Can Godzilla Burrow?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Can Godzilla Burrow?

Post by Godzillian »

The anime Godzilla has burrowed out of being burried under ground multiple times. Also worth noting that Godzilla burrowed in the Godzilla vs M script
"Can any Godzilla burrow? Ignore the one Godzilla that does!" nice

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Godzillian wrote:The anime Godzilla has burrowed out of being burried under ground multiple times. Also worth noting that Godzilla burrowed in the Godzilla vs M script
"Can any Godzilla burrow? Ignore the one Godzilla that does!" nice
I think that was included because the question was about more traditional Godzilla's, not radical redesigns

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Swimming? I should've clarified, on the monitor it was just a dot that was marked Godzilla's position in the ocean.
They were using a so called "Super-Geiger counter", showing Goji as a dot in the ocean.
I've actually noticed that Goji seemed to be swimming rather fast, based on how the alien's map onscreen resembles a map of one of the bays in IRL japan.
My attempt to figure out his speed was probably inaccurate, but Showa Goji might've been swimming at a kilometer or two per second on the Super Geiger's screen.

I think a good chunk of Godzilla incarnations can dig, although late Showa G would probably take longer to dig because of his duller claws, unless he just constantly punched his way through the earth of course! :lol:
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I feel like Mothra vs. Godzilla and Godzilla vs. Megaguirus showed he COULD.

G98 was best burrower :lol:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:

G98 was best burrower :lol:
He really digs it, man.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.