Worst Ideas For The Godzilla Franchise

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Worst Ideas For The Godzilla Franchise

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Thought we could use another comic-relief thread, this time the name of the game is to come up with the worst and clingiest ideas for the Godzilla franchise as a whole. This goes for movies, crossovers, games, comics, casting, etc.

So without further ado, let’s get this thread going.

Give Godzilla 1998 its long awaited follow up sequel.

Putting Bagan in the MonsterVerse

Making a Shin Gojira sequel

Making a Godzilla/Pacific Rim crossover film

Having Batman appear in the MonsterVerse

Godzilla/Superhero (DC or MCU) crossover movie
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed May 09, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: Worst Ideas For The Godzilla Franchise

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Godzilla × Krystallak × Obsidion: a Columbia Tristar production of a McG film
Starring: Kat Dennings, Aaron Taylor Johnston, Adam Sandler and Ty Simpkins
Featuring Pauly Shore as Prof. Yamane
With Jared Leto and Johnny Depp as the Shobojin
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

My fan-fic being turned into a film. No way Toho would allow human trafficking to be the theme of a Godzilla film. Nuff said.

Shamelessly selling out.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Tue May 08, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

When I was a kid I thought shrinking down Godzilla to human size was a cool idea, but looking back on it now...
Last edited by KillCrites on Tue May 08, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KillCrites wrote:When I was a kid I thought shrinking down Godzilla to human size was a cool idea, but looking back on it now...
I knew a comic did this, I think it was Darkhorse comics?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Living Corpse wrote:My fan-fic being turned into a film. No way Toho would allow human trafficking to be the theme of a Godzilla film. Nuff said.

Shamelessly selling out.
They had bioweapons trafficking. Close enough :P Don't count yourself out.
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Thought we could use another comic-relief thread, this time the name of the game is to come up with the worst and clingiest ideas for the Godzilla franchise as a whole. This goes for movies, crossovers, games, comics, casting, etc.

So without further ado, let’s get this thread going.
AH YEAH! This seems like a fun thread!
PitchBlackProgress wrote: Putting Bagan in the MonsterVerse

I will slap 64 warnings on you and the reason will be, "Wrong think". This forum is a dictatorship.

A'ight enough memes.

>Making Godzilla films more geared towards children, ala "Godzilla's Revenge". It's a wierd line for me. Books can easily work and net profit, a TV show might work wonders as well. An entire onscreen film with a budget of like 10m yen? Eeeeh, noooo. Kinda taking a massive gamble. Then again, Shin was a gamble as well and they went all in on the chips. I just really don't see the films being all too successful going back down that route.

>Making another "Like the movies game". For the longest time, fans always wanted a game like this. They got it in Godzilla VS. Didn't go that well.

>As the OP mentioned;
Having Batman appear in the MonsterVerse

Godzilla/Superhero (DC or MCU) crossover movie
These.

Added in 50 seconds:
Living Corpse wrote:
KillCrites wrote:When I was a kid I thought shrinking down Godzilla to human size was a cool idea, but looking back on it now...
I believe your remembering right. I think an issue of Dark Horse was centered around this. Didn't the Hannah Barbera Godzilla shrink down to human size for a small while and continue to shrink further?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I remember as a kid I thought it'd be cool if a character got Godzilla atomic breath powers thanks to irresponsible use of Godzilla DNA, but he also grew Godzilla spikes along his back that poked through his leather jacket. So yeah a Godzilla man, I know now it'd be kind of corny, but this was the Heisei era after all.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:My fan-fic being turned into a film. No way Toho would allow human trafficking to be the theme of a Godzilla film. Nuff said.

Shamelessly selling out.
They had bioweapons trafficking. Close enough :P Don't count yourself out.
That and GMK was vague about the war crimes in the Pacific Godzilla and the ghosts were seeking to punish Japan (and the world) for but we all know they are saying the fucked up shit that happened in WW2 like Unit 731 without actually saying it. Obviously they kept it vague since the film is still aimed at everyone, including young children.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Micheal Bay directing a Godzilla film.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

The next Godzilla design is reminiscent of the new live action films Ninja Turtles.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

The government create super soldiers by infusing soldiers with G-cells. Now 8 foot scaly Hulk/Abomination looking guys are shooting atomic breath and blowing up the city!

They get cocky and try to fight Godzilla, but he kills them all pretty easy.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

A video game written by David Cage.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

A film depicting Godzilla farting and/or pooping on screen.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Living Corpse wrote:
Marvel, at least (he fought The Thing, from Fantastic Four). Not sure if Dark Horse did, too.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

A film that finally answers the question of where Godzilla’s junk is.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Just look at the Godzilla 2 and Kong vs. Godzilla Speculation threads; you'll see PLENTY of godawful ideas.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

HedorahGrabber
GPN Volunteer

Post by HedorahGrabber »

A film about some dude's OC beating the living hell out of all classic TOHO monsters.
Sir, you're interfering with my deep lore discussion.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

A Godzilla vs. King Kong film where both of them have been billed as heroes and defenders and one of them definitively loses to the other.

Oh yeah, I went there.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

Living Corpse wrote:That and GMK was vague about the war crimes in the Pacific Godzilla and the ghosts were seeking to punish Japan (and the world) for but we all know they are saying the skreeonked up poop that happened in WW2 like Unit 731 without actually saying it. Obviously they kept it vague since the film is still aimed at everyone, including young children.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the things Kaneko and Toho vehemently disagreed over. Toho, at that time especially, staunchly believed Godzilla's primary audience should be children and didn't want anything to threaten that. Obviously the war crimes are an extremely sensitive subject in Japan and Kaneko probably had some tight restrictions placed on him about how far he could go with it. While GMK is still one of the best Godzilla films, the entire affair screams compromise and Kaneko admitted he wasn't entirely satisfied from the get go if I'm not mistaken.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

A romantic comedy.