Godzilla movies made entirely/mostly of unused projects. Do you want to see them?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla movies made entirely/mostly of unused projects. Do you want to see them?

Post by Terasawa »

Jetty_Jags wrote:Does anyone know what Kaneko wanted to do with Godzilla vs mothra? I know he was interested but did he ever share what he would have done?
I suspect he just would have directed Godzilla vs. Mothra, or something like it. I don't think it would have been like GMK where he would have hired his own creative team.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla movies made entirely/mostly of unused projects. Do you want to see them?

Post by Chrispy_G »

I would love to see a venue for some/most(Not all, we don't need Godzilla vs The Devil or pregnant spaceship Godzilla) to be realized in some fashion.

Some kind of animated anthology series would be cool. It could be a place for original one-off or multi-part episodes as well as recycling/adaptation of various elements from lost projects.

It would be cool for the Showa-Era ideas to be animated in a visual/audio style that feels sort of 'vintage' to the time they would have been created.

Each era using aesthetic designs, sound effects, music that is sort of 'from' where it originated.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."