaDaisenso »

I'd rather have my kids watch Godzilla movies rather than the disturbing garbage thats on cartoon shows these days. What the actual skreeonk is adventure time supposed to be? Everything I've seen from it is really messed up and creepy.

Anyways, you gotta be careful with kids and Godzilla. Be gradual, otherwise they might become completely obsessed with that stuff and refuse to be interested in the outside world and become terribly isolated emotionally and a magnate for bullying and abuse.
"I'm a freelance reporter, but... you could call me a scandal hunter hahahaha…"
Check out my YouTube channel for restored Toku trailers in HD
Rodan 1.85:1 US Reconstruction Thread

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Yaaaaaa bullying and abuse he heh yaaaaaaaaaaa............
Resized Image

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

I never got into Adventure Time, it really doesn't look good.
Yooo 8-)

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

MustafaDaisenso wrote:I'd rather have my kids watch Godzilla movies rather than the disturbing garbage thats on cartoon shows these days. What the actual skreeonk is adventure time supposed to be? Everything I've seen from it is really messed up and creepy.

Anyways, you gotta be careful with kids and Godzilla. Be gradual, otherwise they might become completely obsessed with that stuff and refuse to be interested in the outside world and become terribly isolated emotionally and a magnate for bullying and abuse.

Well. He'll just pop in Godzilla Revenge then concoct his own dream of monster island, hang out with minya, learn a lesson or two, then ultimatly beat up his or her bully, knock over a painter then gain the respect of his peers. Maybe.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

essentially becoming the new bully? thats kinda what the movie is actually about..........
Resized Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Beef Bigshot wrote:essentially becoming the new bully? thats kinda what the movie is actually about..........
Ichiro is sooo not a bully at the end of the movie. Everyone he does anything against (Gabara and the sign painter) are people who possess both greater physical strength and social authority than he does. Striking out against someone more powerful than you are is not bullying.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:^ Absolutely correct! However, it is not politically correct, and we are seeing the opinion of a generation brought up on the idea that being rowdy or rebellious is a horrendous sin, and that even the mildest teasing is equitable with the most brutal bullying.
Godzilla's Revenge - a tale of the disempowered minority finding the voice for their collective rebel yell!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MustafaDaisenso
Monarch Researcher

You know, come to think of it, I did experience stuff similar to what happened in Godzilla's Revenge. I was bullied constantly as a kid, especially for liking Godzilla, and I often had my head in the clouds, so to speak, obsessing over Godzilla films.

I ended up beating the crap out of two bullies in middle school, kinda like Ichiro did, and I was never bullied again. Thanks Godzilla's Revenge for the life lesson!

MustafaDaisenso
Monarch Researcher

Jomei wrote:
MustafaDaisenso wrote:You know, come to think of it, I did experience stuff similar to what happened in Godzilla's Revenge. I was bullied constantly as a kid, especially for liking Godzilla, and I often had my head in the clouds, so to speak, obsessing over Godzilla films.

I ended up beating the crap out of two bullies in middle school, kinda like Ichiro did, and I was never bullied again. Thanks Godzilla's Revenge for the life lesson!
But what did you do about Gabara?
I kicked him in the dick

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

^ Then he throw some paint to a worker and become a bully himself...

Happy ending indeed.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Did anyone wander what happend to kid gabara after the movie. I sorta imagine ichiro would keep messin with him if he ever tried to talk to him. Poor gabara......at least he has a monster named after him

EDIT: ya know as a youngling, when I got picked on, I never thought to get violent. Probably cause I avoided Godzilla's revenge at all costs!
Resized Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Giga Kaiju wrote:^ Then he throw some paint to a worker and become a bully himself...

Happy ending indeed.
He fought back against a bully and honked a horn...
Beef Bigshot wrote:Did anyone wander what happend to kid gabara after the movie. I sorta imagine ichiro would keep messin with him if he ever tried to talk to him. Poor gabara......at least he has a monster named after him
Seems to me at the end like Ichiro has been embraced by Gabara and his gang, and has made peace with them. I imagine there won't be any more bullying on either side.

I know that's how it turned out when I demonstrated to my bullies that I wasn't gonna take any more shit.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

eabaker wrote:Godzilla's Revenge - a tale of the disempowered minority finding the voice for their collective rebel yell!
I don't want to think about Ichiro being up at the midnight hour crying, "More more more!" :(
bleep bloop

MustafaDaisenso
Monarch Researcher

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:
eabaker wrote:Godzilla's Revenge - a tale of the disempowered minority finding the voice for their collective rebel yell!
I don't want to think about Ichiro being up at the midnight hour crying, "More more more!" :(
That means two things. :lol:
I'm pretty sure that means one thing. And that thing is sex.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I see the statement more as not just Godzilla, but things that came out before they were born. As most fans, especially older, will say that his heyday was the first series in the 60's and 70's. Kids need to be exposed to older movies, older TV shows, older songs; you get my drift. I'm 29 and I was exposed to a lot of older movies and shows my parents enjoyed and I got into them too. I enjoyed watching pre-TV Land Nick at Nite and TV Land (when it was mostly older shows) more than a lot of kids of my age at that time. Several of my favorite movies were before I was born. At my old job I worked with 18-20 year olds that didn't know anything before the 90's. For example, you mention The Three Stooges, Red Skelton, or Abbott and Costello, and they look at you like you just farted. Three legends in screen comedy, and they don't understand what you're talking about. There's nothing wrong with liking more recent things, but some young people don't appreciate the older things; and that breaks my heart.

So when I see "kids today need a little Godzilla in their lives", I say "Yes. Along with so much other golden oldies of movies, music, and television."
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

We're lucky so many young people on this forum (lots of teenagers, myself included) are so invested in 50+ year old foreign films. I believe a large part of the cause of this comes from exposure to these films at childhood. It would be pretty great if any parents could show these to their kids and pass on the torch, but at the same time, I don't want it to appear as if they're shoving them down their tiny little throats.