Toho monster logos, how to find?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Toho monster logos, how to find?

Post by Hotrod93 »

Ok a quick thread help thing.

Anyone know where I can find these, if so could you please link them. Ive been looking for them and cant seem to find them anywhere. Watch them be closer than I think >_>

Note: Im looking for all of them Godzilla-Monster X2

Note 2: Im talking about these.

Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: Toho monster logos, how to find?

Post by Showa Gyaos »

They can be found on DVDs, VHS tapes, books, and video games. Even Blu-Ray.

As for a website with them all, however, I've tried searching for them. If there is one, it's totally obscure. :?
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

tokyostateofmind
Monarch Researcher

Post by tokyostateofmind »

Yes. Your best bet is to get Hi-Res scans of the various DVD covers with the monsters you need. I am pretty sure you won't get all of them, but the majority.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

tokyostateofmind wrote:Yes. Your best bet is to get Hi-Res scans of the various DVD covers with the monsters you need. I am pretty sure you won't get all of them, but the majority.
This is a good idea. The strangest logo I've heard of is one for the Dorats from Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. According to Godzillawolf on the old boards, it was on a VHS cover.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

I got a whole lot on my 'Godzilla: At World's End' book.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I have a whole bunch of these. There are a few lacking (most notably Krystalak and Jet Jaguar's from Godzilla Unleashed), but it's most of them. Here they are in convenient zip form: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6wikej

Also, here are two that I made for fun, a couple years back:

Image Image
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:I have a whole bunch of these. There are a few lacking (most notably Krystalak and Jet Jaguar's from Godzilla Unleashed), but it's most of them. Here they are in convenient zip form: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6wikej

Also, here are two that I made for fun, a couple years back:

Image Image
Thanks a ton bro!
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Hotrod93 wrote:Thanks a ton bro!
You're welcome. Have fun with 'em, lol.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

For years, it's bothered the crap out of me that Toho uses the MARVEL GODZILLA look for the Godzilla icon. And It looks pretty bad, frankly. It was never changed, and shows how little the guys responsible for said icons at Toho, actually care about such details.

Nice collection of icons Titano

There are only a few missing from there, that I can tell. Other icons also in existence that I know of are:

-Kiryu
-Jet Jaguar
-Dorats
-Aqua Mothra
-Mothra Leo
-Death/DesGhidorah
-Dagarah

Both Kong and Mechani-Kong don't have one for obvious reasons. I can't recall if the remainder of the SPACE AMOEBA crew have icons or not, I'd have to double check the DVD. There also doesn't exist one for the (Showa) Mechagodzilla, which I always thought was kind of lame since he is the incarnation people are generally most familiar with. Clearly Toho didn't even opt for a MG icon until after the 93' film..
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Goji wrote:There are only a few missing from there, that I can tell. Other icons also in existence that I know of are:

-Kiryu
-Jet Jaguar
-Dorats
-Aqua Mothra
-Mothra Leo
-Death/DesGhidorah
-Dagarah
Krystalak also has one, but I don't think Obsidius does. At least, it wasn't used on the case for Godzilla: Unleashed
Goji wrote:I can't recall if the remainder of the SPACE AMOEBA crew have icons or not, I'd have to double check the DVD.
*Checks my DVD.* They do.

I wonder if the gang from Yamato Takeru have them, as well as Super Godzilla and the monsters from Godzilla Trading Battle.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

For years, it's bothered the crap out of me that Toho uses the MARVEL GODZILLA look for the Godzilla icon. And It looks pretty bad, frankly. It was never changed, and shows how little the guys responsible for said icons at Toho, actually care about such details.
Wow! I'm glad that there's someone else who noticed that aside from me! Perhaps Toho liked the comic book series?
Formerly known as kurtzilla

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Living Corpse wrote:A Super Godzilla Logo would probably be hard to tell apart from a SpaceGodzilla Logo.
Knowing Toho, I don't think that'd stop them.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

[POST DELETED]
Last edited by JVM on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Yeah, but I doubt you've been collecting Japanese Godzilla merchandise for 20+ years that have had said icon on it. It looks bad, plain and simple.

You're logic on the Mechagodzilla icon doesn't really make any sense when you consider there are FOUR icons for Godzilla's adopted son. (Minilla, Baby, Little G, and Junior). Like I said, the Heisei incarnation was the "face" of the Mechagodzilla character at the time when Toho started using these icons on their merchandise with more frequency. I'm sure that's why that design was picked. Also, an icon for Kiryu also exists, which kind of negates your entire argument in the first place
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Look Goji, I'm sorry, I didn't know this was such a personal issue for you, I didn't mean to offend you, okay?
Last edited by JVM on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Goji wrote:there are FOUR icons for Godzilla's adopted son. (Minilla, Baby, Little G, and Junior).
All four have different names. Of course Toho would make sure they're all covered.
Goji wrote:Also, an icon for Kiryu also exists
Again, different name.

godzilla1996
Monsterland Worker

Post by godzilla1996 »

I would recommend getting the book The Official Godzilla Compendium. It has nearly everyone, except Orga, Zilla, Megaguiras, Monster X, and Kaiser Ghidorah.
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good shit

Toxic Toast
Monsterland Worker

Post by Toxic Toast »

^ The only monster logo on my compendium is one of Godzilla on the back cover.
Legion1979 wrote:They're cute, but at the very heart of it they're all a part of Toho being anal retentive regarding copyrights. I've never quite understood why it's so hard to just have one catch-all copyright statement on all American products.
I like how the Pipeworks Godzilla games open with a statement of copyright and all the monster logos, yet still find it necessary to include TM or © after each monster name every time one appears, even the monster select screen.
Mothra's promise: "As long as you remain friends of the the Earth, then Mothra will remain your ally."

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Goji wrote:there are FOUR icons for Godzilla's adopted son. (Minilla, Baby, Little G, and Junior).
All four have different names. Of course Toho would make sure they're all covered.
Goji wrote:Also, an icon for Kiryu also exists
Again, different name.
The irony of it all is that you only really ever see the Minilla icon anyway ;) Baby, Little G, and Junior haven't been in anything else other than their respective films, and aren't popular (anywhere) anyway. I'd be surprised to even find products that have used said icons.

Toho makes no sense when it comes to selling the Mechagodzilla character. They have TWO icons for the Heisei Mechagodzilla, which implies that Super Mechagodzilla has to be licensed separately, which is just wrong. Also, the Kiryu icon last appeared in Godzilla:Save The Earth, yet he ended up being called "Mechagodzilla 3" in the game anyway. With G:U, Kiryu was now called by his proper name, yet his icon was mysteriously missing, with Krystalak's icon apparently taking it's place. What the hell?

As for the TM symbols all over everything, it is downright annoying. I remember the recent press release for the IDW Godzilla comics read MothraTM, King GhidorahTM, and MechagodzillaTM. Is this really necessary?

Also, the original title screens for the Showa films (that Sony released) have now been altered with stupid "TM" symbols right next to the English title screen/ font.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I don't believe so. None of the Toho Frankenstein's do.