Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
User avatar
goji89
Keizer
Posts: 9582
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby goji89 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:59 pm

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Zarm wrote:You know, the nationalism jokes kinda feel like they're getting out of hand this week...


Yeah I'm kinda feeling it too...

You restrain TK's resident USAsians, I'll restrain the resident Canadians. We'll force them to make up and build a united North American alliance!


(On topic)
There aren't many kaiju I dislike, unlike most people here. Even the Giant Condor or Minya.


Who's a USAsian?

And you know, I was thinking that myself these past few days. I cant really think of any kaiju I dislike or hate. Sure some are absurd or goofy looking but each has a certain charm to them. But, yeah I cant really think of one....wait, I do....no, no...well maybe, just think he's overrated....Hedorah.

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5449
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:03 pm

goji89 wrote:
And you know, I was thinking that myself these past few days. I cant really think of any kaiju I dislike or hate. Sure some are absurd or goofy looking but each has a certain charm to them. But, yeah I cant really think of one....wait, I do....no, no...well maybe, just think he's overrated....Hedorah.


I hate the '89 suit and Rose Biollante...
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Zarm » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:09 pm

What's wrong with Rose Biollante?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:


Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5449
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Zarm wrote:What's wrong with Rose Biollante?


Nothing at all, I just like to bother Goji89
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5234
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Maritonic wrote:I'm proud of you MechaBro.

Wait, for what :lol:

Grievous wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Vs Biollante

But vs. Biollante is one of the most creative & diverse entries in the entire franchise.

Its Top 10 Material for sure.

Wait, I don't remember saying anything about it besides answering his question. :eh:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5449
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Okay, I really thought this was crystal clear but evidently not.

I don't hate Godzilla vs. Biollante. I rip on it to break Goji89's balls. This stemmed from me expressing that I felt it was a tad overrated in the franchise, and he...well he reacted like Goji89 would.

It's midtier, maybe upper-mid tier, for me. I'll stop having fun now.
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10580
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby eabaker » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Maritonic wrote:I'll stop having fun now.


You make us very sad, Mr. Brent.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
goji89
Keizer
Posts: 9582
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby goji89 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:34 pm

Maritonic wrote: I hate the '89 suit and Rose Biollante...


Some people just like to watch the world burn, huh. You son of a beach. Do you know how hard it is to not have you in front of me right now....? I would skreeonk slap you back inside your mommas womb bro.

The '89 suit is thee most Iconic Godzilla forms there is. Its the originator for the Heisei series suits. It helped make it mainstream. A cinematic marvel with a wonderful music score and an underwater shot of him swimming for the first time in any movie. The effects rival... I will say G14. The shots of him fighting the marines and the supa X in the ocean are nothing short of breathe taking. When he fights the Rose Biollante is something that cant be replicated again with any other kaiju....its a one shot movie. The water suit the animitronic head and even how he hisses as he is pissed......My Eabaker I just......I HATE YOU!!!!
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Maritonic wrote:I rip on it to break Goji89's balls.

That sounds horribly painful. You sure you wanna do that to the guy? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, and Goji89 is my worst enemy.
Resized Image

User avatar
goji89
Keizer
Posts: 9582
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby goji89 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Dr. Professor wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I rip on it to break Goji89's balls.

That sounds horribly painful. You sure you wanna do that to the guy? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, and Goji89 is my worst enemy.


You are a Doctor, because you just like talking about my balls.

Oh, and dont think for one second I didnt see your dissing Godzilla V Biollante. I just knew from the start you were my arch nemesis. Cold hearted piece of work. I mean you think its overrated? Its boring or whatever.......ooohhh I just want to school you in the Hard Knock Life chapter II bro.

Evil is thy sur name.

User avatar
Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:43 pm

goji89 wrote:ooohhh I just want to school you in the Hard Knock Life chapter II bro.

Do it, buddy. I dare ya. I'll Ebirah, Horror of the Deep your ass. Meaning I'll challenge you to a very heated game of volleyball.
Resized Image

User avatar
goji89
Keizer
Posts: 9582
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby goji89 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:04 pm

Dr. Professor wrote: I'll Ebirah, Horror of the Deep your ass.


:shock: ....bra?

This took a turn to some weird.....shiit.

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5449
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:13 pm

goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: I hate the '89 suit and Rose Biollante...


Some people just like to watch the world burn, huh. You son of a beach. Do you know how hard it is to not have you in front of me right now....? I would skreeonk slap you back inside your mommas womb bro.

The '89 suit is thee most Iconic Godzilla forms there is. Its the originator for the Heisei series suits. It helped make it mainstream. A cinematic marvel with a wonderful music score and an underwater shot of him swimming for the first time in any movie. The effects rival... I will say G14. The shots of him fighting the marines and the supa X in the ocean are nothing short of breathe taking. When he fights the Rose Biollante is something that cant be replicated again with any other kaiju....its a one shot movie. The water suit the animitronic head and even how he hisses as he is pissed......My Eabaker I just......I HATE YOU!!!!


It's okay. It's an alright movie. I'm straight to the point now. No fun. No joking. All serious all the time.
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:19 pm

Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: I hate the '89 suit and Rose Biollante...


Some people just like to watch the world burn, huh. You son of a beach. Do you know how hard it is to not have you in front of me right now....? I would skreeonk slap you back inside your mommas womb bro.

The '89 suit is thee most Iconic Godzilla forms there is. Its the originator for the Heisei series suits. It helped make it mainstream. A cinematic marvel with a wonderful music score and an underwater shot of him swimming for the first time in any movie. The effects rival... I will say G14. The shots of him fighting the marines and the supa X in the ocean are nothing short of breathe taking. When he fights the Rose Biollante is something that cant be replicated again with any other kaiju....its a one shot movie. The water suit the animitronic head and even how he hisses as he is pissed......My Eabaker I just......I HATE YOU!!!!


It's okay. It's an alright movie. I'm straight to the point now. No fun. No joking. All serious all the time.

It's about time. I'm sick of all the fun that's been going on around here, on a Godzilla forum of all places. Did you know Godzilla was originally a metaphor for the atomic bomb? How dare you make jokes about something so serious.
Resized Image

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Futurian
Posts: 1555
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Image

This is a serious thread now.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2018

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:24 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Image

This is a serious thread now.

ALL threads are serious threads now. This is a Godzilla forum. Have some class, people.
Resized Image

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Zarm » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Dr. Professor wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Image

This is a serious thread now.

ALL threads are serious threads now. This is a Godzilla forum. Have some class, people.


If it is your intention to maintain these threads in solemnity, goji89 will truly be your greatest nemesis.

And you have just handed him the means to hutt you more deeply than ever.

Well done, you crazy Brit.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:


Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Grievous » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Maritonic wrote:I don't hate Godzilla vs. Biollante. I rip on it to break Goji89's balls.

HA!

Break Balls...
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Image

This is a serious thread now.

ALL threads are serious threads now. This is a Godzilla forum. Have some class, people.


If it is your intention to maintain these threads in solemnity, goji89 will truly be your greatest nemesis.

And you have just handed him the means to hutt you more deeply than ever.

Well done, you crazy Brit.

If you call me British one more time I'll make sure NO ONE ON THE INTERNET EVER MAKES A JOKE AGAIN!
Resized Image

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3390
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby KaijuCanuck » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Dr. Professor wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:ALL threads are serious threads now. This is a Godzilla forum. Have some class, people.


If it is your intention to maintain these threads in solemnity, goji89 will truly be your greatest nemesis.

And you have just handed him the means to hutt you more deeply than ever.

Well done, you crazy Brit.

If you call me British one more time I'll make sure NO ONE ON THE INTERNET EVER MAKES A JOKE AGAIN!


Zarm, this is a serious thread now, he’s not a brit - he likes hockey, and is clearly therefore Canadian.
Image


Return to “General Toho Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests