What Will You Do for Godzilla's 68th Birthday?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
UltramanGoji

Re: What Will You Do for Godzilla's 63rd Birthday?

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:And Frankenstein.
You mean Frankenstein's monster. ;)

Frankenstein would be the monsters creator.
Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein vs. Baragon and Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein shatter this argument into a million pieces.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:And Frankenstein.
You mean Frankenstein's monster. ;)

Frankenstein would be the monsters creator.
Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein vs. Baragon and Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein shatter this argument into a million pieces.
I think the easiest way to reconcile the two is to say that the monster is arguably Dr. Frankenstein’s son, so it’s name is also Frankenstein.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

UltramanGoji wrote:Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein vs. Baragon and Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein shatter this argument into a million pieces.
Touche.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: We could've gotten something close to that back then as Godzilla vs. Frankenstein('s monster) was going to be a thing before dropping it in favor for King Kong vs. Godzilla. Where do you think the electrical powers came from? Basically 1962 King Kong was just Frankenstein('s monster) in a gorilla suit.
Cybermat47 wrote: I don’t want to see the monster, though - I want to see a kaiju version of Doctor Victor Frankenstein :lol:
But yeah, the backstory about KKvG originally being GvFM (though I’ve also heard that it was meant to be KKvFM, with KK switching places with FM who was replaced by Godzilla) is really interesting.
Actually, the Frankenstein vs. Godzilla concept was thought up after King Kong vs. Godzilla, but was rewritten into Mothra vs. Godzilla and Frankenstein vs. Baragon.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SonOfGorgo wrote:Actually, the Frankenstein vs. Godzilla concept was thought up after King Kong vs. Godzilla, but was rewritten into Mothra vs. Godzilla and Frankenstein vs. Baragon.
Huh...The more you know then... :lol:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: We could've gotten something close to that back then as Godzilla vs. Frankenstein('s monster) was going to be a thing before dropping it in favor for King Kong vs. Godzilla. Where do you think the electrical powers came from? Basically 1962 King Kong was just Frankenstein('s monster) in a gorilla suit.
Cybermat47 wrote: I don’t want to see the monster, though - I want to see a kaiju version of Doctor Victor Frankenstein :lol:
But yeah, the backstory about KKvG originally being GvFM (though I’ve also heard that it was meant to be KKvFM, with KK switching places with FM who was replaced by Godzilla) is really interesting.
Actually, the Frankenstein vs. Godzilla concept was thought up after King Kong vs. Godzilla, but was rewritten into Mothra vs. Godzilla and Frankenstein vs. Baragon.
Well, the very first concept was King Kong vs. Frankenstein, which evolved into KKvsG when Toho got involved.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

eabaker wrote:Well, the very first concept was King Kong vs. Frankenstein, which evolved into KKvsG when Toho got involved.
Yeah, that too.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Little late but.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What Will You Do for Godzilla's 64th Birthday?

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

It's that wonderful time of the again!!!!!!! Tomorrow will be Godziller's 64th birthday!!!!

This time it's really special since a new Godzilla film will be shown on November 3rd at a special festival, The Planet Eater . I know it's actually released on the 9th, but it's close enough.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Well, I'm doing a Godzilla film a day, so I guess that includes his B Day. Ironically, tomorrow is one of my least favorite films, Godzilla vs Gigan.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Might try and watch some Godzilla tonight. I’ve got a giant assignment due Monday so unfortunately I think tomorrow will be booked up with schoolwork.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Jenn and I are definitely watching the original tomorrow. She's out of town part of next week, so I'm planning to have various friends over in the evenings to watch various kaiju flicks. Definitely going to finally get around to showing one friend Shin on Wednesday.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Definitely going to try and watch the original, though some discussion in the unpopular opinion thread has got me considering finally watching King Of The Monsters (1956, not 2019)

RIP Evan.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Definitely going to try and watch the original, though some discussion in the unpopular opinion thread has got me considering finally watching King Of The Monsters (1956, not 2019)
If you've never seen it, it's at least worth watching for historical interest. I enjoy the hell out of it, but of course it's the version from my childhood; friends who have seen it after having seen the Japanese cut first always find it off-putting.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I've honestly watched the original so many times now that I think I could go a good year or two without seeing it again.

I think I'll just watch Shin and maybe Monster Zero.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Nothing.

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

I´ll probably watch Shin with my family, my dad really wants to see it after all the good stuff he readed about the film a year ago, so I thought it would be a nice way to celebatre Godzilla´s 64th birthday by watching it and he agreed with me.
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Starting from the day of the anniversary, I'm going on a Godzilla marathon with every movie.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Probably not much, unfortunately. I still like to treat these movies as events to be watched with proper buildup of anticipation, and I don't have that at all. Gotta be in the right mindset, you know? Happy slightly early birthday to the King, anyway.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Nothing
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.