Which Godzilla Would Be The Most Terrifying To Witness In The Real World?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Which Godzilla Incarnation Would Be The Most Terrifying To Witness In Real World?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Godzilla 54'
5%
Godzilla 55'
No votes
Godzilla 62'
No votes
Godzilla 64'
No votes
Other Showa Godzilla Not Listed
3%
Godzilla 74'
No votes
Godzilla 84'(First Heisei)
3%
Early Heisei Godzilla (89-92)
No votes
Late Heisei Godzilla (93 & 94)
No votes
Burning Godzilla
18%
Zilla (Godzilla 98')
2%
Godzilla 99' (2000)
No votes
GMK Godzilla
16%
Godzilla 02'
No votes
Final Wars Godzilla
No votes
Legendary Godzilla
2%
Shin Godzilla
31%
Godzilla Filius
20%

Total votes: 61

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Which Godzilla Would Be The Most Terrifying To Witness In The Real World?

Post by Vakanai »

Ivo-goji wrote:G Earth was only Filius size when he drove humanity and it's allies off the planet, tanked all of those nukes, melted through the Himalayas, blew up Gorath, etc. That thing is a walking existential crisis.
This. That thing ended civilization and drove humans off planet. Might not look as scary as Shin, might not make humanoid tail offspring, but power-wise that is a world ender threat for humanity.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I was going to say Godzilla Filius because he's impervious to normal human weaponry, killed every monster he fought, & drove humans off the planet. But I ultimately chose Shin because he'll continuously evolve and adapt to whatever's thrown at him & has no known permanent weaknesses & he's physically very disturbing.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

1954 is awful in his own right since he gives off more fallout than any other one. Seriously almost no other film but his goes into the how he contaminates an area just by being near it.

Spacegodzilla for being a terraforming monster with unlimited energy sources.

Legendary has survived nukes and worst doesn't even notice us most times.

Kiryu cause it's got man made weapons that push our tech and science to it's limits.

Showa and GFW cause he has human level intelligence and pulls new powers out of his ass.

Heisei keeps pulling new powers out of his ass as well and survived lava.

Shin, Earth/Fillius, Burning for the reasons others already stated. Bonus points for Shin becoming John Carpenter's The Thing.

Fuck even the 'lesser' Goji's of the millenium series survived things that should be impossible like Black Holes and Absolute Zero.

Pretty much all in their own right.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

THE HORROR!!!!!!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Yeah, the Son of Godzilla suit is the one suit I can honestly say I don't like, it's ugly and not in a story way like Shin is. And people bitch about GFW's face "looking like a rat". Give me a break.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Definitely Earth when he was 50m. Since we don't have the technology to temporarily trap him, we're screwed. Plus those of us who live in the United States are skreeonked for being first to get attacked :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I don't quite understand why Shin has so many votes. He's arguably the least threatening Godzilla ever. Almost completely passive and non-aggressive, and even if he does decide to attempt a counter attack he shuts down and hibernates for over a month.

I'd be more afraid of 70's Godzilla, lol.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:I don't quite understand why Shin has so many votes. He's arguably the least threatening Godzilla ever. Almost completely passive and non-aggressive, and even if he does decide to attempt a counter attack he shuts down and hibernates for over a month.

This.

Shin is arguably the most non-aggresive Godzilla ever. He only attacked after SEVERAL attacks.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Destorogoji wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:I don't quite understand why Shin has so many votes. He's arguably the least threatening Godzilla ever. Almost completely passive and non-aggressive, and even if he does decide to attempt a counter attack he shuts down and hibernates for over a month.

This.

Shin is arguably the most non-aggresive Godzilla ever. He only attacked after SEVERAL attacks.
Which is what our stupid asses would do.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Destorogoji wrote:

This.

Because he doesn't care?

Seriously people, a 120 meter tall behemoth won't start to attack beings a hundreth times smaller just because he feels like it.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Hikari
GPN Volunteer

Post by Hikari »

All of them?
May or may have not just came here for the Ultra-Thread.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:

This.

So then what if "WE" are the true Godzillas that are a threat to "A" Godzilla.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

ManuJM1997 wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:

This.

Because he doesn't care?

Seriously people, a 120 meter tall behemoth won't start to attack beings a hundreth times smaller just because he feels like it.
That's my point. He doesn't represent a direct meneace to humans.

Added in 3 minutes 48 seconds:
goji89 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Destorogoji wrote: This.

So then what if "WE" are the true Godzillas that are a threat to "A" Godzilla.
Now this is getting philosophical.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

ManuJM1997 wrote: Seriously people, a 120 meter tall behemoth won't start to attack beings a hundreth times smaller just because he feels like it.
My cat would beg to differ. She loves chasing insects. :P
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

Just thought of something. So...Godzila Earth started out basically as a Filius and was only so huge after thousands of years. Yes he was already one of if not THE strongest incarnations of G but think about this. Imagine Shin after 10,000 years. As quick as he evolves, there's no telling what crazy skreonk he would be capable of and that's not even trying to imagine what he might look like. Not that Shin could drive humanity off planet but what if? The thought of a10,000+ year old Shin is quite disturbing.
Dedicated To Darkness..

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Kaeyas wrote:Just thought of something. So...Godzila Earth started out basically as a Filius and was only so huge after thousands of years. Yes he was already one of if not THE strongest incarnations of G but think about this. Imagine Shin after 10,000 years. As quick as he evolves, there's no telling what crazy skreonk he would be capable of and that's not even trying to imagine what he might look like. Not that Shin could drive humanity off planet but what if? The thought of a10,000+ year old Shin is quite disturbing.
There is no evidence to back this up....He was born very eagerly and he could die just as fast. Imagine a firwork. Say he constantly evolves further and further then at some point it would stop being Godzilla and just be some hyper evolved species. As was shown if there is no threat to Shin then there is NO reason for it to evolve. His evolution is driven by means of protection than tbat of destruction.

So if humanity were to leave Shin alone it would just be considered a natural disaster. Like a tornadoe a storm. Thus making him a non tbreat to humanity and just a calamity.

Hell, eventually Geico or State Farm or All State would offer insurance in case this pacifist Goji appears.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Since Shin doesn't seem to actually need food or anything, for all we know he could evolve into a frigging biological mountain and just sit in one place for eternity. And as for the humanoids, there's no reason to think they'd be any more aggressive than the big one. Just leave them alone, let 'em shuffle blankly around, and nobody has to get hurt.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Shin is arguably the most non-aggressive Godzilla ever... except he looks horrific, he's sloshing around red plague-blood, and he still causes a massive tidal wave of damage as he approaches. And you either let him smash his way through the heart of your city, an immovable object, an existentially-horrific force that goes where he will, destroys what he will, with no decoying or distraction, as you are forced to stand at a distance and watch helplessly... or you provoke him, and he creates a nightmare firestorm of flashing beams and raging infernos that reduces your city to ashes while he shrugs off the hits from your most powerful weaponry.

That's why a lot of people have voted for Shin, I think, when there are other Godzillas with more aggressive behavior (but the ability to be diverted), or higher yield weaponry (delivered in a less shock-and-awe way)... because of the psychological warfare aspect. Terror doesn't consider the potential or the stats; it's about the experience. And Shin, for my money, delivers one of the most horrific and terrifying experiences of heplelessness and sheer terror and awe in his destruction.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

It doesn't matter how peaceful a giant monster is, it's too big and would kill people just by walking. And we would shoot it and try to kill it, we'd treat it like an animal that can be killed instead of a natural disaster like an erupting volcano, which is what Shin was showing. We thought because it was an animal we can just kill it, which just escalated as it went. Oh the rockets didn't work? Use missiles. Still nothing? Bunker busters. And when we finally DID hurt it, it just escalated the monster to attack on sight from then on instead of just walking around.

We were gonna nuke the thing, so just by existing we end up becoming a threat to ourselves by trying to kill an animal we can't control.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Zarm wrote:Shin is arguably the most non-aggressive Godzilla ever... except he looks horrific, he's sloshing around red plague-blood, and he still causes a massive tidal wave of damage as he approaches. And you either let him smash his way through the heart of your city, an immovable object, an existentially-horrific force that goes where he will, destroys what he will, with no decoying or distraction, as you are forced to stand at a distance and watch helplessly... or you provoke him, and he creates a nightmare firestorm of flashing beams and raging infernos that reduces your city to ashes while he shrugs off the hits from your most powerful weaponry.

That's why a lot of people have voted for Shin, I think, when there are other Godzillas with more aggressive behavior (but the ability to be diverted), or higher yield weaponry (delivered in a less shock-and-awe way)... because of the psychological warfare aspect. Terror doesn't consider the potential or the stats; it's about the experience. And Shin, for my money, delivers one of the most horrific and terrifying experiences of heplelessness and sheer terror and awe in his destruction.
Precisely. Shin may be passive at first, but the thing is a ticking time bomb. Hit a soft spot and he erupts into a show of flames and lasers that causes 10x more damage than if he where allowed to just walk around. Make no mistake, we WILL find a way to injure him and he WILL fight back.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns