Worst human character in a Kaiju film, Godzilla or otherwise.

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Worse human character out of any Kaiju film

Poll ended at Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Ford Brody (Godzilla 2014)
No votes
Pteranodon guy (Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2)
14%
Haruo Sakaki (Godzilla Anime)
57%
Dr. Stewart (War of the Gargantuas)
14%
Kennys (Showa Era Child characters)
No votes
Chujo (Tokyo SOS)
No votes
Other (If other, please specify who)
14%

Total votes: 7

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Worst human character in a Kaiju film, Godzilla or otherwise.

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

eabaker wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Pteranodon guy should take the cake since no one remembers his real name
Kazuma Aoki
Thanks man, I knew someone would!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Why does Haruo Sakaki not work as a character, yet Eren Jaeger manages to do so, when both are practically the same character?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Haruo is annoying and he does not get any sympathy from me, so he gets my vote.
For Emperor and Empire!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Haruo is a good choice. I'm trying to think of a worse character but I really can't.
Like, Audrey was irritating in '98, Ren Serizawa was lame but at least he had that scene in the chair where his eyes rolled back. Rick Stanton was kinda irritating but not as much as when the movie was new imo.
Haruo was my biggest roadblock to enjoying the Polygon trilogy.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Why the hell are Kazuma Aoki and Ford Brody even options, they’re both actually good and interesting characters, people just go “herr derr, pterodactyls” and “lol cardboard acting lmao” because people hyper-focus on “pterodactyls” and ignore everything else about the character (probably because “lol 90s Heisei protagonist”) and because people can’t seem to grasp the idea that a soldier is thoroughly trained to not be overly emotional in a dangerous situation.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.