Toho monster logos, how to find?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Toho monster logos, how to find?

Post by Goji »

Yeah, it's been around for about a year and some change.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Desolation MM wrote:Now featuring 1962's King-Goji?
KinGoji is the best Goji.

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

I just attempted to clean up the Desghidorah copyright icon; I'll admit it doesn't look perfect, but it looks pretty close. The circle on the outside and the lettering are kinda shit, though. :p
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Bump because I was looking for several of these.

Also, the IDW comics tend to have a lot of these if anyone wants to scan them. They also have some of the more obscure/hard to find ones.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Which ones are remaining?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

A Cybernetic Possum
GPN Volunteer

Post by A Cybernetic Possum »

I livetraced a bunch in illustrator when I was dicking around with covers recently. A few, like Gorosaurus/Spacegodzilla/Destoroyah had to be reconstructed/partially redrawn beforehand. Some came out better than others; Orga and Monster X II kind of look like shit, for example, but if you're actually using them for something, they're going to be pretty small, so imo it doesn't matter a ton. I also redid their circles and text 'cause livetrace sucks with text most of the time. View the pic directly for full-size.

Resized Image

MechaGodzillaShowa
Samurai

Post by MechaGodzillaShowa »

A Cybernetic Possum wrote:I livetraced a bunch in illustrator when I was dicking around with covers recently. A few, like Gorosaurus/Spacegodzilla/Destoroyah had to be reconstructed/partially redrawn beforehand. Some came out better than others; Orga and Monster X II kind of look like shit, for example, but if you're actually using them for something, they're going to be pretty small, so imo it doesn't matter a ton. I also redid their circles and text 'cause livetrace sucks with text most of the time. View the pic directly for full-size.

http://i.imgur.com/IzAmBMF.png

I seen those in the internet and I say they are pretty darn cool looking ... I did not know that these things existed. Thanks for sharing that picture! :)

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Giving this a bump! Some icons i made in Photoshop.
Spoiler:
Any suggestions for other toho monsters?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Those look awesome! What's your process for making the monster pictures look like that? I've been meaning to make some of these myself.

For suggestions, I'd suggest some of the monsters whose icons are blurry/low quality (Dogora, Ganimes, Aqua Mothra, the Gargantuas, etc.)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I remember first seeing these logos with the Trendmasters toys in '94.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It's worth noting that at some point Toho changed Godzilla's icon from the original marvel one they've been using to the 1963 design.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Ask this question, Yoda does.
I really hope these return for the Monsterverse.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I really love those logos. I literally want one for every kaiju ever lol.

As I said in another thread, I'd love these on stickers or a t-shirt.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Fresh batch!
Spoiler:
UltramanGoji wrote:Those look awesome! What's your process for making the monster pictures look like that? I've been meaning to make some of these myself.

For suggestions, I'd suggest some of the monsters whose icons are blurry/low quality (Dogora, Ganimes, Aqua Mothra, the Gargantuas, etc.)
Well first grab a decent sized copyright icon, i used Godzilla, color away the monster with white color brush/pencil tool, keep both tm's, use the pen tool to try to get a nice curve around the edges of the circle, use text tool on the pen path and use center text, make sure the size of the letters is a decent size, grab the image of the monster of your choice, get rid of any background, use the filter gallery and apply either photo copy or stamp and toy with the settings until you get something you like, then erase any white on the outside, keep the inside white and save as png! :D
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Lovely logos, UltimateDitto! Very impressed!
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Ditto, you're beautiful. Especially love the Frankenstein one. Surely he must've had one at some point?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

PineappleProducer
Monsterland Worker

Post by PineappleProducer »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:It's worth noting that at some point Toho changed Godzilla's icon from the original marvel one they've been using to the 1963 design.
If this is indeed the case, I wonder why Funimation's Blu-ray of Shin Godzilla uses the old logo?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

PineappleProducer wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:It's worth noting that at some point Toho changed Godzilla's icon from the original marvel one they've been using to the 1963 design.
If this is indeed the case, I wonder why Funimation's Blu-ray of Shin Godzilla uses the old logo?
Someone at Funimation was feeling nostalgic? Idk, it's just an odd oversight.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

I still see the marvel logo on most things. I don’t think it’s been fully faded out yet...
GO GO GOJI KUN

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

The new Godzilla copyright icon with the 1962 design and year on it seems to primarily be used in Japanese media, and has been in use since at least 2012. U.S. media still continue to use the classic Marvel Godzilla icon, hence why the Funimation Shin Godzilla Blu-ray release has it instead of the new Japanese one.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.