Which Gamera Kaiju stands the best chance of beating Godzilla?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Which Gamera Kaiju could beat 2003 Godzilla?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:57 am

Barugon
No votes
Showa Gyaos
No votes
Viras
No votes
Guiron
No votes
Jiger
No votes
Zigra
25%
Heisei Gyaos
No votes
Legion
25%
Irys
50%
Zedus
No votes

Total votes: 4

Godzillander
Yojimbo

Which Gamera Kaiju stands the best chance of beating Godzilla?

Post by Godzillander »

Which Gamera foe has the best shot at defeating the King Of The Monsters? The Godzilla in question is the 2003 Godzilla, assume all monsters are height equalized to 80 meters (proportionally)
"Sometimes I think this is Godzilla's world. We just live in it."
:godzilla:

UltramanGoji

Re: Which Gamera Kaiju stands the best chance of beating Godzilla?

Post by UltramanGoji »

Go to the Fantasy Matches forum.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

This is a very specific question.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I mean they are almost all malevolent, so the laws of plot mean that they all lose even to bad guy Godzilla.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I mean they are almost all malevolent, so the laws of plot mean that they all lose even to bad guy Godzilla.
Deadass. This guy gets it.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Honestly? Gamera himself. Yes he get's his ass handed to him all the time but he wins in the end because while his enemies have stupid powerful abilities (in context of his films) they are overspecialized and Gamera finds where their failings are under the right circumstances..

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Living Corpse wrote:Honestly? Gamera himself. Yes he get's his ass handed to him all the time but he wins in the end because while his enemies have stupid powerful abilities (in context of his films) they are overspecialized and Gamera finds where their failings are under the right circumstances..
Actually yes, this is the only correct answer.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Besides Gamera, I'd say Irys or Jiger. Irys has the power to siphon energy from other beings, and Godzilla could be at a disadvantage because of that.
Jiger, however, stands the best chance. With one jab of the tail stinger, Godzilla would be injected with Jiger Jr. and go into a coma. I don't know if Godzilla's radiation would have any effect on Jiger Jr., but if sound alone will kill the baby, then Godzilla would be unable to win without human aid.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

If I have to pick someone other than Gamera, it'd be Legion, she might be able to keep her shield up long enough to block Godzilla's rays and she can do it quick as shown when Gamera fired 3 fireballs at her. Combine this with her ability to birth an army of Solider Legions and her horn beam, she become a very formidable foe, if Godzilla can blast her wings off she can't fly anymore and destroy her little legs and the force field is gone. But she has shown that even when being blasted with the Mana Beam it had to be sustand fire to kill her so she can withstand a lot.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'd have to go with Legion, she has the raw power to go head to head with Godzilla and can def counter his atomic breath. For a second choice, I would probably say Guiron and Jiger, I think if they got extremely lucky it could pull a win off. Other than those two, the matches would be interesting to see but Godzilla would come out on top. Viras and Zigra have no real way to counter Godzilla. Barugon, Gyaos, and Super Gyaos would put up a struggle but be unable to overcome Godzilla. Irys, might be a wildcard, but I don't think it has what it takes to take down Godzilla as it did with Gamera.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I feel like Jiger, for the reasons edgaguirus mentioned, or Zigra with the paralysis beam, stand the best chance. Irys might be able to pull a kind Megaguirus tactic, but somehow I am skeptical about its durability, even if Godzilla had to resort to melee only.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Barugon might be able to win by just freezing him. He's lost to being frozen by the Super-X3 before and that was while his body was burning hot.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Living Corpse wrote:Barugon might be able to win by just freezing him. He's lost to being frozen by the Super-X3 before and that was while his body was burning hot.
Well he was frozen in ice in GRA and was reawakened by the sub crashing into the iceberg in KKVG. That being said, Godzilla was able to shrug off the cold much icer than Gamera. So Barugon might not be able to use his freeze spray long enough for Godzilla to be immobilized

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzillian wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Barugon might be able to win by just freezing him. He's lost to being frozen by the Super-X3 before and that was while his body was burning hot.
Well he was frozen in ice in GRA and was reawakened by the sub crashing into the iceberg in KKVG. That being said, Godzilla was able to shrug off the cold much icer than Gamera. So Barugon might not be able to use his freeze spray long enough for Godzilla to be immobilized
There's also the factor of how cold is Barugon's breath. I doubt it's the same level as Super-X3, and it most certainly is not Absolute Zero level.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I’d say a tie between Legion and Iris. A pack of fully-grown Gyaos have a shot too.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Kiryu-Goji is the weakest of the Godzilla species despite his tenacity and durability. Any Gamera kaiju could beat him, quite frankly.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It depends. Are we assuming KiryuGoji will be constantly fighting, or will he wander off/stand around while his enemy gets its act together?

Excluding Gamera himself, I'd say Legion, for the stated reasons, or maybe Guiron. That blade of his is no joke, and KiryuGoji's regenerative abilities are subpar. A couple good slashes or stabs, and Godzilla could very well be down for the count.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

The Legion...Queen & Swarm...
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!