BAM: Japanese Horror Film Series

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

BAM: Japanese Horror Film Series

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hey everybody, just wanted to let you know that for anyone in the NYC area, BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) is doing a really cool retrospective Japanese horror film series in late October.

They’re playing three Godzilla movies:
Godzilla (1954) playing Friday October 26th
Mothra (1961) playing Sat, October
Destroy All Monsters, playing November 1st

I’m sure everyone has seen these films already, but trust me when I say it’s a lot of fun to actually watch the older Toho films on a big screen.

In addition to that, they’re playing a lot of other J-horror films from the 50’s to 70’s, many critically acclaimed and some obscure. Some other movies they are playing is Onibaba, Kwaidan, Kuroneko, Jigoku and a slew of other great stuff.

Personal reccomendation goes to Goke Body Snatcher from Hell.

Unfortunately, their site isn’t listing the films now, but I have a flier from the place that advertises all this stuff. I’ll update this thread with more info as soon as I have it.

Added in 13 days 11 hours 6 minutes 8 seconds:
BAM updated their website! Here is go guys:
https://www.bam.org/BAMcinematek?alttem ... ileProgram

Scroll down to late October
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.