Godzilla films you want to see?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Spuro
Keizer

Re: Godzilla films you want to see?

Post by Spuro »

I'd just like a new DVD/Bluray release of GMK with accurate subtitles, please.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:I'd just like a new DVD/Bluray release of GMK with accurate subtitles, please.
I meant to link this last night: subtitles (.ssa format) ripped from the Universe Laser release. These are reportedly the same subtitles Toho used on 35mm prints. I don't know if they're perfect but they're certainly better than the dubtitles on the Sony releases.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

A B team Godzilla movie. Gorosaurus, Baragon, Kumonga, Manda, and Varan team up against a powerful alien force or ancient kaiju.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I just want more Godzilla films with Anguirus playing a key role.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Terasawa wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:I'd just like a new DVD/Bluray release of GMK with accurate subtitles, please.
I meant to link this last night: subtitles (.ssa format) ripped from the Universe Laser release. These are reportedly the same subtitles Toho used on 35mm prints. I don't know if they're perfect but they're certainly better than the dubtitles on the Sony releases.
I just wish I knew how to get subtitles like that onto my copy in the first place.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
I just wish I knew how to get subtitles like that onto my copy in the first place.
The method in this old Tokyo Monsters guide (link) still works. I'd bet there are easier methods out there to be found with a Google search but this tried-and-true process is what I've always used.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

As far as crossovers go, obviously films with him and Cthulhu, Gamera, Ultraman, and Daimajin are high on my list, as well as a movie with Godzilla in the world of Pacific Rim. All of that goes without saying.

With other Toho Monsters, the big one is pairing him up with The Gargantuas in a film. The closest we've come in stock footage of Gaira making its way into Godzilla continuity. It wouldn't have happened in the Showa Period because Haruo Nakajima's performance was so vital to making Gaira work in WoG and Godzilla was all his, and he can't be both Gaira and Godzilla. Now though? I'd still love to see it.

Other Toho Monsters high on my list to make a comeback? Anguirus and Gigan for sure. Also, I'd love to have more obscure ones like Varan, Titanosaurus, and my guy Gorosaurus show up, even if in a small role. And what about the Heisei monsters? Biollante, Mecha Ghidorah, Battra, Spacegodzilla, and Destroyah have all become icons in their own right, but none of them have ever been brought back in film.

As for what kind of stories I'd like to see, I'd love to see a Post Apocalyptic Godzilla film, sort of like how the comic Godzilla Cataclysm was set up. Speaking of comics, I would love to see an adaptation of Half Century War.
Last edited by GojiDog on Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I want a Godzilla vs. Gargantua film based off that one idea were Godzilla fights a cyborg Gaira.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Monster Apocalypse and Project MechaGodzilla adapted to miniseries. Either anime or Tokusatsu.

Jan De Bont's Godzilla.

Godzilla vs. Gamera directed by Shusuke Kaneko.

Whatever that concept art of Showa kaiju turned into mechas was supossed to be.

And i'm kind of tempted to say Godzilla vs. Berserk, but we've actually seen the important concepts of the film: a human-built MechaGodzilla turning rogue and going against their creators was later used in Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla, and MechaGodzilla absorbing materials from his environment to become larger and less Godzilla-like was used in the anime.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I honestly wanna see Barugaron and Vagnosaurus make it into an official Godzilla film. The former is pretty much your average Godzilla clone (well less a clone and more of a vampire absorbing DNA but you get what i mean) but Vagno can bring in some interesting poop. Once you take her origin and odd powers into the equation you can actually make something really disturbing from her!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!