Anyone want to see a pure organic Gigan?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Anyone want to see a pure organic Gigan?

Post by Rhedosaurus »

One of the things about Gigan was that he used to a purely organic animal, but he was turned into a cyborg, half animal/organism and the other half machine. I've been wanting to see him in the Godzillaverse as a purely organic animal, mainly a giant meat eating theriznosaur that attacks, kills, and eats other titans.

Anybody else want to see Gigan as a pure animal?

Here's a pretty good idea of what I'd what him to look like via SeaGunsLives on DeviantArt.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Anyone want to see a pure organic Gigan?

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Not really. It really depends on if this idea is necessary for a story.

If he's a purely organic animal he still needs to be an alien, and to me him being a cyborg is what makes him so unique. I also don't want him to be just another "big monster that eats other monsters", I feel that takes away some of Gigan's evil personality.
Having his blades made of some (presumably) fictional space metal makes it a little more believable that he's a guy who can make Godzilla bleed since we all know Godzilla's one of the most invulnerable characters ever.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

I think it would be neat to see an origin story, but he's not Gigan without the cybernetics.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I think an organic chest buzzsaw would be pretty cool and give him kind of a body horror vibe.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I've always loved Gigan for just being this bizarre thing which, in the context of his first appearance, has no particular backstory or explanation. He's pure comic-booky strangeness.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I was always fascinated with Gigan. I would love to know its actual origins, unless if the origin of him being of the Garoga army from ZONE FIGHTER is considered canon.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

MorgansTShirt
Samurai

Post by MorgansTShirt »

That's a fun picture you posted, but I don't think it suits Gigan's unique character. Even his design in Final Wars is more true to the original spirit than that.

And I think changing Gigan's behavior into a wild predator is boring. A significant step down. For me Gigan's greatest appeal is his punk personality. Gigan was always a badass, of course, but he's also a bully and slightly a dirty coward.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I was always fascinated with Gigan. I would love to know its actual origins, unless if the origin of him being of the Garoga army from ZONE FIGHTER is considered canon.
I mean, it certainly wasn't taken into consideration in the original creation of the character, so "canon" or not, it is not definitive.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MorgansTShirt wrote:That's a fun picture you posted, but I don't think it suits Gigan's unique character. Even his design in Final Wars is more true to the original spirit than that.

And I think changing Gigan's behavior into a wild predator is boring. A significant step down. For me Gigan's greatest appeal is his punk personality. Gigan was always a badass, of course, but he's also a bully and slightly a dirty coward.
I agree. Also something being modified just to be a mechanized version, is kinda boring. Like I just imagined Gigan was a normal creature, with regular arms and hands, and was modified into having those weapons.

I think this is my favorite:

But if you show that, then suddenly the Gigan was know and love is now “Mecha Gigan”. Like Eabaker says the fact that Gigan doesn’t really have much explanation is part of the appeal.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Rhedosaurus wrote:One of the things about Gigan was that he used to a purely organic animal, but he was turned into a cyborg, half animal/organism and the other half machine.
To butcher an Obi-wan quote, "He's more machine now than [monster]"

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/analy ... showa.html

He might look fairly organic in some areas on the outside, but a look below the surface shows that pretty much every aspect features inorganic technology. Even his tail has been augmented along with his wings as well, which were modified to help cool down the internal reactor.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Arbok wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:One of the things about Gigan was that he used to a purely organic animal, but he was turned into a cyborg, half animal/organism and the other half machine.
To butcher an Obi-wan quote, "He's more machine now than [monster]"

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/analy ... showa.html

He might look fairly organic in some areas on the outside, but a look below the surface shows that pretty much every aspect features inorganic technology. Even his tail has been augmented along with his wings as well, which were modified to help cool down the internal reactor.
Ya know, I never really thought about the fact that, inside, Gigan is almost fully cybernetic. He must be in constant agony, and yet doesn't express the pain at all. He's really not much of a punk or a coward as much as he is a smart-know-when-to-quit badass who sucks up the constant pain and numbness in his body to take on Big G
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I was always fascinated with Gigan. I would love to know its actual origins, unless if the origin of him being of the Garoga army from ZONE FIGHTER is considered canon.
If you're asking if he's stated to be a creation of Garoga, the answer is no. They just happen to have him, just like the Nebula M Space Hunters did.

Anyways, I was always under the impression the Trendmasters figure gave his claws, etc. a more "bone" look.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

_JNavs_ wrote: Ya know, I never really thought about the fact that, inside, Gigan is almost fully cybernetic. He must be in constant agony, and yet doesn't express the pain at all. He's really not much of a punk or a coward as much as he is a smart-know-when-to-quit badass who sucks up the constant pain and numbness in his body to take on Big G

Why would he have to be in pain? If the alien society that hypothetically rebuilt him had the technology to do that much, surely they could modify what was left of his nervous system to make it comfortable for him. And unless they're mindlessly sadistic, it just makes sense to do so. Gigan is more likely to cooperate and fight well if he's not distracted by pain. Unless he's like Wolverine and just uses the pain to focus his mind, anyway, but I don't get that kind of vibe from his cowardly thug personality.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

JAGzilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Ya know, I never really thought about the fact that, inside, Gigan is almost fully cybernetic. He must be in constant agony, and yet doesn't express the pain at all. He's really not much of a punk or a coward as much as he is a smart-know-when-to-quit badass who sucks up the constant pain and numbness in his body to take on Big G

Why would he have to be in pain? If the alien society that hypothetically rebuilt him had the technology to do that much, surely they could modify what was left of his nervous system to make it comfortable for him. And unless they're mindlessly sadistic, it just makes sense to do so. Gigan is more likely to cooperate and fight well if he's not distracted by pain. Unless he's like Wolverine and just uses the pain to focus his mind, anyway, but I don't get that kind of vibe from his cowardly thug personality.
I'm sure the aliens that rebuilt him didn't have his well-being in mind, plus that antennae on his head is likely how they control what he does, so he could very well be in like a constant pain from all these different mechanical parts dancing around his body

I always assumed he was built by a war-based civilization
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Tbh, I always imagined him as a civilization-tier mercenary, that can be hired by other civilizations to destroy their enemies.
Never managed to figure out a reward that he could get.

Althougth this more a headcanon than anything.
As for organic Gigan, I agree that making him has all his weapons, but them being organic would make for nice horror, but would probably end up looking even more silly
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

ManuJM1997 wrote:Tbh, I always imagined him as a civilization-tier mercenary, that can be hired by other civilizations to destroy their enemies.
Never managed to figure out a reward that he could get.

Althougth this more a headcanon than anything.
As for organic Gigan, I agree that making him has all his weapons, but them being organic would make for nice horror, but would probably end up looking even more silly
Kinda like Lockdown from TF right? Same here, like a Deathstroke kinda vibe. Which would work for the Monsterverse if he were to suddenly just come down to earth like the T-800 and not mutter a word, just killing everything till he finds his target.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I will only accept an organic Gigan that looks like the Imperial knockoff version -
Last edited by tbeasley on Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

tbeasley wrote:I will only accept an organic Gigan that looks like the Imperial knockoff version
My sentiments exactly! :lol:
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

No not all, Gigan is a perfect baby and is pure. Gigan is my favorite Kaiju so I dont want to see its desing change. Mummy Gigan still hurts my soul to this day.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

While it would be nice to see his before form, it's not necessary. Gigan works best as a cyborg, with those hooks and saw in his belly. I've seen a few art pieces that have imagined his organic form, but he looks better as a cyborg.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.