Toho monster logos, how to find?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla Copyright Icons

Post by kaijukurt »

Yeah, I've noticed all these icon "anomalies" too.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Greetings,

I just decided to Bump this thread to see if anyone had any success in finding any more of these icons? I've been trying on-line but I am guessing many of them are on Japanese sites. Based on results so far I have a total of 50. But I know there are a few more out there. I wish I still had my Bandai Vinyl toys. I really want to believe King Kong & Mechanikong had their own Icons, but my memory could be faulty. If anyone could post links or images of any Icons not already seen here, It would be appreciated. I will also do the same if I have any luck
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Neither of the Toho Kong's had icons, unfortunately. Hell, none of the Toho Frankensteins had one either. :?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Well There are plenty of Toho Monsters that Don't have Copyright Icons, and a few that have multiple (Jet Jeguar has 2 etc..). Also Rodan, and Fire Rodan each have one, but 3 distinct Mechadodzilla's must all share one Icon?? Dosen't make much sense.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Tyler wrote:I find it silly Toho has to put a little 'tm' or 'r' next to every monster's name on DVDs and stuff. It's ridiculous on the back of the new DAM disc.
Whatever (©, ® and ™ of Toho Co., Ltd.) Do (©, ® and ™ of Toho Co., Ltd.) You (©, ® and ™ of Toho Co., Ltd.) Mean, (©, ® and ™ of Toho Co., Ltd.) Tyler (©, ® and ™ of Toho Co., Ltd.)?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Living Corpse wrote:Kiryu actually did have his own for a short while. Look at the trailers for G:STE or the back cover. And I know Super-Mechagodzilla has one too...rather pointless since it's just Mechagodzilla with Garuda attached.
I have G:STE for PS2, there is no Kiryu Icon, neither was it on the XBOX image I looked at on-line. The resolition of on-line trailers is so pixlated, I cant make out the icons??

If someone coujld post the Kiryu Icon that would be awesome as it would bring the total to 51

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Greetings,

I believe you. Trust me, the icons are very hard to find. The SuperMechagodzilla one is one of the 50 I already have, and TG16 has it earlier in this thread. In fact I think there are 48 of them in this thread, I just scanned the Gezora and Ganimes ones myself from the back of the Space Amoeba DVD, also a clearer version of Dogora's from the back of that DVD. Also I scanned both of Jet Jaguars as I have both PS2 & Wii versions of G:U.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

o.supreme wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Kiryu actually did have his own for a short while. Look at the trailers for G:STE or the back cover. And I know Super-Mechagodzilla has one too...rather pointless since it's just Mechagodzilla with Garuda attached.
I have G:STE for PS2, there is no Kiryu Icon, neither was it on the XBOX image I looked at on-line. The resolition of on-line trailers is so pixlated, I cant make out the icons??

If someone coujld post the Kiryu Icon that would be awesome as it would bring the total to 51
Kiryu's icon is actually not on the box itself, but it can be seen when you boot up the game, and all the icons are shown on screen. It goes by quickly so you'll have to keep an eye out for it. It's on the bottom right of the screen, IIRC.

The Heisei MG/Super MechaGodzilla both have separate icons, which seems pretty silly. It kind of saddens me that the Showa MG doesn't have his own. I don't like the 90's MG very much, and seeing that on the back of the GvsMG ('74) Sony DVD made me roll my eyes the first time I saw it. The Showa MG is easily the most popular and recognizable out of the three. Why Toho didn't give him his own icon (but went out of their way to give Baby, Little G and Jr. all different icons, all whom have had very little merchandise based off them) is beyond me.

Here are some REBIRTH OF MOTHRA icons that I didn't see posted in this topic. The quality is atrocious, but it's all I've got.

Aqua Mothra Image

Dagahra Image

DesGhidorah Image

GarGaru Image

Ghogolcon Image
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I always thought Heisei MG was the most recognized, atleast here in the US. He happens to be my favorite though I favor Showa MG just as equally.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Thank you Goji! Those are wonderful, and brings our total up to 55! If I can get a screen cap of the opening of G:STE for Kiryu I'll let everyone know, but its late and I am going to bed, I'll try it in the morning. LOL! that Gohgo gets and Icon, and many other established Kaiju dont.

*edit*- OK so I couldn't sleep without checking this out. It is a horrible copy, but the best I could get from a screenshot of the game. It does in fact say "Mechagodzilla Kiryu", I'm sorry the quality is so bad. But now we can confirm 56 Icons woo hoo!!

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

That is different than what I remember. I remember a logo that said Mechagodzilla 3. I can't get a snapshot of the Godzilla Saves the Earth game page from a few years back working in my browser to confirm though.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

No problem o.supreme!
Gyaos wrote:I always thought Heisei MG was the most recognized, atleast here in the US. He happens to be my favorite though I favor Showa MG just as equally.
Dear god no. The original MG had been around for 19 years before the '93 film was released, and that film wasn't even released here until '98.. "MechaDuckzilla" is most certainly not the most recognized, not by any stretch, and seems to be the least popular Mechagodzilla with Japanese fans, evident by collector's over there preferring Showa-related collectibles.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Maybe those are the designs Toho feels best about?
Formerly known as kurtzilla

MaxDefiant
Samurai

Post by MaxDefiant »

http://www.becominggodzilla.com/images/ ... Dicons.jpg

I scanned the icons off the back of the Classic Media DVDs to get a better resolution image. I think FW and DAM had some as well. I see about scanning those this afternoon.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Tyler wrote:The IDW comics seem to be using the Heisei designs a lot.
What's your point? It's easier to write a heroic Mechagodzilla that's built to fight monsters than it is to have a destructive MG bent on destroying humanity battling a Godzilla who has the same goal. Derp. Use your head dude.

I love how you just pop into topics to stick your nose up at people, and never provide anything else to the conversation. You wonder why the hell people find you so obnoxious.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Because it's the most popular Godzilla desgin since 1991, it has been used for the most toys and pop references in the media. It's better then having G2k/GXM design for the comics.
I think he was refering to Mechagodzilla.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Because it's the most popular Godzilla desgin since 1991, it has been used for the most toys and pop references in the media. It's better then having G2k/GXM design for the comics.
Yeah, he was was talking about the Heisei MechaGodzilla.

The last time Mechagodzilla was an an alien-made creation was in the Atari games...but they used the wrong MechaGodzilla.

It could also be that the 90's MG is the "standard" MG, which could also explain why it's used as the official icon used for merchandising.

With the introduction of factions in Godzilla:Unleashed, things were fixed. The U.N. MG (Heisei) was part of the Earth Defenders faction, while the one built by the Black Hole aliens was part of the Aliens faction.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

And THEN in GU they gave Mechagodzilla 2 finger missiles and eye lasers, and kept his PG weak, and screwed Mechagodzilla 1 with weak finger missiles, no chest beam, no toe or knee missiles, and no all out assault. And yet they give him the FLAME THROWER of all weapons? Not to mention they screwed up his roar and fingers.

Don't get me wrong, I like GU despite it's faults but they really dropped the ball on the Mechagodzillas. Kiryu came out the most faithful to his movie counter part.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

MaxDefiant
Samurai

Post by MaxDefiant »

I scanned in all of the icons from the Sony DVDs, Classic Media, etc and here's what I came up with:

http://www.becominggodzilla.com/images/ ... Dicons.jpg

26 in total, some are definitely better than others. I'm trying to clean them up in Photoshop to be used in new custom DVD covers down the road. It sounds like a lot of the icon images are in the games also... where else have they been used?

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

Books and out the back of toy boxes.
That's all I know. :?
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.