Would you Like to See Kaiju From Godzilla The Series Appear Again?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Would you like to see kaiju from Godzilla The Series appear again?

Yes
33%
No
30%
Depends on which ones
37%

Total votes: 27

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Would you Like to See Kaiju From Godzilla The Series Appear Again?

Post by Godzillian »

Would you guys like to see kaiju from Godzilla the Series appear again? Perhaps in comics, video games, or even a film. Which ones would you like to see? Discuss!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Would you Like to See Kaiju From Godzilla The Series Appear Again?

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Not in films. Perhaps as cannon fodder in video games.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Hell Yes for me!! :) I find many of the GTS monsters to be quite charming some even more so than Toho creations. I wouldn't be opposed if some were to make an appearance in comics, video games or films. Although, if some were to return in films I believe that said films would be animated instead of live action.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Yes, absolutely! This franchise has a shitload of underused monsters.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Nah, at least not any of the "Giant Mutated *Blank*" ones. Some of the more recognizable and unique guys like Crustaceous Rex, the Crackler, Skeetera, Komodithrax, and El Gusano would be neat to see again.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

UltramanGoji wrote:Nah, at least not any of the "Giant Mutated *Blank*" ones. Some of the more recognizable and unique guys like Crustaceous Rex, the Crackler, Skeetera, Komodithrax, and El Gusano would be neat to see again.
I agree, as much as I love the show, not every kaiju was memorable. C-rex in a Toho film? Yes please! The giant rat mutants? No thanks.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Definitely, there were some cool ideas in there. Admittedly, there were plenty of "oh no, giant mutated bug of the week" things too, but hey. It had alot of episodes to get through lol

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Some of those kaiju were creative and interesting. There are a few I think would do well in film or comics.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

A huge fan of the Crackles, I would love to at least see him again. Or maybe Quetzalcoatl.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Godzillian wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Nah, at least not any of the "Giant Mutated *Blank*" ones. Some of the more recognizable and unique guys like Crustaceous Rex, the Crackler, Skeetera, Komodithrax, and El Gusano would be neat to see again.
I agree, as much as I love the show, not every kaiju was memorable. C-rex in a Toho film? Yes please! The giant rat mutants? No thanks.
Giant mutant rats I could see in a Godzilla film. The subject matter of humongous rodents seems to be popular in fiction ,from Stephen King's Graveyard Shift, to the dachshunds in rat costumes in the effective DEADLY EYES.

Two other favorites from GODZILLA:The Series were the Cyber-Flies(http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Cyber_Fl ... er_Fly.jpg), basically semi-automanus drones that gave the G-Man some trouble in the episode they were deployed in. Also the Lizard-Slayers(http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Lizard_Slayers), three mecha, with a rather cool utilitarian appearances. Like walking, or even flying tanks.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Toho won't even let Zilla use his atomic breath from the series in comics and games so I don't think any of the monsters made for the show will appear again. Then again Monster Planet had some random names pop up at the start, but at least those were from Toho films.