Who Deserves/Would You To See Get Their Own Film?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Who Deserves A Solo Or Origin Story Movie The Most?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Anguirus
8%
Gigan
10%
King Ghidorah
28%
Hedorah
8%
MechaGodzilla (Showa with Blackhole P#3 aliens)
3%
Megalon
No votes
Baragon
3%
Biollante/Erica
No votes
Space Godzilla
No votes
Destoroyah
No votes
Bagan
8%
Godzilla(Before event's in 1954)
No votes
Battra
No votes
Junior (both pre and post Heisei G's Death)
3%
Titanosaurus
No votes
Kumonga
No votes
Orga(his species to be exact)
8%
King Cesar
8%
Godzilla 55'(pre-Godzilla Raids Again)
No votes
Gorosaurus
No votes
Kamacarus
No votes
Godzilla(Legendary. Origin or pre 2014)
5%
Megaguirus (before D. Tide brought it here)
No votes
Other Not Listed
10%

Total votes: 39

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Who Deserves/Would You To See Get Their Own Film?

Post by Vakanai »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I would like to see a solo film for King Caesar, a period film would be great. Have him fight Megalon, as Seatopia treys to take over Okinawa. It makes scenes to do so, seeing that as the two keep getting pitted against one another in recent years.
There are these rocks off the coast of one of the less inhabited islands of Japan that some people think might be the ruins of a prehistoric megalithic civilization. I'd have to Google it to remember the name, but I would love to see it linked with Seatopia. Or the civilization that made Gamera, either one.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think a G-Force movie or anime could be pretty cool. Technically any anti-kaiju unit could work but G-Force has the most name recognition. I'd love to see all G-Force tech making a return. Hell even throw in Gotengo and stuff like that. A massive alien invasion threatens earth and it's up to G-Force and the UNGCC to save mankind.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Fropston
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fropston »

King Ghidorah destroying some poor Alien civilization that he comes across could be pretty neat.

I do have one guilty desire though. Jet Jaguar. A film starring him will probably never happen, but a guy can dream.
(Less) Rare poster. :pelops2:

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Fropston wrote:King Ghidorah destroying some poor Alien civilization that he comes across could be pretty neat.

I do have one guilty desire though. Jet Jaguar. A film starring him will probably never happen, but a guy can dream.
Not necessarily, Japan's not Hollywood, the audience there isn't the same as in the west. Plus Toho is allegedly more open to kid friendly ventures and kids seem to like Ultraman. Toho might want to go for that market. If it happens it will be well after 2021, but still...

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Vakanai wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:I would like to see a solo film for King Caesar, a period film would be great. Have him fight Megalon, as Seatopia treys to take over Okinawa. It makes scenes to do so, seeing that as the two keep getting pitted against one another in recent years.
There are these rocks off the coast of one of the less inhabited islands of Japan that some people think might be the ruins of a prehistoric megalithic civilization. I'd have to Google it to remember the name, but I would love to see it linked with Seatopia. Or the civilization that made Gamera, either one.
Are you thinking of the Yonaguni structure? I could see it working as a structure made by Seatopia's ancestors.

As for a Kiryu anime, that would have a lot of potential.
Last edited by edgaguirus on Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

edgaguirus wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
Are you thinking of the Yonaguni structure? I could see it working as a structure made by Seatopia's ancestors.

As for a Kiryu anime, that would have a lot of potential.
That'd be it, thanks.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

For me? King Ghidorah, Gigan, Anguirus, and Mechagodzilla, off the top of my head.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I really want a space opera with pulp elements having Ghidorah as its core.

Added in 1 minute 23 seconds:
Maybe having him to battle Orga at the end.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

Yeah...I left off like. Guess the insomnia I was suffering took it's toll ::shrugs:: Still humorous though :P
Dedicated To Darkness..

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I thought of some film titles :P
Spoiler:
Destoroyah: Rise of the Bastard Face
- King Ghidorah: Way of the Beam Spammer
- SpaceGodzilla: Pedophiles and Where to Find Them
- Giant Condor: Reality Killer
- Bagan: The 40 Year Old Idea
- The Folly of Gods: Gabara's Ultimate All-Out Strike Back, Return of the Lost Hopes
On a more serious note, I sadly only see Toho doing Mothra and King Ghidorah immediately after whatever film Godzilla gets. I hope to be wronged.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

I think a terrifying sci-fi/horror film could be made about Hedorah. I wrote a short story as a kid where a monster that was basically Hedorah formed in the sewers beneath New York and eventually bubbled out, took form and started killing everyone, growing larger and larger in the process. I think a really great, dark movie could be made where this happens and Hedorah is completely unstoppable because everything the military throws at it either fails totally or makes it stronger. I also like the idea of Hedorah being an experimental bio-weapon gone horribly wrong, rather than an alien lifeform mutated by pollution.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Jet Jaguar and Hedorah need another film between them.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ghidorah just so he can finally stand on his own two legs and see him smash up alien civilizations, and Mechagodzilla who i think could have a nice balance showing when technology goes to far and "What Measure is Non-Human."

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!