Hedorah vs. Destroyah: Godzilla’s Deadliest Foe

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Who’s The Deadliest?

Hedorah
66%
Destroyah
34%

Total votes: 53

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Hedorah vs. Destroyah: Godzilla’s Deadliest Foe

Post by Zarm »

UltramanGoji wrote:
szmigiel wrote:What did Destroyah really do to Godzilla?
I did an analysis of the final fight back on the first page of this thread:
UltramanGoji wrote:I'll do another one of these "live analysis" for Hedorah's fight sometime later.
May I say, I am looking forward to that! I enjoy your writing style.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Thanks, Zarm! It was really fun to analyze the fights and see how their choreographed and how they stand thematically. Hedorah's fight should be a real treat.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Pound for pound if we scaled up Showa Godzilla I think he could kick Heisei Godzilla's ass. Other than having stronger atomic breath was Hesiei really that much stronger?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

miguelnuva wrote:Pound for pound if we scaled up Showa Godzilla I think he could kick Heisei Godzilla's ass. Other than having stronger atomic breath was Hesiei really that much stronger?
I think you might be right. Let’s also not forget that showa Godzilla’s breath seemed to get more powerful in the 70s, probably as a result of the better pyrotechnics Toho had.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I don't know, I think the nuclear pulse and Heisei's general toughness could serve to counter a lot of the close quarters melee abilities that showa had, and he just doesn't use his beam frequently enough to be effective against Heisei's regeneration. That would be my two cents, at least.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Zarm wrote:I don't know, I think the nuclear pulse and Heisei's general toughness could serve to counter a lot of the close quarters melee abilities that showa had, and he just doesn't use his beam frequently enough to be effective against Heisei's regeneration. That would be my two cents, at least.
Maybe, it’s not like he can spam the nuclear pulse though, and Godzilla has hella speed on his side (look at TOMG and Zone Fighter), plus flight :P
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Honestly, Showa Godzilla would just invent some crazy new ability on the spot and take the day. :P

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

I think he would just pummel Hesei Godzilla into submission/retreat/KO. Rewatching some of the later Showa fights Godzilla is pretty ruthless in hand to hand (given suitmation effects and standards). No other Godzilla really compares to my recollection outside of FW knowing kung fu.
Last edited by Spydrmanjr on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

But I feel that Heisei would be able to knock him away with the pulse, and keep him at bay with his beam spam. I'm just not sure Showa would get the chance.

I'm not saying Showa doesn't heavily outclass Heisei in melee. Just that Heisei has some defense to those kinds of up-close tactics that deserve a fair accounting.

That said, I think we may have gotten a little off-topic... :)
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maranatha!

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

Tomzilla wrote:
Ironically, Hedorah might clean up the planet’s pollution by consuming all of it, replacing it completely with its biomass. This would make most of the world uninhabitable for humans and most forms of life.
Of course, except for cats, who would most likely be the sole surviving species.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Tomzilla wrote:
Ironically, Hedorah might clean up the planet’s pollution by consuming all of it, replacing it completely with its biomass. This would make most of the world uninhabitable for humans and most forms of life.
Hedorah: Planet Of The Monsters

Coming soon to Netflix.

RIP Evan.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Hedorah: Planet Of The Monsters

Coming soon to Netflix.
Followed by Hedorah: Toilet On The Edge of Battle
&
Hedorah: The Planet Smotherer
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!