Hedorah vs. Destroyah: Godzilla’s Deadliest Foe

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Who’s The Deadliest?

Hedorah
66%
Destroyah
34%

Total votes: 53

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: Hedorah vs. Destroyah: Godzilla’s Deadliest Foe

Post by KaijuCanuck »

miguelnuva wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Let’s just agree all three of those final bosses were a lot for Godzilla to handle.
Godzilla beat Destroyer to the point he was trying to run away. People think Destroyer is impressive just because Godzilla had gotten so powerful. Once Destroyer used his laser katana the fight went almost one sided.

Let’s just agree all three of those final bosses were a lot for Godzilla to handle. :huge:
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Destoroyah. Though he attempted to retreat he still managed to survive and tank multiple empowered red spiral rays from one of the most powerful Godzilla incarnations. He only was killed by the military because he was weakened by Godzilla at that point. The fact he endured all that though shows how powerful he was.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Destoroyah might be very durable, but Hedorah is practically invincible if he's not electrocuted. Someone could say Destoroyah can't be defeated without freesing him, but he can actually die from other things, like fire or extreme damage.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Destorogoji wrote:Destoroyah might be very durable, but Hedorah is practically invincible if he's not electrocuted. Someone could say Destoroyah can't be defeated without freesing him, but he can actually die from other things, like fire or extreme damage.
I wanna see Hedorah survive being hit by multiple empowered red spiral rays from Burning Godzilla. He'd be dehydrated so fast it isn't even funny.

Skreeonk Burning Godzilla would be the worst thing Hedorah would want to fight in close quarters from just drying up alone from the heat Burning Godzilla would give off.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:Destoroyah might be very durable, but Hedorah is practically invincible if he's not electrocuted. Someone could say Destoroyah can't be defeated without freesing him, but he can actually die from other things, like fire or extreme damage.
I wanna see Hedorah survive being hit by multiple empowered red spiral rays from Burning Godzilla. He'd be dehydrated so fast it isn't even funny.

Skreeonk Burning Godzilla would be the worst thing Hedorah would want to fight in close quarters from just drying up alone from the heat Burning Godzilla would give off.
It's not like Destoroyah had a chance against Burning G. The first minutes in his final form and Destoroyah was already vomiting blood. A LOT of blood.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Destorogoji wrote:It's not like Destoroyah had a chance against Burning G. The first minutes in his final form and Destoroyah was already vomiting blood. A LOT of blood.
The fact he still survived multiple empowered red spiral rays shows how powerful he was until trying to retreat that's something to take into account and due to being weakened by that was the reason the military was able to kill him.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:It's not like Destoroyah had a chance against Burning G. The first minutes in his final form and Destoroyah was already vomiting blood. A LOT of blood.
The fact he still survived multiple empowered red spiral rays shows how powerful he was until trying to retreat that's something to take into account and due to being weakened by that was the reason the military was able to kill him.
Powerful=/=durable
He wasn't powerful enough to cause actual physical damage to Goji, he was just very durable and took the blasts like a champ.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Destorogoji wrote:Powerful=/=durable
He wasn't powerful enough to cause actual physical damage to Goji, he was just very durable and took the blasts like a champ.
If it wasn't for Godzilla's burning form which was messing with his regen its pretty certain Destoroyah would had beaten Godzilla especially once using the horn katana.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:If it wasn't for Godzilla's burning form which was messing with his regen its pretty certain Destoroyah would had beaten Godzilla especially once using the horn katana.
I don't know...

*Thinks*

I could somehow imagine Godzilla pushing himself to his absolute
limits fighting Destroyah...even without his burning condition.

If the fight played out the same way...I could have seen Godzilla
using every last ounce of his strength by converting his very life
force into energy & venting it directly at Destroyah...possibly
at point blank range...atomizing Destroyah in the process.

Then I could imagine his body crumbling to dust as Junior absorbed
the released radiation to revive himself & mutate to full size.

Burning form or not...I personally think Godzilla would have won.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
its pretty certain Destoroyah would had beaten Godzilla especially once using the horn katana.
Pffft, not hardly, Godzilla got slapped around a little and that’s it, you’d probably have a point if Godzilla didn’t pop back up immediately after every hit like nothing happened.

Some of you act like that horn attack was suppose to chop him in half, it was a flashy effect, and that’s it. Godzilla literally lost an eye and a hand fighting Hedorah, it’s no contest…

Godzilla would have beat Destroyah, Burning mode or not, Hedorah on the otherhand would eventually dissolve every ounce of Godzilla’s flesh away until he couldn’t fight anymore.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Let's keep in mind that Hedorah could only be successfully dehydrated by an electrical current running through his entire body, cooking all his tissues at once- and even then, if he was forcibly imobilized within it. And even then, he had an escape form that could outrun most Godzillas or anything else capable of bringing him back to the one specific spot where he could actually be surrounded and immersed with electricity- a form requiring the same treatment all over again, after which he had to be physically torn apart to prevent recovery and still had internal seeds that could (presumably) allow his regeneration if not specifically destroyed.

Just shooting him with a maser or heat-ray isn't going to do it; like a piece of meat cooked on the inside but still raw at the core, just heating his outside won't do it; hence why Godzilla's heat ray didn't have an effect. That cooks the outside, but it doesn't reach all the way in. So there's no reason to believe the spiral heat ray or burning Godzilla's heat would do the same- or even blasting him with an electrical attack. He needed to be specifically held immobile, twice, within a saturation chamber that could pump electricity through all of him at once... not an easy-to-achieve battlefield condition. And any Godzilla without the power of flight still wouldn't be able to kill him that way; he'd just escape and not fall into the same trap again. So I am not so convinced that Burning Godzilla could easily kill him. His defeat conditions require an awful lot- as long as he can move, or any attack is just hitting him externally, affecting his epidermis and diffusing rather than soaking into every fiber of his being, he's not going to go down easily (if at all).

Meanwhile, Destroyah, at proportionate scale, lost to Junior. His one trump-card, micro-oxygen injection, was overcome by Junior's regeneration. That doesn't bode well for the notion that only Burning Godzilla can defeat him- and I don't see any particular attacks (except maybe the laser katana) in the scaled-up version to indicate an increase in threat level to someone 'his own size.' Now, could the katana inflict fatal damage without the amplified regen of Burning Godzilla? That's the one argument I can possibly see in his favor.

And is it possible that the military could only take him down because Godzilla had already weakened him? Maybe. But Godzilla didn't even seem to have the ability to wear down or weaken Hedorah prior to the actual activation of the very specific, one-time trap gambit. So if we're measuring deadliness by ability to survive and continue dealing damage, I think there's a pretty strong case for saying Hedorah trumps in that department.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I never once thought Destroyah would beat him. I'll admit he threw him around, but I never once felt he ever had a shot of taking Godzilla down.

Hedorah, on the other hand? I genuinely believe if the military did not step in, Godzilla would have lost.

Added in 1 minute 23 seconds:
I say this as someone who personally enjoys Godzilla vs. Destroyah more than Godzilla vs. Hedorah, too. I'd rank it in my top ten (nostalgia plays a big role, so put down the damn pitchforks!). So there's no bias here against Destroyah for me.
Last edited by Maritonic on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Destoroyah was killed by drunk flying into a pole: https://youtu.be/iW8S45QGLK4

Hedorah still takes the planet-sized cake.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
If it wasn't for Godzilla's burning form which was messing with his regen its pretty certain Destoroyah would had beaten Godzilla especially once using the horn katana.
Godzilla's burning form arguably weakened his regen and physically strength but Destroyer didn't tank his rays, one of the blasts knocked half his face off.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla's burning form arguably weakened his regen and physically strength but Destroyer didn't tank his rays, one of the boats knocked half his face off.
Explain then why Godzilla didn't fall to the ground as two halves when Destoroyah used his horn katana?

If anything his regeneration was better then ever or was being messed up with due to his burning form.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla's burning form arguably weakened his regen and physically strength but Destroyer didn't tank his rays, one of the boats knocked half his face off.
Explain then why Godzilla didn't fall to the ground as two halves when Destoroyah used his horn katana?

If anything his regeneration was better then ever or was being messed up with due to his burning form.
...Because the horn wasn't powerful enough to do that?

It's a chicken-and-egg issue to assume its power level and level-set the regen based on that, if neither are known quantities.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Destroyer's attack was weaker than the Godzilla's level of regen. That doesn't prove or disprove that the horn would have done more or less to regular heisei Godzilla.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Well durr, probably because it was a flashy attack and wasn't intended to actually slice through a body like a real blade.

You guys can argue all you want, bottom line is Godzilla was keeping up with Destroyah every step of the way, Godzilla was falling apart while fighting Hedorah :shrug:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Well durr, probably because it was a flashy attack and wasn't intended to actually slice through a body like a real blade.

You guys can argue all you want, bottom line is Godzilla was keeping up with Destroyah every step of the way, Godzilla was falling apart while fighting Hedorah :shrug:
It's even worse than that, Godzilla could only stall Hedorah while fighting a losing fight. Godzilla destroyed the Destroyer.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

You’re not wrong, Godzilla looked plum pitiful in some scenes during his fight with Hedorah, if anyone honestly thinks Godzilla would have pulled through during that fight without the electrodes, they’re kidding themselves.
Dude was losing body parts left and right, I don’t remember that happening with Destroyah, and he has a super duper deadly laser horn that chops kaiju in half!!! :lol:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#slatternking