Can Godzilla Burrow?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Godzillian
Kwaidan

Re: Can Godzilla Burrow?

Postby Godzillian » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:04 am

The anime Godzilla has burrowed out of being burried under ground multiple times. Also worth noting that Godzilla burrowed in the Godzilla vs M script
"Can any Godzilla burrow? Ignore the one Godzilla that does!" nice

SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:28 pm

Godzillian wrote:The anime Godzilla has burrowed out of being burried under ground multiple times. Also worth noting that Godzilla burrowed in the Godzilla vs M script
"Can any Godzilla burrow? Ignore the one Godzilla that does!" nice

I think that was included because the question was about more traditional Godzilla's, not radical redesigns

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Postby Billzilla1974 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:13 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Swimming? I should've clarified, on the monitor it was just a dot that was marked Godzilla's position in the ocean.

They were using a so called "Super-Geiger counter", showing Goji as a dot in the ocean.
I've actually noticed that Goji seemed to be swimming rather fast, based on how the alien's map onscreen resembles a map of one of the bays in IRL japan.
My attempt to figure out his speed was probably inaccurate, but Showa Goji might've been swimming at a kilometer or two per second on the Super Geiger's screen.

I think a good chunk of Godzilla incarnations can dig, although late Showa G would probably take longer to dig because of his duller claws, unless he just constantly punched his way through the earth of course! :lol:
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!
Banjo-Kazooie Main.

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:59 am

I feel like Mothra vs. Godzilla and Godzilla vs. Megaguirus showed he COULD.

G98 was best burrower :lol:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

edgaguirus
Kwaidan

Postby edgaguirus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:52 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:

G98 was best burrower :lol:

He really digs it, man.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

Return to “General Toho Films”