Mandela Effect in Godzilla

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Re: Mandela Effect in Godzilla

Post by BigGrayGecko »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:The Gamera movie you’re talking about is from Gamera The Brave, there’s no Godzilla movie like the one you described though.
Should watch that Gamera movie. About Godzilla, yep my crooked childish imagination made most of it up, except the tank melting scene (definetely saw it in one of the Showa movies, my bets are on Mothra vs Godzilla for already mentioned reasons)

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

‘‘Twas that movie, although the same scene pops up in later entrees as stock footage
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I can't recall anything specific but I def know as a kid there was a scene in GVTSM that I swore was in it but wasn't even after seeing it multiple times. I think it happened with some other godzilla films, but like I said, can't remember anything specific

Mr. Introspection
Ronin

Post by Mr. Introspection »

I remember vividly that the original Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla had multiple different titles including "Godzilla vs the Bionic Monster", "Godzilla vs the Seismic Monster", and "Godzilla vs the Cosmic Monster". I later found out that they were all real except the Seismic Monster.

Also my dad always referred to Godzilla vs Biollante as "Godzilla vs the Plant" but that I knew for a fact was never a title.
Last edited by Mr. Introspection on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Mr. Introspection wrote:
"Godzilla vs the Plant"

This needs to be a meme. Somebody get on that. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

JAGzilla wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:
"Godzilla vs the Plant"

I knew a kid who had seen Godzilla vs Biollante but couldn't pronounce Biollante so he kept calling it "Godzilla vs Blendy"
I didn't know it existed at the time so I thought he was making it up
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

G2000 wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:
"Godzilla vs the Plant"

I knew a kid who had seen Godzilla vs Biollante but couldn't pronounce Biollante so he kept calling it "Godzilla vs Blendy"
My sister recently saw my Godzilla vs. Biollante DVD and, for a second, thought it said Godzilla: Billionaire.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I remembered Mothra being traditional moth colors in Mothra vs Godzilla for the longest time as a kid!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Dr. Professor wrote:
G2000 wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:

My sister recently saw my Godzilla vs. Biollante DVD and, for a second, thought it said Godzilla: Billionaire.
Well, if Godzilla's investments have gone well, they've probably made him quite a bit of money.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

edgaguirus wrote: Well, if Godzilla's investments have gone well, they've probably made him quite a bit of money.
Godzilla’s been investing in Japanese construction companies, so every time he destroys Tokyo he profits
It’s a racket
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I remembered Godzilla vs Mothra as being good.

RIP Evan.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I remembered Godzilla vs Mothra as being good.
Heisei?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Heisei?
Of course.

RIP Evan.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Heisei?
Of course.
Yeah, you definitely must have been in an alternate universe.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

^Evidently.

I know as a kid, I remembered King Caesar being a lot more “formidable” as a kid. Guess it was how the movie built him up from the beginning.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I managed to take all of my favorite setpieces from vs Biollante and aportion them out to the other Heisei movies. So, for instance, the oil rig scene with Miki, I thought was in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah- and when it didn't show up there, maybe vs Mothra... and so on and so forth, until I'd re-watched everything available in the TriStar double packs and discovered that absolutely none of the scenes I remembered where there. I was starting to think that I had made them all up until I rewatched vs Biollante a few years later and found them all in a single place.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I recall watching Godzilla 2000 on vhs and clearly remember hearing the cast say Organizer G1 instead of Regenrator G1. Not sure if it was an earlier dub of the film or not
Last edited by TyrantGojira on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

TyrantGojira wrote:I recall watching Godzilla 2000 on vhs and clearly remember hearing the cast say Organizer G1 instead of Regenrator G1. Not sure if it was an earlier dub of the film or not
The Toho-commissioned export dub, which uses "Organizer G1," is not available. Were you watching it in Japanese? I'm not sure how other foreign language versions handle it. Another possibility is you were watching the DVD with the audio commentary in which Mike Schlesinger mentions Organizer G1 and the decision to change the name in the TriStar version.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Terasawa wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:I recall watching Godzilla 2000 on vhs and clearly remember hearing the cast say Organizer G1 instead of Regenrator G1. Not sure if it was an earlier dub of the film or not
The Toho-commissioned export dub, which uses "Organizer G1," is not available. Were you watching it in Japanese? I'm not sure how other foreign language versions handle it. Another possibility is you were watching the DVD with the audio commentary in which Mike Schlesinger mentions Organizer G1 and the decision to change the name in the TriStar version.
Bingo^ I was just about to say, Organizer G-1 was a Japanese thing
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I remember Anguirus being awesome & kicking butt...
only for him to get smacked around in basically every
appearance he's ever made.

I think I have a HUGE blind spot when it comes to Angurius...
like I think he's way more awesome & popular than he truly is.

:?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!