Rest in Peace, Haruo Nakajima

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Rest in Peace, Haruo Nakajima

Post by GigaBowserG »

It is with overwhelming sadness we report that Haruo Nakajima has passed away on August 7, 2017 at the age of 88. More than anything else, he loved to meet and spend time with his fans, and we are very fortunate to have so many wonderful memories of those times when he visited with all of us. Our deepest condolences to his dear daughter, Sonoe Nakajima.
https://www.facebook.com/CelebrityICONS ... =3&theater
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Rest in Peace, Haruo Nakajima

Post by Breakdown »

I'm absolutely speechless...RIP Mr Nakajima, your work brought happiness to thousands of fans and children worldwide. I'm still in shock about this...damn.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

RIP you brought happiness to all the fans

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

I don't know what else to say other than im really fucking sad
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

No!!!!!!!!! :(

RIP Mr. Nakajima, you were a great person and the greatest Godzilla. The Showa Era really is leaving us........

Lets all pick Showa Godzilla design from '54 to '72 to honor him as our profile pic.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Nakajima memorial thread

Post by Godzillian »

Sadly Mr. Nakajima has passed away today. This thread is for people to discuss his life, career, and fan interaction.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Rest in peace, sir. You were a brave Seaman at such a young age, and you will live on as one of the best actors to ever grace the screen.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nakajima memorial thread

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

He is the King of the Monsters. I wish I would have gotten a chance to meet him.

I hope Toho will properly honor Nakajima.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ToxicLove
Interpol Agent

Re: Nakajima memorial thread

Post by ToxicLove »

I consider myself beyond blessed to have met this incredible individual. Thank you Nakajima-san, for the impact you've had in my life.

VamprisArachne
Monsterland Worker

Post by VamprisArachne »

This is sad news, but he lived a good life and got to see just how much his career as Godzilla impacted fans of all ages.

He brought a talent and energy to Godzilla I feel no one else has managed.

People talk about the big 4 (Honda, Tanaka, Tsuburaya and Ifukube) but I feel it was more of a big 5 since Nakajima was Godzilla himself.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's partly because he was the last of that big five that his passing has this particular sense of impactful finality to it, for me. An era has ended.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Xagzan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Xagzan »

Sad news. Glad I got to meet him at Comic con once. Got the picture and autograph, told him what an honor it was to meet him, although it occurs to me I don't actually know if he spoke English lol. I can still feel his light grip in my hand when I think about it.

What a legend, such amazing work he did and endured in that suit.

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

Came here to pay my respects to an absolute legend.

RIP Mr Nakajima.
Member of TK Since 2006

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

RIP. I'm absolutely speechless. :(
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

RIP to an absolute legend and last of the Big Five that brought Godzilla to life (Tsuburaya, Honda, Tanaka, Ifukube, and Nakajima).

Not only did you give life to the King of the Monsters, you also brought Gaira, Varan, Rodan, Gomess, and many others to life on both the big and small screen. Your accomplishments and hardships will not go unnoticed.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

A childhood hero....RIP kind sir! :( :(
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

Had the absolute privilege of meeting Nakajima-san in Pasadena last year. I got to tell him "domo arigato" for all of his hard work and he signed a VHS of Gigan for me as well. I will never forget his friendly nature and light grip. RIP to a true personal hero of mine.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I don't even know what to say... this is so sad. May he Rest In Peace, we'll always remember him.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Dropping in and paying my respects as well.

I don't know what to say that hasn't been already. You will be missed, rest in piece, Mr. Nakajima.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

This is devastating. To me he was a national icon which people don't even realize how big of a hero he was.
I enjoyed his work not just as Godzilla, but everything especially in War of the Gargantuas. He was a true giant among giant monsters in or out of the suit.

I sincerely hope that King of the Monsters is dedicated to his memory.
Last edited by Mr. Yellow on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda