Godzilla: full series run through

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: Godzilla: full series run through

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:Gojira is top 5 of the franchise for me. It's arguably the best or second best of the entire series. Incredible piece of filmmaking.
Another fellow heretic. Join us, brother, and together we shall overthrow this stuffy fandom.

You know what else, everybody? I think that Godzilla ‘98... was BAD! :twisted:

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Gojira is top 5 of the franchise for me. It's arguably the best or second best of the entire series. Incredible piece of filmmaking.
Another fellow heretic. Join us, brother, and together we shall overthrow this stuffy fandom.

But it revolutionized the kaiju genre! Without it this website, TriStar Kingdom, wouldn't even exist!
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dr. Professor wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

But it revolutionized the kaiju genre! Without it this website, TriStar Kingdom, wouldn't even exist!
That may be true, but I’m standing by my guns. And guess what, I’ll take it even further. Shusuke Kaneko... directed good kaiju films. Woah-ho! I can’t be stopped!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

You're playing with fire, man. It's a good running gag now, but sooner or later you're going to say something that you think is also blindingly obvious, and it's going to start a five-page debate that ends in flaming and vitriolic rage-rants about whether Zone Fighter is canonical or not, or a factionalize shouting match over whether the Monsterverse should have Shobijin, or something, and it'll all end in tears... ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:You're playing with fire, man. It's a good running gag now, but sooner or later you're going to say something that you think is also blindingly obvious, and it's going to start a five-page debate that ends in flaming and vitriolic rage-rants about whether Zone Fighter is canonical or not, or a factionalize shouting match over whether the Monsterverse should have Shobijin, or something, and it'll all end in tears... ;)
What? On TriStar Kingdom? Never ;)

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Zarm wrote:You're playing with fire, man. It's a good running gag now, but sooner or later you're going to say something that you think is also blindingly obvious, and it's going to start a five-page debate that ends in flaming and vitriolic rage-rants about whether Zone Fighter is canonical or not, or a factionalize shouting match over whether the Monsterverse should have Shobijin, or something, and it'll all end in tears... ;)
TriStar Kingdom is filled with folks who only respect one another's opinion. You're out of your mind if you think any of us would argue over such things.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

I really like Gojira and can appreciate it for the cinematic masterpiece that it is and its general importance to culture, but I would be lying if I said I prefer watching it over KotM.

I grew up with Godzilla, King of the Monsters! with Raymond Burr and I'll always choose to watch that one over Gojira.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dr. Professor wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
TriStar Kingdom is filled with folks who only respect one another's opinion. You're out of your mind if you think any of us would argue over such things.
Now that, genuinely, is a debatable opinion... let’s fight about it until it gets unnecessarily personal!

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Post by Dr.Cgad »

honestly when it comes to watching Godzilla vs megalon, i just go for the mst3k version.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Post by Dr.Cgad »

Tristar gave us the short circuit films, and then they shat out the 1998 film.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Yes. I did two films a week, so I had time between movies. Started with Gojira, and ended with G2014.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Genjira Overwatch
Samurai

Post by Genjira Overwatch »

Just recently rewatched G2K and forgot how much I loved it! First Godzilla film I ever saw!!
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Been moving pretty slow, just finished Destroy all Monsters... which means now the REAL fun begins. :twisted:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I've done it. I did two films a week so I had some space between films.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

I wonder how long all the movies put together is in hours.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Dr.Cgad wrote:Tristar gave us the short circuit films, and then they shat out the 1998 film.
......what?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.