Action/Threats that don’t involve monsters

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Action/Threats that don’t involve monsters

Post by edgaguirus »

It would be an interesting angle to explore man's relationship with the monsters.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

edgaguirus wrote:It would be an interesting angle to explore man's relationship with the monsters.
Agreed. We never see how living in a world with kaiju really affects society outside of a few lines or scenes in a handful of movies. (e.g. Godzilla Raids Again, Shin-Godzilla, Gamera 2 and 3) It's the kind of story I'd really like to write see someday.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Especially if we're talking about a long term series with a large number of kaiju running around at all times, Showa style. The upcoming cinematic universe might be a perfect opportunity to explore something like this...

Toho, if you're reading this, THAT WAS A HINT.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

While nowhere near perfect, the comic Godzilla Cataclysm was onto something with its premise.

We've seen post apocalyptic worlds with zombie movies and things like Mad Max, but to see the monsters be the cause of that world is exciting to me.

And if we get to a point where generations of people grow up in this world, you get to a point where nobody remembers what it was like pre-monster, and what's left of society is shaped by it. Would they be nomadic hunter gathering types? Would they worship the monsters like Gods? There are a lot of fun things to explore and the comic does a few neat things with the premise.

But in a world like that, day to day living and searching for food can be just as dangerous as coming face to, uh, lets say toe, with Godzilla.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.