Kaiju Headcanon Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: Kaiju Headcanon Thread

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Godzilla 1955-1964 is different than Godzilla 1965-1999.
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Final Wars takes place in the future of the Showa universe, and their Godzilla is a fully grown Minya.

The Rebirth of Mothra trilogy takes place in an alternate version of the Heisei series, where Mothra's seal actually worked fully instead of just for one year. SpaceGodzilla didn't come to Earth because he ran into Grand King Ghidorah while in space. I haven't exactly thought of a reason for no Destoroyah.

Gamera beat the Gyaos swarm at the end of G3, but died. Wait, isn't that just... my headcanon is that Gamera: the Brave is a continuation of the Heisei trilogy, A.K.A. everyone else's headcanon.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

2014 film:
Joe Brody survives and teams up with Dr Serizawa, becoming the main focus of the film

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Sometimes it becomes easy to look at the first 9 Showa Godzilla films....which would be G54 through Destroy All Monsters...and how effectively(relatively speaking) they all seem to "fit" together as a continuing series. Beginning with solo outings, then moving two one-on-one crossovers, then multiple creatures per film, getting a "big bad" introduced in King Ghidorah, eventually moving to an entire island of monsters...then jumping to the future where technology keeps them all under control and they eventually ALL team up to bring King Ghidorah down for good. It is quite a little sequence.

Relative to that....the 1969-1975 films all feel sort of "off books" in comparison. Just when you think in terms of canon and continuity. Rampant stock footage of monster fights, which in the strict canon sense is saying that "these later appearances and battles play out EXACTLY like these earlier battles." which is just nonsense.

You have all of the trippy child imagination stuff and "super moves" running rampant on top of the stock footage. Plus you get a weird scenario where these films weren't really made as continuations from the future-set Destroy All Monsters, but don't really feel like they were made with the mindfulness of being designed as prequels either.

They could ALL be a series of Ichiro's imagined Godzilla adventures.

I just realized I'm pondering headcanon that turns 6 of the films into the headcanon of a child character. Headcanon-ception
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

That Godzilla 2002/03 is the son of Kiryu/G54. Mainly got this idea from a statement by the film's director and composer.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Gamera beat the Gyaos swarm at the end of G3, but died. Wait, isn't that just... my headcanon is that Gamera: the Brave is a continuation of the Heisei trilogy, A.K.A. everyone else's headcanon.
I just came to this thread to say the exact same thing! It just makes so much sense.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I don't think the timeline for Gamera The Brave actually allows that. Didn't the exposition indicate Gamera's last stand with the Gyaos happened in the 70s?
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Ivo-goji wrote:I don't think the timeline for Gamera The Brave actually allows that. Didn't the exposition indicate Gamera's last stand with the Gyaos happened in the 70s?
Yes, but other clues kind of seem to point to G3, as well; such as Gamera's design, the nature of the fight, etc.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

^But one could also make the argument that the tone of the film and the child-focused plot point towards it being a continuation of the Showa Gamera series, which would accord more smoothly with placing Gamera's last battle in the 70s.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Minya's mother was killed by the Kamacuras right before Godzilla found them attacking the egg.

Godzilla's atomic breath was white at first because that's when it was at its hottest.

Here's a more ridiculous one, but I love it because it combines the two things that are closest to my heart:
So Gareth Edwards stated that in Rogue One, at some point you can see cave paintings of the Mutos. So in my headcanon, Star Wars and the MonsterVerse take place in the same universe. I like to think that at one point, whoever made those cave paintings somehow traveled all the way to Earth, and since Star Wars takes place "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...", they got to Earth whenever Godzilla's species, the Mutos, etc. were dominant on the planet. And when they saw them, they immediately booked it the fuck out of there. Whenever they got back home they were all like "This is what I saw. Never ever go there."

Oh and since ET's species appeared in The Phantom Menace, they also exist in the same universe as the MonsterVerse.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Dr. Professor wrote:Here's a more ridiculous one, but I love it because it combines the two things that are closest to my heart:
So Gareth Edwards stated that in Rogue One, at some point you can see cave paintings of the Mutos. So in my headcanon, Star Wars and the MonsterVerse take place in the same universe. I like to think that at one point, whoever made those cave paintings somehow traveled all the way to Earth, and since Star Wars takes place "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...", they got to Earth whenever Godzilla's species, the Mutos, etc. were dominant on the planet. And when they saw them, they immediately booked it the skreeonk out of there. Whenever they got back home they were all like "This is what I saw. Never ever go there."
I like that a lot!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I was hoping somebody would!
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Junior became a Showa like Godzilla, the heroic, human-friendly hero type.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Spoiler:
The one on the bottom right is Shin's 1st form in my headcanon. It looks exactly like more aquatic Kamata-Kun.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

* The male and female MUTOs' species are highly derived, land-dwelling descendants of arthrodiran placoderm fishes.
* The Skullcrawlers are either basal, non-Serpentes members of the Ophidia clade (like Tetrapodophis) or basal, land-dwelling mosasaurs (like Aigialosaurus and Dallasaurus).
* King Kong is (with the exception of Peter Jackson's 2005 incarnation, which is implied to be either a descendant of and/or a relative of the Pongin Gigantopithecus) either an Australopithecine or a basal member of the genus Homo.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Gerdzerl wrote: * King Kong is either an Australopithecine or a basal member of the genus Homo.
Basically, Kong=giant human.

I like it.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I know I'm repeating myself...but to me, Godzilla 2000 really works well....maybe even BETTER as a loose sequel to Godzilla vs Biollante than it does as a pure 'sequel to the original' type of reboot. All of the other Millennium films, at one point or another, overtly state a connection to the original film or at least directly reference 1954 as G's first appearance. G2K just sort of starts in a world where Godzilla is around and has been around for an ambiguous amount of time.

So I like the idea of it working as a followup to SOMETHING we've previously seen....something more than just the original.

Occurs 10-11 years after the events of Biollante, so changes in Godzilla's size/appearance can be chalked up to mutation/alteration of G over time due to any number of reasons, any changes in the setting/world could have occurred at any point between films. The technology is "relatively" grounded, the world is one where giant monsters are not commonplace as they were in the earlier 90s films. It doesn't feel completely incongruous with the tone of the 84 and 89 films.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I think about Kong's evolutionary links to humans too, that explains why he's soooo atracted to blondes, and his bipedal tendencies.

And, I don't know if this it's actually canon, but I kept the idea that the WWII bombings killed the first Godzilla's family, adds so much drama to the character.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Chrispy_G wrote:I know I'm repeating myself...but to me, Godzilla 2000 really works well....maybe even BETTER as a loose sequel to Godzilla vs Biollante than it does as a pure 'sequel to the original' type of reboot. All of the other Millennium films, at one point or another, overtly state a connection to the original film or at least directly reference 1954 as G's first appearance. G2K just sort of starts in a world where Godzilla is around and has been around for an ambiguous amount of time.

So I like the idea of it working as a followup to SOMETHING we've previously seen....something more than just the original.

Occurs 10-11 years after the events of Biollante, so changes in Godzilla's size/appearance can be chalked up to mutation/alteration of G over time due to any number of reasons, any changes in the setting/world could have occurred at any point between films. The technology is "relatively" grounded, the world is one where giant monsters are not commonplace as they were in the earlier 90s films. It doesn't feel completely incongruous with the tone of the 84 and 89 films.
Godzilla 2000 could be the original timeline, without Futurian intervention. (No King Ghidorah, and the environment wasn't messed up his badly by his reign of terror, battle with Godzilla, and pollution of a giant cyborg carcass into the ocean. :) Thus Mothra and Battra stayed asleep, quite possibly the catalyst and environment for Destroyah's formation never occurred, and if the Mothra-origin theory for Spacegodzilla's origin were true, he wouldn't have showed up either. Withoutout future technology to reverse-engineer, there is no Mechagodzilla, and Rodan is either off raising Godzilla Jr in peace and isolation on that island, or the two of them are still incubating/hibernating in their eggs because the environmental cataclysms in Godzilla vs Mothra never occurred and uncovered their eggs, in a similar way that Mothra's egg was uncovered and shortly-after began to hatch.

Overall, it could work. Godzilla eventually recovers from the ANEB, kept up sporadic rampages, and the Godzilla Prediction Network was formed. And all for want of a horseshoe nail... ;) )
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

^Godzilla had nothing to do with Battra awakening in GvsM. Battra emerged in order to deflect an asteroid that would strike the Earth in 1999.

If Godzilla was still recovering from the ANB when Battra and Mothra appeared, he wouldn't have interfered with them. Without Godzilla to rally against, they might not have become allies. Most likely one would have killed the other, then flew off into space to deal with the asteroid. If neither of them survived, the planet would have been destroyed in the very year G2000 takes place.
Resized Image