Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
NEWvicegriptyrano
Ronin

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by NEWvicegriptyrano »

Goji wrote:
NEWvicegriptyrano wrote: Godzilla 1998 isn't as bad as everyone seems to think.
Ohh, no, no, no..it most certainly is.
That's why it's "Unpopular Godzilla Opinions". Because I think the movie was alright.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ah yes, the 'critique people's unpopular opinions and tell them why they're wrong' thread. A popular companion to the 'explain why What Gets On Your Nerves is invalid' thread over in the General section. Always encourages sharing and empathy.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

goji89 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
goji89 wrote:
NANI?

*I highlighted everything wrong with your post*
nice dude :roll:
Dont you roll your eyes at me buddy.
And what are you gonna do about? Make more unfunny dad jokes?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzillian wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Godzillian wrote: nice dude :roll:
Im gonna tell you exactly what im gonna do about?

Not a damn thing because what is there to do about.

Added in 3 minutes 58 seconds:
Zarm wrote:Ah yes, the 'critique people's unpopular opinions and tell them why they're wrong' thread. A popular companion to the 'explain why What Gets On Your Nerves is invalid' thread over in the General section. Always encourages sharing and empathy.
Oh, calm down.

Making a lite joke hurts nobody, you know who makes it bigger than it should be? You guys that take things so damn personally.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

On the (slightly less aggressive) flipside, don’t be surprised when you post controversial opinions and people react to them as such.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

UltramanGoji wrote:On the (slightly less aggressive) flipside, don’t be surprised when you post controversial opinions and people react to them as such.
How is saying you like Monster X a lot a controversial opinion?
At this point someone saying they don't think G'98 is as bad as people make it out to be isn't even unpopular

Added in 45 seconds:
goji89 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Im gonna tell you exactly what im gonna do about?

Not a damn thing because what is there to do about.

Added in 3 minutes 58 seconds:
Zarm wrote:Ah yes, the 'critique people's unpopular opinions and tell them why they're wrong' thread. A popular companion to the 'explain why What Gets On Your Nerves is invalid' thread over in the General section. Always encourages sharing and empathy.
Oh, calm down.

Making a lite joke hurts nobody, you know who makes it bigger than it should be? You guys that take things so damn personally.
Where's the joke in telling someone everything in their opinion post is wrong?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Guys.

Guys.

Chill.

Unpopular Opinion: I prefer several Showa themes over their Heisei counterparts, such as the Ghidorah theme, or Gozilla's theme in MvG/GvMG2. I think, although the Showa versions have a smaller orchestra and inferior recording quality, the music is much more lively and enjoyable.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzillian wrote: Where's the joke in telling someone everything in their opinion post is wrong?
Thats the JOKE :lol: !

Did I name call and be so agressive towards him that it just had to prompt you out of your high horse to respond to my post? It was a harmless dad joke afterall.
Seems you took it more personally than he ever did :lol: .

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

See, the problem is that generally speaking a joke is supposed to be funny.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Removed.

Added in 34 seconds:
Felt good to write though. :lol:
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

2004Zilla wrote:See, the problem is that generally speaking a joke is supposed to be funny.
A joke is abstract, it can be funny or not be funny to anyone or no one. Take for example the funny pictures thread, tell me you find ALL those funny and its supposed to be a FUNNY pictures thread...... :lol:

But meh, I see it wasnt funny sooooo.......

Added in 1 minute 27 seconds:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:Removed.

Added in 34 seconds:
Felt good to write though. :lol:
That wasnt funny Daws.....if you laugh it has to be funny to EVERYONE.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

goji89 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:See, the problem is that generally speaking a joke is supposed to be funny.
A joke is abstract, it can be funny or not be funny to anyone or no one. Take for example the funny pictures thread, tell me you find ALL those funny and its supposed to be a FUNNY pictures thread...... :lol:
That is some serious truth right there. That is one weird thread. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

My 2 cents: goji89 is hilarious and it's damn obvious when he's joking.

That aside, here's a whole bunch of unpopular opinions I have about the Millennium movies.

* Orga and the Millenians are the best realized alien antagonist in the Godzilla series.
* Mentioned in the fan confession thread, but I think Godzilla vs Megagurirus is the best fight in the Millenium series.
* Ghidorachi is a genuinely interesting take on the character and the fact he hasn't been in more media is CRIMINAL.
* Actually, all of the Yamato Guardians deserve more appearances.
* Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is right up there with Godzilla 2000 and GMK as the only genuinely good Millenium movies.
* Think I just said this, but Kiryu is the best Mechagodzilla.
* Final Wars is a fun, well made (effects and choreography wise) film that no matter your opinion on it, actually followed though on the "radically new takes on the franchise" idea the Millennium series.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

eabaker wrote:
KillCrites wrote:Anyone else find Terror of Mechagodzilla's pacing to be horribly slow?
It is slow, but for me it is deliciously slow. :)
Eabaker, this is the greatest thing I can agree with you on. :huge:
(KillCrites I do see how it can be a bit slow at times, and I'll admit the editing is a bit bad in some places)
goji89 wrote:
NANI?

*I highlighted everything wrong with your post*
You remind me of my uncle, and that's why it's always a pleasure reading your jokes. "Simple" jokes are bestest jokes.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:My 2 cents: goji89 is hilarious and it's damn obvious when he's joking.
Your two cents my friend is worth more than all the gold in the world.

Added in 5 minutes 18 seconds:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: You remind me of my uncle, and that's why it's always a pleasure reading your jokes. "Simple" jokes are bestest jokes.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Zarm wrote:Ah yes, the 'critique people's unpopular opinions and tell them why they're wrong' thread.
Ah no, the ‘critique people’s unpopular opinion about an unpopular opinion and tell them why they’re wrong’ is where we’re at now. Try to keep up.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Most of the people here wouldn’t care or even know about “Zone Fighter” (which isn’t even the correct name for the series) if it didn’t feature Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Gigan. I also doubt the main page here would have a series overview and monster bios if that were the case.

Likewise, think about how much you know about “Go! Godman.” Now imagine that didn’t showcase rotting Toho monsters...
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Terasawa wrote:Most of the people here wouldn’t care or even know about “Zone Fighter” (which isn’t even the correct name for the series) if it didn’t feature Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Gigan. I also doubt the main page here would have a series overview and monster bios if that were the case.

Likewise, think about how much you know about “Go! Godman.” Now imagine that didn’t showcase rotting Toho monsters...
No, this is true.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Terasawa wrote:Most of the people here wouldn’t care or even know about “Zone Fighter” (which isn’t even the correct name for the series) if it didn’t feature Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Gigan. I also doubt the main page here would have a series overview and monster bios if that were the case.
I don't care about it even with Godzilla, Gigan, and Ghidorah! :)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
I don't care about it even with Godzilla, Gigan, and Ghidorah! :)
Ill just add that to our growing list of things we agree on.

Were at 2