Toho monster logos, how to find?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Re: Toho monster logos, how to find?

Post by UltimateDitto »

Some icons for lesser known monsters. :D
Spoiler:
Thanks UltramanGoji for the suggestions!
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

King of the Monsters wrote:The new Godzilla copyright icon with the 1962 design and year on it seems to primarily be used in Japanese media, and has been in use since at least 2012. U.S. media still continue to use the classic Marvel Godzilla icon, hence why the Funimation Shin Godzilla Blu-ray release has it instead of the new Japanese one.
Interesting. I wonder, though, why the U.S. media stuck with the Marvel icon. Perhaps there's some legal hubbabbadoo involved.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

CyberZilla wrote: Interesting. I wonder, though, why the U.S. media stuck with the Marvel icon. Perhaps there's some legal hubbabbadoo involved.
I'm not sure either, but it might just be some preference by Toho. The new icon uses Godzilla's Japanese name in place of his English name, so maybe Toho uses it as something exclusive to Japanese media. Maybe "exclusive" isn't the right word, since I believe the Japanese and English boxes for the S.H. MonsterArts figures use the new icon in addition to the icon of the monster depicted by the figure. Heck, pictures I've seen of the SHMA Shin Godzilla box use the new Japanese icon and the classic Marvel icon and they're right next to each other. Maybe the new icon is meant as more of a brand for all new Godzilla media and products rather than a replacement for the old icon.

Or maybe I'm just thinking way too far into it. I don't know, the copyright icons have always intrigued and fascinated me.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

UltimateDitto wrote:Some icons for lesser known monsters. :D
I really like the one for Dogora.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

UltimateDitto wrote:Some icons for lesser known monsters. :D
Spoiler:
Awesome work! Funny enough, I used the same pictures of Sanda and Gaira for my own custom icons! :lol:

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Those are all awesome, keep 'em coming!
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Here's an album of some logos I've made. Some are brand new and a few are remasters of low-quality ones.

http://imgur.com/a/2t4ii

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

@UltimateDitto
That GunHed one looks really cool, good job on all of them.

If I could take up some requests?
Shin Godzilla + forms
Legendary Godzilla
Jirass
Heisei Gamera, Gyaos, Legion, and Iris
Toho Kong
Black Moth
Shinomura (from Godzilla Awakening)
Rodan 2019, Mothra 2019, and Ghidorah 2019 (based of Skull Island cave paintings)
Rogue Titan, Armored Titan, Colossal Titan (Toho versions)
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

UltramanGoji wrote:Here's an album of some logos I've made. Some are brand new and a few are remasters of low-quality ones.

http://imgur.com/a/2t4ii
Those are all awesome, I need to get these all in one place somehow.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Two tv show icons plus and old one i made of Clover awhile ago, and Solomon!
Spoiler:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

If I could suggest some ideas...

Heisei Gamera
Heisei Gyaos
Legion
Iris
Jirass
MUTO
Shin Forms 2, 3, & 5
Black Moth
Toho Kong
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Sure! :)

I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Edit: Nevermind I see you've got icon for the Yamato Takeru characters.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Did anyone else ever see these as a kid and see them not as copyright icons, but like "warning symbols" alerting you? Whenever I got a new movie I'd always look for these symbols to see witch monsters were in it.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Did anyone else ever see these as a kid and see them not as copyright icons, but like "warning symbols" alerting you? Whenever I got a new movie I'd always look for these symbols to see witch monsters were in it.
When I was a kid I remember that I used these icons to help me memorize all of the monsters and like you said find out which monsters appeared in a specific movie.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Did anyone else ever see these as a kid and see them not as copyright icons, but like "warning symbols" alerting you? Whenever I got a new movie I'd always look for these symbols to see witch monsters were in it.
Definitely, I loved doing that.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos