What Monster Would Terrify You If It Were Real?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

What Monster Would Terrify You If It Were Real?

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Titles a bit wonky, but oh well. :P

Out of all the Toho kaiju throuought the years, which monsters would you find absolutely horrifying if they one day popped up in our world and began rampaging?

For me, easily any of the humanoid monsters, such as Kong 1962, Gaira, Sanda, or god forbid, the Titans from the live action Attack On Titan movies. It’s probably the uncanny valley playing a part but damn it’d send chills up my spine to see anything human-like actively devouring people. :freak:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: What Monster Would Terrify You If It Were Real?

Post by Godzillian »

Gaira since he specifically targets humans as food and I live in a beach town so I'm prime pickings for him

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Godzillian wrote:Gaira since he specifically targets humans as food and I live in a beach town so I'm prime pickings for him
Oh damn, yeah I see what you mean :lol:

Gaira would be one of the very worst.

Another pick for me would be Shin Godzilla’s fifth form, that just screams “hell naw”. Those things don’t even have eyes…
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Any of the space monsters. They are absurdly destructive even when compared to Earth monsters with most having the potential to destroy worlds and at least with Earth monsters you get some signs they are coming. Space monsters can literally drop out of the sky and we wouldn't know till it starts it's rampage.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Hedorah is a serious contender for the worst, given that he can horrifically kill whole cities just by quickly flying over them, and is unstoppable even by kaiju standards.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Until he gets struck by lightning and dies :lol:

Toho’s Titans, they’d be the absolute worst
#slatternking

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I mean all of them would terrify me. Even something like Minilla would get me to run and hide because of how big it is. Even the good monsters like Mothra or Sanda, the guys that actively protect us, I'd steer clear of.

Heck, even if The Giant Claw showed up, I'd be like "Nope, I'm outta here".
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Rodan. I mean the fact that he could drop out of the sky and begin attacking from above would be terrifying. Especially if there's two of them flying about, them supersonic waves are devastating.... I probably wouldn't even know what hit me :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Any flying kaiju in general. The ones that just walk around, they’d be horrifying, but you’d have a very long time between knowing they’re approaching your location and their actual arrival. A flying kaiju, you’d have very little, if any, warning before they just rush through and wreck shit.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Any of the kaiju that're small enough to target and eat people like Gaira, Baragon, or Rodan.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

All of them.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It would be Hedorah or Kumonga. Hedorah is destructive just be existing, and the larger it gets, the more damage it could do to the environment.

Kumonga is another. The spider also targets humans, and he'd be harder to get away from.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

Hedorah, Shin Godzilla and King Ghidorah. I've had some pretty realistic dreams about Ghidorah with everything on fire, people screaming in agony as thier bodies are strewn every where and the world dying. It's a similar KG to the one it looks like we will get from Legendary next year. Pretty horrifying if it were real.
Dedicated To Darkness..

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

JAGzilla wrote:Hedorah is a serious contender for the worst, given that he can horrifically kill whole cities just by quickly flying over them, and is unstoppable even by kaiju standards.
And he's one of the more pacify space monsters, he just wants to eat pollution but his very nature is that his mere presence is deadly to earthly life, he didn't start getting serious about fighting Godzilla and humans till his final form. King Ghidorah, say what you will about his fighting capability against other monsters, is pretty much made for destroying cities, raining down Gravity Beams with little to no recharge/cool down time while creating hurricane winds and shockwave like Rodan at Mach 3. And we don't know it's motivation, it's not for food, he just shows up and kills even when not mind control.

And then there's Gigan who just takes charge once mind control is broken. Or Dogora who when it runs out of coal and diamond to eat will probably move on to the next source of carbon to eat. Us.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Probably the turtle from Power Rangers with a traffic light on it's back. Shellshock.

Either that or Kumonga.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzillian wrote:Gaira since he specifically targets humans as food and I live in a beach town so I'm prime pickings for him
Was gonna say Gaira, too. I felt Honda did such a great job making Gaira freaky in War of the Gargantuas.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

MechaGodzilla & King Ghidorah since both of them are capable of glassing entire cities in mere minutes, I find them to be somewhat more terrifying than Hedorah due to their lack of an electricity weakness, and their quicker flight speeds.

Godzilla as well since he will permanently contaminate just about everything he comes near, especially without any of the Showa Era's counters to radiation (Mothra's dust/scales, the purple fumes used in Mothra vs Godzilla, presumably the Infant Islanders drinks).
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

As for planetary threats, Hedorah, Dogora, and Death Ghidorah.

Death Ghidorah especially.
#slatternking

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Any of them would be terrifying if they were real, for me any of the giant bugs would the worst. The Giant Ants from THEM, see as that they're the size of van and can multiply faster than a thing. Hedorah would be absolutely horrifying as well.

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

I forgot about Gyaos. Those things chow down on humans and if the Heisei era Gamera movies are anything to go on, it seems we are a staple part of their diet. Definatley in there with Shin, Hedorah and KG...perhaps even more so since there are usually multiple Gyaos'.
Dedicated To Darkness..