Best Godzilla Kill?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Best Godzilla Kill?

Post by Moogabunga »

What in your opinion is the greatest Godzilla kill? (trying not to count Orga or 2014)

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Re: Best Godzilla Kill?

Post by KillCrites »

Godzilla blowing up Baragon in GMK was pretty rad.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Godzilla destroying the 1st Mechagodzilla is an all time favorite of mine.

First of all, he generates a magnetic force and pulls Mechagodzilla to him! (Insert Jedi/Use the Force joke here).

After King Ceasar gets a few shots in, Godzilla then forcibly rotates Mechagodzilla's head (I LOVE the sound effect for this by the way) and then Big G just rams his fist right into his robot double's mouth and breaks his head off. The robot then EXPLODES in a blaze of glory, blasting the victorious Godzilla into the ocean.

It is a fantastic ending to one of the most wild and violent kaiju fights ever put to screen.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mechagodzilla 2' and Titanosaurus's demise in TOMG - honestly the kills just go together. It might be my favorite Godzilla kill(s) of all time, it may not be "precise" as the finishers in G14 or RA, but the glare Godzilla gives after defeating them is so badass. Titano falling off the cliff after getting blasted by atomic breath reminds me of Dirty Harry killing Scorpio. titano's death is still sad though.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Probably an unpopular choice, but Mothra's death from MvG always sticks out to me. It's one of the only times you can see the light leave a kaiju's eyes.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Probably an unpopular choice, but Mothra's death from MvG always sticks out to me. It's one of the only times you can see the light leave a kaiju's eyes.
Yes! One of the best "acting" moments from a kaiju ever. It is amazing they were able to get that puppet to believably look like its life faded away.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Probably an unpopular choice, but Mothra's death from MvG always sticks out to me. It's one of the only times you can see the light leave a kaiju's eyes.
Yeah, not only is the puppeteering wonderful, the way it's staged and edited really sells how lethal Godzilla could be. The entire fight is easily one of the best set pieces in the series, and almost certainly the tightest giant monster fight Honda and Tsuburaya ever did together.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The two I'd pick are the first MG and the female Muto.

Like others have said before me, all seems lost for Godzilla and Ceasar, but then Godzilla pulls out his trump card. The mighty robot is bashed and beaten, and then has its head wrenched off. I like how the robot's eyes flicker as it head is twisted off, and then Godzilla snaps it right off. The Muto is another memorable one. We've seen Godzilla use his breath weapon on kaiju, but never a blast directly aimed for the mouth. It's a brutal, but very effective, way of killing a monster.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Godzilla killing Anguirus by ripping his throat out and setting his body aflame.

All the kaiju’s beatdown on Ghidorah in DAM.

Godzilla “killing” King Ghidorah in the 1991 film.

Godzilla killing Zilla.

Godzilla & Minilla teaming up to duel atomic blast Kumonga.

Added in 7 minutes 14 seconds:
edgaguirus wrote: We've seen Godzilla use his breath weapon on kaiju, but never a blast directly aimed for the mouth. It's a brutal, but very effective, way of killing a monster.
Biollante says “hi” :P
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Nah, she probably said something like "Skreeeeeaaaaaaawwwwwww." You'd need Miki to properly interpret.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

"What's the best kill but ignore two of them!" lol
anyway I always really liked Godzilla finishing of King Ghidorah in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Godzillian wrote:"What's the best kill but ignore two of them!"
Yeah really, what’s up with that.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Probably because those are the top two expected answers, and the OP wants to know what would be considered the best one after the two obvious choices.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Zarm wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Probably because those are the top two expected answers, and the OP wants to know what would be considered the best one after the two obvious choices.
I mean, we have, what, 29-30 other films excluding those two, and 2 cartoon series, not only that, but we have a few very memorable and emotional human kills as well, I feel there’s enough diversity in the franchise to do a *Best Of* thread without using the “exception” rule.

It’s all a matter of opinion anyway, I for one wouldn’t consider Orga’s kill to be in my top favorites :shrug:
Was just saying this thread could do without the “exception” rule, but that’s just me, people will list them anyway because they’re memorable, so everything’s moot really :lol:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#slatternking

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

To me, aside from the Orga and the FemMuto, I would probably have to say Shindo. While not a kaiju death, it truly is one of the most poignant scenes in the entire franchise.

After that, I would probably have to say Megaguirus. I mean, sure it's just another 'explodes after atomic breath' death, but it's just so satisfying to see. After a long fought battle where she almost constantly has the upper hand after out-maneuvering almost every attack at Godzilla's disposal, and even stealing his energy to keep him from firing off the signature attack, we see him finally turn the tables by ridding Megaguirus of that stinger. The shock to her system takes over, allowing for a final window, allowing Godzilla to do what he had been trying to do all battle, land a good hit with a blast of his atomic breath. GvMG may not be a great, or good, Godzilla film, but that end fight really is one of the most entertaining fights the series had since, well, Terror of Mechagodzilla imo.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."