Godzilla Marathons on TV

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Godzilla Marathons on TV

Post by SG-17 »

Don't know if this belongs here or in the Toho Media section, but I was going through my VHS tapes recently and I found a bunch that my parents and grandparents recorded for me in the late '90s with a bunch of (mostly) Showa films that were aired on TV in what I assume were in anticipation of the 1998 film. It turns out my VCR is busted so I can't check out the tapes right now directly.

I remember three distinct marathons. One on the WB called just a 'Godzilla Marathon', one on an unknown channel hosted by Peter Boyle for some reason (Stompfest '98 I think), and one on the Sci-Fi Channel as part of something called 'Midnight (Moonlight?) Matinee'.

Does anyone else have more info on these? Maybe some advertisements from the era or press releases?
Last edited by SG-17 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Re: Godzilla Marathons on TV

Post by TheSecondComing »

All three sound awesome and even though I was around then myself, they all sound new to me. How cool!
What could I offer for those videos? :lol:

Some of the things buried in my collection are at least a portion of Scifi's Monsters of the Rising Sun which I believe was hosted by Patrick Macnee, and others that currently escape my recall.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Marathons on TV

Post by edgaguirus »

I remember the Peter Boyle one. I believe it was the Syfy channel, when it was still sci fi, and was the first time I saw G vs Hedorah. The other two I can't help you with.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.