The Return of Mothra Leo

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Dr. Professor
Futurian

The Return of Mothra Leo

Post by Dr. Professor »

I often think about the Rebirth of Mothra films. They were... well, they were definitely movies. They weren't anything spectacular by any means, but they had some cool ideas. One thing in particular I've always liked is Mothra Leo. Sure he was a little overpowered, but I've always had an appreciation for him. I'd really like to see him to return some day, especially alongside Godzilla. Or imagine twin larvae, one transforming into Mothra and the other into Mothra Leo. How cool would that be? Would anybody else here also like to see him return, or am I the only one?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Return of Mothra Leo

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Oh definitely! Mothra Leo deserves a return in some capacity.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Agreed. And I really want to see twin larvae go imago- so the idea of brother and sister, traditional Mothra and Mothra Leo, would be a great way to pull that off!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I'd be all for it, preferably in movies that are less kid-centric.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

GigaBowserG wrote:I'd be all for it, preferably in movies that are less kid-centric.
Yeah that was the main issue I had with the movies since they were aimed for kids 10 and up. Had they not of been I feel they could've been better. I really only watch them for the main villain monsters especially Desghidorah and Dagahra who to me are the highlights of the films.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I’d be all for Leo making a comeback, whether in his own thing or with Godzilla.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:I'd be all for it, preferably in movies that are less kid-centric.
Yeah that was the main issue I had with the movies since they were aimed for kids 10 and up. Had they not of been I feel they could've been better.
Due to the constant screaming children, the dub of Rebirth of Mothra 2 is one of the most horrific things to ever fall upon my ears. Which sucks because I think Aqua Mothra is cool as fuck.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

That camouflage the Leo Larval does and the GFW Kamacuras does? Yeah let's actually have invisibility used better the next time it's put in a kaiju film.

Short answer: Maybe.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'll have to disagree. Mothra Leo was a fitting character for the ROM films, but I don't think he should return. Mothra Leo feels like a stand alone character to me, and I wouldn't want to see him costarring with Godzilla or some other big name.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I kind of just think of Leo as an extension of Mothra rather than his own distinct character, but sure, why not? Any male Mothra that hatches might as well be named Leo as a cool nod to the fans.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I wouldn't mind seeing Mothra Leo come back, but he'd have to be altered slightly. Like, have it look like him (Rebirth 2's Rainbow being my favorite incarnation), but just call him (or her) "Mothra" and not "Leo-Rainbow-Armor-Super" Mothra. And they'd probably have to de-power him a little, too, so that way he doesn't just solve the entire movie with roughly 6,000 laser beams. Maybe make him more along the lines of Mothra '92 - wing scales, antennae beams, and some type of "ultimate Seal of Mothra" attack.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Dr. Professor wrote:I often think about the Rebirth of Mothra films. They were... well, they were definitely movies.
I hope that this quote gets put on the DvD covers :D