Godzilla vs Godzilla? An interesting idea.

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Genjira Overwatch
Samurai

Godzilla vs Godzilla? An interesting idea.

Post by Genjira Overwatch »

As a fan, I think it's safe to say I'm not the only one who wanted to see a Godzilla vs Godzilla fight. And NO, I'm not talking about the Tunahead massacre of 2004. I'm talking about 2 Godzillas of the same calibur going head to head in a winner takes all fight.

My idea for the plot is that there is an old, arrogant Godzilla who's been holding onto his Alpha status for too long. He defies the natural order of his species without reason, as he has become a corrupt shell of the righteous beast he once was. However, a new Godzilla has just entered sub-adulthood. He's cocky, strong, and out for blood. And what better way to make a statement than put this cranky old man into his place? It's a battle between the sly, wicked king and the underground fighter with a vicious winning streak.The prize: being titled King of the Monsters. :g2k:
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Godzilla? An interesting idea.

Post by Ivo-goji »

Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Genjira Overwatch
Samurai

Post by Genjira Overwatch »

Ivo-goji wrote:You mean like this?
No, not like that. It's not gonna involve Ghost Godzilla, it's gonna involve 2 living kaiju fighting on their own terms.
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

imo, the idea of a "veteran Godzilla vs. young Godzilla" seems really uninteresting. It's been done many times before in other properties, and doesn't sound like it'd be all too exciting, even if it were a match between two Godzillas.

If we're not including ghosts, one of the more unique takes of this concept came in the form of Hideki Oka's "Godzilla vs. Super-Nuked Godzilla" - wherein the Heisei Godzilla fights a completely new, extremely mutated Godzillasaurus that had been subjected to numerous atomic bombs. While Heisei G is a fairly bulky specimen, the Super-Nuked Godzilla would have had a much larger form and slabs of skin that almost look like its melting from so much testing. It almost would've been a reverse of your idea, where Heisei Godzilla is the more veteran combat monster while still retaining some youth, but the Super-Nuked Godzilla would have been the new yet more powerful threat.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

When I was younger I had this idea for a Godzilla reboot with one Godzilla being natural and healthy looking, and the other being a monstrosity from the atomic bomb. It seems I wasn’t alone.

Nairbzilla
Samurai

Post by Nairbzilla »

LockBite wrote:When I was younger I had this idea for a Godzilla reboot with one Godzilla being natural and healthy looking, and the other being a monstrosity from the atomic bomb. It seems I wasn’t alone.
That's the best idea I've heard for this yet. It reminds me of Legendary vs. Shin.
"A fandom divided against itself cannot stand."

~Abraham Lincoln, if he was a Godzilla fan

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Nairbzilla wrote:
LockBite wrote:When I was younger I had this idea for a Godzilla reboot with one Godzilla being natural and healthy looking, and the other being a monstrosity from the atomic bomb. It seems I wasn’t alone.
That's the best idea I've heard for this yet. It reminds me of Legendary vs. Shin.
The disfigured one would’ve been vengeful and out to destroy as much as it could. The normal one would effectively be the hero, trying to stop it. I had a climax set up where they were lured into the Grand Canyon for the use of the oxygen destroyer.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Well, we did get a Godzilla Vs. Godzilla fight in the Bandai Namco PS3 Game

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

I'm going to say it again: I want this in Legendary's Godzilla 3 should there be one
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I think the appeal of such a fight would be that the radioactive Godzilla has weaker physical strength because of the bomb, but devastating nuclear breath as a trade off.