Godzilla's Toughest Opponent Over All

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Who Do You Believe Is Godzilla's Toughest Opponent Over All?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:48 pm

King Ghidorah(Showa)
5%
King Ghidorah(Heisei)
2%
King Kong
No votes
MechaGodzilla(Showa)
8%
MechaGodzilla(Heisei)
15%
Kiryu
No votes
Hedorah
38%
Destoroyah
13%
Mothra(Showa)
2%
Mothra(Heisei)
No votes
Kaiser Ghidorah
15%
Gigan(Showa)
No votes
Space Godzilla
2%
Biollante
No votes
Battra
No votes

Total votes: 60

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Godzilla's Toughest Opponent Over All

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Maritonic wrote:G-Force effectively killed Destroyah so I don't think he's really the "toughest"...
Why do you guys still ignore after taking multiple hits from empowered red spiral rays? I guarantee if it wasn't for those the G-Force wouldn't had been able to finish him off.
Because what G-Force does to kill him wasn't effected by Godzilla's attack. They go for his wings, freeze his wings, and he falls and just...dies. They don't exploit the damage caused by Godzilla. If they did, we'd talk. But they don't.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Maritonic wrote:Because what G-Force does to kill him wasn't effected by Godzilla's attack. They go for his wings, freeze his wings, and he falls and just...dies. They don't exploit the damage caused by Godzilla. If they did, we'd talk. But they don't.
But the fact Destoroyah survived multiple hits from empowered red spiral rays from arguably one of the most powerful Godzilla incarnations really says a lot.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Because what G-Force does to kill him wasn't effected by Godzilla's attack. They go for his wings, freeze his wings, and he falls and just...dies. They don't exploit the damage caused by Godzilla. If they did, we'd talk. But they don't.
But the fact Destoroyah survived multiple hits from empowered red spiral rays from arguably one of the most powerful Godzilla incarnations really says a lot.
No it doesn't. He got part of his neck blasted off. Cool. The fact remains he was killed by the military, not Godzilla. If Godzilla grabbed the guy by the throat and blew open a new hole in his head then cool. But he didn't.

This is because of Destroyah's storytelling. People like to hype up Destroyah as a concept, but not take into account what happens on screen.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Maritonic wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
No it doesn't. He got part of his neck blasted off. Cool. The fact remains he was killed by the military, not Godzilla. If Godzilla grabbed the guy by the throat and blew open a new hole in his head then cool. But he didn't.

This is because of Destroyah's storytelling. People like to hype up Destroyah as a concept, but not take into account what happens on screen.

But wasn't he simply too badly wounded, if not mortally wounded, at that point anyway? Even thought the military dealt the final blow, I find it hard to believe that Des wasn't suffering from internal injuries from all those supercharged spiral rays. Add in how many of his aggregates were killed by Burning Godzilla, and he was doomed to die anyway.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: But the fact Destoroyah survived multiple hits from empowered red spiral rays from arguably one of the most powerful Godzilla incarnations really says a lot.

But wasn't he simply too badly wounded, if not mortally wounded, at that point anyway? Even thought the military dealt the final blow, I find it hard to believe that Des wasn't suffering from internal injuries from all those supercharged spiral rays. Add in how many of his aggregates were killed by Burning Godzilla, and he was doomed to die anyway.
That's not something expressed on screen. And what "all those" rays do you two keep referring to? Unless I'm remembering incorrectly he took two. One to the face, one to the chest. Granted it's definitely been a while so I could absolutely be mistaken.

There's no established rules with Destroyah or how he works with the aggregates. This is, again, a problem with the films storytelling. In Spacegodzilla we knew his crystals were powering him, we knew the tower was channeling his power. Godzilla blasting all of that weakening him was something we could comprehend and see for ourselves.

Internal damage or number of aggregates is assumption.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Maritonic wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

That's not something expressed on screen. And what "all those" rays do you two keep referring to? Unless I'm remembering incorrectly he took two. One to the face, one to the chest. Granted it's definitely been a while so I could absolutely be mistaken.

There's no established rules with Destroyah or how he works with the aggregates. This is, again, a problem with the films storytelling. In Spacegodzilla we knew his crystals were powering him, we knew the tower was channeling his power. Godzilla blasting all of that weakening him was something we could comprehend and see for ourselves.

I'm talking about all the amount of rays he took in totality. I'm simply going by what common sense dictates, even though I do admit that applying it to Godzilla movies is a bit...tricky.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm talking about all the amount of rays he took in totality. I'm simply going by what common sense dictates, even though I do admit that applying it to Godzilla movies is a bit...tricky.
Sure. But what I'm getting at is Destroyah is given no established rules in the film. That's why I brought up the Spacegodzilla comparison. The idea that he was just too injured isn't expressed on screen in any way; they don't show him limping away, or flying away in fear/pain like Ghidorah does in '91 after his head is blown off. Destroyah just kinda...floats up. They freeze his wings. He falls. Poof.

While I'll definitely agree it's a logical deduction he had some internal damage (he does spit blood), it's not what ultimately ends his life. Or what even leads to his life ending.

At the end of the day, Destroyah is a terrifying powerful CONCEPT. He's just not executed as such in the film.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Top 10 Strongest Godzilla Foes:
#1: Hedorah (Showa) - Virtually invincible, always growing more powerful and armed with a deadly arsenal of special abilities.
#2: Super Mechagodzilla - Armed to the teeth and specially designed to take Godzilla down. Came closer to killing him than anyone else.
#3: Space Godzilla - Outfitted with many special powers, including psychic abilities, that made him unbeatable for Godzilla without Moguera's assistance.
#4: King Ghidorah (Showa) - Very large and very powerful, always required multiple opponents to be defeated.
#5: Destoroyah - Comparable to Hedorah in its lifestyle and certainly very deadly. Doesn't tank higher because it's more physically vulnerable than most big bads.
#6: Mechagodzilla (Showa) - Able to fire missiles from every part of its body and composed of nigh indestructible space titanium.
#7: Keizer Ghidorah - Biggest Godzilla foe ever, and clearly very powerful with its irksome gravity beams. Seems more vulnerable than the Showa Ghidorah though.
#8: Biollante - Massive and equipped with superior regeneration abilities to Godzilla. Slow and susceptible to strong attacks, however.
#9: Orga - Like Biollante, possessed superior regeneration abilities coupled with fast-working cloning abilities. Didn't seem very resilient to attacks, however.
#10: Kiryu - Not quite as tough as the other Mechagodzillas, but still equipped with many strong anti-Godzilla weapons like the Absolute Zero Cannon.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

• Showa- Hedorah
• Heisei- Super Mechagodzilla
• Millennium- Keizer Ghidorah
• Reiwa- Humans
• Anime- King Ghidorah
• MonsterVerse- boxoffice returns
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Orichalcum wrote: • MonsterVerse- boxoffice returns
Fucking brutal, but sadly true.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy