Page 1 of 3

Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:56 am
by Terasawa
Forgive me if there's a thread for this already, I haven't seen one.

I know some users are planning/have been re-watching every Godzilla movie in preparation for the upcoming KOTM; others will likely only be watching a few movies. I can't imagine there are any fans here that don't plan to watch anything in anticipation of seeing the new film but I suppose that's a possibility too.

So the question is this: what exactly do the rest of you intend to do before you see the latest Godzilla movie?

I'll be foregoing a full marathon in part because I don't have enough time to digest each film and but mostly because I don't want to be burnt out on Godzilla by the end of May. Instead, I think I'll be watching some or all of the following: Godzilla ('54; maybe the original KOTM), Rodan, Mothra ('61), Godzilla vs the Thing, and Ghidrah. If I feel like it I may also give G'14 another look.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:26 am
by HeiseiGodzilla117
The only ones I really plan to rewatch are going to be GTTHM, G14 and K:SI. I'll watch them closer to when the movie comes out. I picked those ones primarily because of their relation to KOTM. I want a refresher on the Monsterverse so far with G14 and K:SI. But I'm more excited to compare KOTM with GTTHM because they both have the same monster stars. Maybe I'll pick up on some homages or themes that might be shared between them too.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:11 am
by UltramanGoji
Full series marathon, one a day starting on the 27th of April. No Skull Island for me as it doesn’t really factor into this film at all.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:15 am
by KaijuCanuck
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:The only ones I really plan to rewatch are going to be GTTHM, G14 and K:SI. I'll watch them closer to when the movie comes out. I picked those ones primarily because of their relation to KOTM. I want a refresher on the Monsterverse so far with G14 and K:SI. But I'm more excited to compare KOTM with GTTHM because they both have the same monster stars. Maybe I'll pick up on some homages or themes that might be shared between them too.


Exactly my plan, for the same reasons.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:31 am
by MikeSTZillak
Breathing through a paper bag.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:04 pm
by eabaker
Acquire tickets. Rise that morning. Consume food. Likely repeat step three once or twice prior to attending movie.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:58 pm
by Terasawa
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:The only ones I really plan to rewatch are going to be GTTHM, G14 and K:SI. I'll watch them closer to when the movie comes out. I picked those ones primarily because of their relation to KOTM. I want a refresher on the Monsterverse so far with G14 and K:SI. But I'm more excited to compare KOTM with GTTHM because they both have the same monster stars. Maybe I'll pick up on some homages or themes that might be shared between them too.


UltramanGoji wrote:Full series marathon, one a day starting on the 27th of April. No Skull Island for me as it doesn’t really factor into this film at all.


I actually forgot about Skull Island. I haven't seen that yet so if I have time I may try to fit that in.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:36 pm
by MaxRebo320
I'll definitely watch the 2014 movie again shortly before I see KOTM, since I haven't seen that since it came out. Maybe I'll throw on Skull Island too, since its a fun flick, though I won't make it a priority (I've seen it a few times already).

Before LPG, I watched a few "essentials" (The original, KKVG, Mothra vs. Godzilla), but mainly took the time to revisit entries I hadn't seen in a long time, most (OK, all) of which were later Heisei and Millenium movies. So I might do that again, but we'll see. I also watched a few other Toho SFX offerings I hadn't seen at the time.

Terasawa wrote:I actually forgot about Skull Island. I haven't seen that yet so if I have time I may try to fit that in.

I can't guarantee you'll like it, but its certainly worth a watch.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:37 pm
by ManuJM1997
eabaker wrote:Acquire tickets. Rise that morning. Consume food. Likely repeat step three once or twice prior to attending movie.


Here, here!

Add consuming food inside the cinema...and out of it, too

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:12 pm
by Gerdzerl
Watch Godzilla (2014) and Kong: Skull Island the day before I go to the theater.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:06 pm
by LSD Jellyfish
Typically I marathon the entire series leading up to a new movie. I actually started that, but since I’m moving this week I had to put that on hold. My goal is to see the film on its release day in japan in a Toho cinema, preferably the biggest in Tokyo.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:02 pm
by JAGzilla
I'm that one guy who won't be doing anything. :huge:

Probably, anyway. It's almost two months out, so plans might materialize before then... But for now, I got nothin'.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
Watch Godzilla movies starting in May. Last week will then be Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla 2014.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:30 pm
by Mr_Goji_and_Watch
I'll install a bidet just in case I post an enormous shitpost on this site cause I don't like it as much as I wanted to

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:32 am
by GigaBowserG
Terasawa wrote:I can't imagine there are any fans here that don't plan to watch anything in anticipation of seeing the new film but I suppose that's a possibility too.


I never do :P I'll be out visiting family during the movie's release, so I'm most looking forward to the trip to the theaters with them to watch it.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:21 am
by kingkevzilla88
I plan on rewatching Godzilla (14) and Kong:Skull Island before hand. Also try to avoid spoilers as much as humanely possible. I will not get this movie spoiled for me.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:09 am
by Tyrant_Lizard_King
Absolutely nothing. Though I do plan on taking a couple vacation days that week so I can make the Thursday pre screening.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:24 am
by GojiDog
Starting in May, I am going to rewatch all the 32 Godzilla movies to date (Gojira 54 to Planet Eater) throughout the month and then see KOTM opening night.

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:29 am
by eabaker
GojiDog wrote:Starting in May, I am going to rewatch all the 32 Godzilla movies to date (Gojira 54 to Planet Eater) throughout the month and then see KOTM opening night.


34

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:41 am
by goji89
Treat it like any other day.