Unused Creations Most Likely to Appear

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Unused Creations Most Likely to Appear

Post by godzillafan1954 »

What unused creation do you think is most likely to show up in future Godzilla movies?
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Unused Creations Most Likely to Appear

Post by Ivo-goji »

None of them.

I'm not aware of any instance of scrapped monsters or such being revived for later projects. Bagan being recycled across several planned films before being introduced in a video game is as close as it gets, and I doubt anything like that will happen again.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Ivo-goji wrote:None of them.

I'm not aware of any instance of scrapped monsters or such being revived for later projects. Bagan being recycled across several planned films before being introduced in a video game is as close as it gets, and I doubt anything like that will happen again.
He'd probably be likely (or more likely) to show up if Tomoyuki Tanaka were still alive :( Despite that, Bagan may still be the likeliest of the bunch, but that's not saying very much. I have a feeling the concept of Ghost Godzilla MIGHT have a shot of resurfacing as well, but it'd be very different from the one we've heard about. There's really not a lot of monsters that could qualify here; it's fun to entertain the idea if the movies they were intended to appear happened, but it's difficult to discuss how they'd work in future projects.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Ivo-goji wrote:None of them.

Megalon was intended for Godzilla vs. the Space Monsters/The Return of King Ghidorah.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I guess that does count.

Still seems farfetched for other kaiju though.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Definitely Bagan for sure.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

None.

There'll be a hundred thousand brand new monster designs before Toho will ever consider using scrapped concepts.

But if there has to be one, I'd say Deathla more than Bagan.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Toho has a strange tendency to reuse old concepts for games more than movies. Alien Miko from 1972's unmade Godzilla vs. the Space Monsters spent a whopping 21 years in cutting room hell until he became the primary alien antagonist of SNES Super Godzilla.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yeah if we ever get unused creations they'll be named differently and probably only take inspiration from. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a giant stone warrior because quite honestly that's pretty original.

As for Hitodorah? Nah. I think I could see Midora could come back, because that was recent.

For those who don't know, Banno said shortly before he died they were in the starting stages of discussing a movie of Hedorah vs a green giant that cleaned the air called Midora. It coulda been an off the cuffs remark, and most likely It was scrapped due to his death and Shin G but it's recent so it still might come in. For all we know Midora could appear in the anime films.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Probably none, unfortunately. :(

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I find it unlikely that an unused kaiju will appear in a major role. We might see one in a small role, like Kamoeba in TSoS. The problem is that Toho likes to make money, and new kaiju don't tend to make as much as popular monsters.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Wasn't Battra pretty much Giga Moth?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Living Corpse wrote:Wasn't Battra pretty much Giga Moth?
The two bugs share some physical similarities, and sort of have the same role by being antagonistic Mothras, but Battra's much more fleshed out thanks to inheriting a watered-down version of movie Bagan's destructive personality. Gigamoth is just kind of bland in comparison, acting more like a rogue, animalistic version of Mothra with not much character to it... as far as I've read, anyway.
/crawls back under rock

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

My money's on Mogu.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

The dead Mosasaur from Tokyo SOS
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Yeah if we ever get unused creations they'll be named differently and probably only take inspiration from. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a giant stone warrior because quite honestly that's pretty original.
Actually, Daiei already did that with Daimajin.

(I haven't seen Daimajin, but apparently Akira Ifukube himself did the soundtrack, so I already know the music is going to be awesome).

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cybermat47 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Yeah if we ever get unused creations they'll be named differently and probably only take inspiration from. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a giant stone warrior because quite honestly that's pretty original.
Actually, Daiei already did that with Daimajin.

(I haven't seen Daimajin, but apparently Akira Ifukube himself did the soundtrack, so I already know the music is going to be awesome).
I think the daimajin character is a Japanese trope, so I don't think Daiei took the design from them. All three films are great, but they're also all pretty much the same film. My suggestion is to watch the first one.

I suppose upon reflection King Caesar brings the idea of a living statue into the series, but he's not exactly a warrior with a sword.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.