Darkest Godzilla scene

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
UltramanGoji

Re: Darkest Godzilla scene

Post by UltramanGoji »

Pkmatrix wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Zarm wrote: And, from the comics, that horrific subplot about the dying kids and the father's failed suicide bombing against Godzilla from... what, kingdom of the Monsters, I think? Gah.
The dying kids were from Kingdom of Monsters, but the kamikaze father was from the very first Dark Horse comic.

Nope, it was Kingdom of Monsters. Godzilla kills the kids in Kingdom of Monsters #1, and their father attempts to kill Godzilla with a suicide bomb (with predictable results) in Kingdom of Monsters #2. (Well, they're at the very least reusing the kamikaze idea from the first DH comic.)
Huh. No wonder I didn't know, I never read past issue one of that awful comic.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Oh, good. So glad to see that was used twice. :?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

hilbilyiwe ded.
Godzilla

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

For me, it has to be two scenes from the original film, immediately after Godzilla razes Tokyo.

Firstly, the two F86F Sabres come in to fight Godzilla. Two of Japan's most advanced conventional warplanes fly above the ruined city, in the hopes that they might force him back after all other attempts have failed... and he barely even reacts to their weaponry, before silently entering the Bay. It goes to show just how hopeless the situation is.

And then, there's the long shot from ground level over the burning city, without anything even recognisable as a building left standing. Even the most short sighted viewer can tell at this point what the film is commenting on.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."

TheAtomicDino
Young Farmer

Post by TheAtomicDino »

I though the darkest scene was when Mechagodzilla 2 blew up Goji's second brain and blood splattered across the screen, that moment really stood out to me.

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

In the Heisei era, nothing tops Destoroyah's response to murdering Junior and then dragging Godzilla away from his body. After letting Godzilla fall to the ground a few times, Destoroyah actually unleashes a malevolent laugh. He revels in the grief and horror displayed by his adversary, and if that isn't Destoroyah's character defining moment, I don't know what is - He's not just a mindless killing machine; he's cruel, calculating and extremely intelligent, and uses this to its full destructive potential.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oooh that reminds me how Kingdom of Monsters had some potentially great ideas. Godzilla rising from the sand and eating two kids is great imagery but everything building to that wasn't good enough. Plus the hopeless kamikaze dad was nice but god so many things about that comic are terrible.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Shin Godzilla

-The atomic ray scene

-Second form making landfall

-Evolution scene

-Godzilla entering Tokyo at night

The Return of Godzilla

-Shockirus attacks

-Godzilla's big reveal

-Godzilla entering and attacking the city

-Nuclear bomb being set off in the atmosphere and restoring Godzilla

-The ending scene

Godzilla Raids Again

-Godzilla just straight up ripping Anguirus's neck open, he tries to run away but Godzilla bites him again and finally kills him. Then sets his corpse on fire.

Just off the top of my head.
Resized Image

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

There's also everything to do with Hedorah in his debut film, especially when he melts all those people with his Sulphuric Acid spray.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Bigdog wrote:The scene in Gojira, where as Godzilla marches onward through the city, a woman is holding her daughter up against a wall. They are desperate, but the mother accepts her fate and tries to keep her daughter calmed down. She then says to her, "We'll be with your father soon." Indicating he either died in World War II or was one of the fishermen that died on one of the Marus.
Very powerful scene. I get really choked up watching the film when that happens. :(

Added in 52 minutes 35 seconds:
Serizawas death is very dark. I feel that he not only kills himself because of his worries of people forcing him to divulge information but I feel he does it because he realizes that Emiko has chosen Ogata and he knows she would never be truly happy married to him. Just listen to his final words, telling Ogata to take care of Emiko. Very tragic, dark love story in Gojira. The end always makes me tear up. Not only does Serizawa die alone, but Gojira does too. There are many parallels between the character of Gojira and Serizawa, really. They are both tragic, dark characters.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

BooLugosi wrote:
Bigdog wrote:The scene in Gojira, where as Godzilla marches onward through the city, a woman is holding her daughter up against a wall. They are desperate, but the mother accepts her fate and tries to keep her daughter calmed down. She then says to her, "We'll be with your father soon." Indicating he either died in World War II or was one of the fishermen that died on one of the Marus.
Very powerful scene. I get really choked up watching the film when that happens. :(

Serizawas death is very dark. I feel that he not only kills himself because of his worries of people forcing him to divulge information but I feel he does it because he realizes that Emiko has chosen Ogata and he knows she would never be truly happy married to him. Just listen to his final words, telling Ogata to take care of Emiko. Very tragic, dark love story in Gojira. The end always makes me tear up. Not only does Serizawa die alone, but Gojira does too. There are many parallels between the character of Gojira and Serizawa, really. They are both tragic, dark characters.
If you seen my synopsis for a rewrite of the 1998 remake, I homaged this scene alongside realistically depicting the events of a giant monster coming to port, and the wholesale destruction that does ensue because I felt that had these things were done in the remake, it would've been far better received.

The best part of Godzilla 1954 is how it somberly depicts the trauma and sadness after the attack. You get to see the actual damage done directly to the people and the city, but more is to the citizens that suffer from this attack. Not even 1984, GMK, and Shin Godzilla attempts this sort of scene because Godzilla movies after that have made the consequences of the destruction an abstract idea if not at all. And that alone made the original film and King of the Monsters actually resonate with viewers. It hauntingly depicted the tragedy of the populace who suffered because the Japanese Imperial military indoctrinated their own people as living shields to keep the war going as bloody as possible to the last person. And that lays the dual-sided tragedy of Godzilla. It was better to deal with Godzilla than to fight for much longer and have even millions more die from the devastation of war on both sides.

I noticed sometime back that there's a story element of the clash between the past, which is symbolized by Dr. Yamane, Godzilla and Serizawa, versus the future of Japan, which is symbolized by Ogata, Emiko and Shinkichi Yamane. By the end of the first two movies, all of the former are dead tied to Godzilla in some manner, and so are the older social norms such as arranged marriages, dying for honor, and generally the older way to do things. It's tragic how it happens, but it speaks to how much Japan changed from the dropping of those bombs.

Or that is how I interpret it. I see a similar anti-Imperial motif in Daimajin, though it's under the surface. The people are at the mercy of those who have the bigger and better weapons, and Daimajin is the weapon that attacks the oppressors to help free the people. I was sorely disappointed we didn't see a scene in Shin Godzilla where we see people suffering at a hospital, streets or whatever else, because that's far less cheap than randomly showing images of 1945's Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, or the cheap mushroom cloud breath in GMK. It's edgy, but it's not quite mature or adding weight to the tragedy, when you don't actually see it.

This is why I feel many Godzilla movies tend to fail. The moment when Godzilla lost the human element and pushed it to the sidelines is the moment when Godzilla lost its soul. 2014 almost got it down pat, but the MUTO fed off the radiation and Brody military guy was duller than Ford Brody. And even then, it won't happen the next time. I can see 2018 being darker given that radiation will seriously affect the people now. And hopefully, they show an abject failure so this could be like the Empire Strikes Back. The world's tipped towards hell,

Spoiler:
There is a lone fisherman on the pier. He sees a massive swelling of water, much akin to a tsunami wave. He doesn't move a muscle. He's already very old and and in sense , the blue sapphire flickering from the waves almost provides a soothing embrace to the fisherman's soull. Then a bystander is yelling at him to leave , and his minds snaps back into reality., just as the pier begins crumbling fro mt he sheer force of the collapsing waves. He barely is running from the collapsing piers, and eventually makes it on solid ground. He trips and then falls.

The water swells right past him, and water soars through the city. Pedestrians, shop-goers and several other people are caught up in the waves' current. For five city blocks, the water continues on going until it stop right on the feet of some child. She is looking up at the massive dark reptile glaring its eyes towards them,She quivers in place,points and says, "There's a dinosaur, mommy!" She screams, and her mother snatches her up as she runs to her car. The water is sucked right back into the river. sucking the fisherman alongside the few unfortunate souls into the water itself, their screams muffled and silenced by the water. Out of sight , the radiation is boiling them instantly.

A giant behemoth is now standing right above the cityscape. As it makes towards the land, more water is displaced, and with malice, Godzilla wreaks hell onto the city, slowly coming through it. Military people didn't come there in time, and now they were going to pay the cost. Godzilla doesn't care about the people below as it wrecks buildings, cars and turns the city into rubble.

Finally, Godzilla is faced with some military. After being pissed off from various missiles, he grabs one of them, and breathes neon blue flame on it . Godzilla breathes fire on incoming planes behind and in any directions of the creature. Each formation comes at Godzilla like moths to a flame. The burning jets rain from the sky as Godzilla moves further into New York, like meteors sent from above to cast fiery hellish judgement on Gomorrah.

Meanwhile, the mother's car is stuck in a jam with other people. In the rear-view mirror, Godzilla's devilish form comes ever closer. Each quaking foot movement shakes all the vehicles. Most have left their vehicles save for them, The mother tries to remove the seat buckles from her daughter and they begin to leave down the street. She tells her daughter to keep on running, and she is pursuing her. Eventually, the daughter trips and falls on the sidewalk and is crying in pain. The mother runs to her side and sees the smoldering remains of an aircraft jet. It's numbers rang similar to her. In fact, they were her husband's. She begins to cry, but she holds her feelings mum for her daughter as they struggle to get out of Godzilla's path. But it is futile.

She is holding her daughter and looks up to0 the sky with hatred. She doesn't know why God is punishing her family even more than it was held possible. Now they were certainly going to die.
"We're going to be with your family, honey." The mother says. She is praying . The girl gets the meaning right away and is now in shock. It immediately cuts away from the street back to Godzilla.

Another jet slams into the cars and a flaming wall of jet fuel burns through where they are at. Cut to Godzilla walking through the flames unfazed by the fire.

From then on, Godzilla does much of the destruction, is revealed to be a "girl" [but really is a boy that it's genes were altered to a point. That scens makes him look like a moron to her]. Much of the films is sort of the same, but is weighed heavily by the disaster of the preivous weeks. But the baby Godzilla are a slightly huger threat as they don't stay down in the Garden and hunt people once they exhaust the fish supply. I nstead of the group running away from Godzilla, they are running away from a pack of Godzilla babies. The part of the city where they congregate for tuna is firebombed. But the cameraman gets the creatures eating people on camera and then they get a taste for blood.

IT leaves Godzilla to destroy more of the place , as it was already doing, and sinks back into the water. The military is defeated and Godzilla goes away as a victor. A sole egg rests in the rubble, but is soon crushed by rubble. The Brooklyn Bridge no longer exists while much of the city is in ruin.

When Godzilla is killed, it is still a bitter victory. Millions of lives lost, an entire region ruined and irradiated, the local fishing industry destroyed. Patrick's girlfriend is dead and he barely makes it out alive. He sees killing the monster for revenge and then dies with it, no longer having a reason to live and to save humanity. His sacrifice and the disastrous event is honored in a memorial placed a year after, to honor all those lost.

The movie ends with the news reporter's friends, now a couple with a baby girl named after her ,touching the plaque. "Your aunt died here. She was a hero. They both live with the angels." After credits, a young Godzilla is offshore in Japan, and it looks remarkably similar to Shin Gojira and 1998. It roars to the skies, alerting its prey of its existence and thus, the survival of his race. It was awoken from the death of another of its kind, and it falls slowly towards the sea.

End.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Bigdog wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:

If you seen my synopsis for a rewrite of the 1998 remake, I homaged this scene alongside realistically depicting the events of a giant monster coming to port, and the wholesale destruction that does ensue because I felt that had these things were done in the remake, it would've been far better received.

The best part of Godzilla 1954 is how it somberly depicts the trauma and sadness after the attack. You get to see the actual damage done directly to the people and the city, but more is to the citizens that suffer from this attack. Not even 1984, GMK, and Shin Godzilla attempts this sort of scene because Godzilla movies after that have made the consequences of the destruction an abstract idea if not at all. And that alone made the original film and King of the Monsters actually resonate with viewers. It hauntingly depicted the tragedy of the populace who suffered because the Japanese Imperial military indoctrinated their own people as living shields to keep the war going as bloody as possible to the last person. And that lays the dual-sided tragedy of Godzilla. It was better to deal with Godzilla than to fight for much longer and have even millions more die from the devastation of war on both sides.

I noticed sometime back that there's a story element of the clash between the past, which is symbolized by Dr. Yamane, Godzilla and Serizawa, versus the future of Japan, which is symbolized by Ogata, Emiko and Shinkichi Yamane. By the end of the first two movies, all of the former are dead tied to Godzilla in some manner, and so are the older social norms such as arranged marriages, dying for honor, and generally the older way to do things. It's tragic how it happens, but it speaks to how much Japan changed from the dropping of those bombs.

Or that is how I interpret it. I see a similar anti-Imperial motif in Daimajin, though it's under the surface. The people are at the mercy of those who have the bigger and better weapons, and Daimajin is the weapon that attacks the oppressors to help free the people. I was sorely disappointed we didn't see a scene in Shin Godzilla where we see people suffering at a hospital, streets or whatever else, because that's far less cheap than randomly showing images of 1945's Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, or the cheap mushroom cloud breath in GMK. It's edgy, but it's not quite mature or adding weight to the tragedy, when you don't actually see it.

This is why I feel many Godzilla movies tend to fail. The moment when Godzilla lost the human element and pushed it to the sidelines is the moment when Godzilla lost its soul. 2014 almost got it down pat, but the MUTO fed off the radiation and Brody military guy was duller than Ford Brody. And even then, it won't happen the next time. I can see 2018 being darker given that radiation will seriously affect the people now. And hopefully, they show an abject failure so this could be like the Empire Strikes Back. The world's tipped towards hell,

Spoiler:
There is a lone fisherman on the pier. He sees a massive swelling of water, much akin to a tsunami wave. He doesn't move a muscle. He's already very old and and in sense , the blue sapphire flickering from the waves almost provides a soothing embrace to the fisherman's soull. Then a bystander is yelling at him to leave , and his minds snaps back into reality., just as the pier begins crumbling fro mt he sheer force of the collapsing waves. He barely is running from the collapsing piers, and eventually makes it on solid ground. He trips and then falls.

The water swells right past him, and water soars through the city. Pedestrians, shop-goers and several other people are caught up in the waves' current. For five city blocks, the water continues on going until it stop right on the feet of some child. She is looking up at the massive dark reptile glaring its eyes towards them,She quivers in place,points and says, "There's a dinosaur, mommy!" She screams, and her mother snatches her up as she runs to her car. The water is sucked right back into the river. sucking the fisherman alongside the few unfortunate souls into the water itself, their screams muffled and silenced by the water. Out of sight , the radiation is boiling them instantly.

A giant behemoth is now standing right above the cityscape. As it makes towards the land, more water is displaced, and with malice, Godzilla wreaks hell onto the city, slowly coming through it. Military people didn't come there in time, and now they were going to pay the cost. Godzilla doesn't care about the people below as it wrecks buildings, cars and turns the city into rubble.

Finally, Godzilla is faced with some military. After being pissed off from various missiles, he grabs one of them, and breathes neon blue flame on it . Godzilla breathes fire on incoming planes behind and in any directions of the creature. Each formation comes at Godzilla like moths to a flame. The burning jets rain from the sky as Godzilla moves further into New York, like meteors sent from above to cast fiery hellish judgement on Gomorrah.

Meanwhile, the mother's car is stuck in a jam with other people. In the rear-view mirror, Godzilla's devilish form comes ever closer. Each quaking foot movement shakes all the vehicles. Most have left their vehicles save for them, The mother tries to remove the seat buckles from her daughter and they begin to leave down the street. She tells her daughter to keep on running, and she is pursuing her. Eventually, the daughter trips and falls on the sidewalk and is crying in pain. The mother runs to her side and sees the smoldering remains of an aircraft jet. It's numbers rang similar to her. In fact, they were her husband's. She begins to cry, but she holds her feelings mum for her daughter as they struggle to get out of Godzilla's path. But it is futile.

She is holding her daughter and looks up to0 the sky with hatred. She doesn't know why God is punishing her family even more than it was held possible. Now they were certainly going to die.
"We're going to be with your family, honey." The mother says. She is praying . The girl gets the meaning right away and is now in shock. It immediately cuts away from the street back to Godzilla.

Another jet slams into the cars and a flaming wall of jet fuel burns through where they are at. Cut to Godzilla walking through the flames unfazed by the fire.

From then on, Godzilla does much of the destruction, is revealed to be a "girl" [but really is a boy that it's genes were altered to a point. That scens makes him look like a moron to her]. Much of the films is sort of the same, but is weighed heavily by the disaster of the preivous weeks. But the baby Godzilla are a slightly huger threat as they don't stay down in the Garden and hunt people once they exhaust the fish supply. I nstead of the group running away from Godzilla, they are running away from a pack of Godzilla babies. The part of the city where they congregate for tuna is firebombed. But the cameraman gets the creatures eating people on camera and then they get a taste for blood.

IT leaves Godzilla to destroy more of the place , as it was already doing, and sinks back into the water. The military is defeated and Godzilla goes away as a victor. A sole egg rests in the rubble, but is soon crushed by rubble. The Brooklyn Bridge no longer exists while much of the city is in ruin.

When Godzilla is killed, it is still a bitter victory. Millions of lives lost, an entire region ruined and irradiated, the local fishing industry destroyed. Patrick's girlfriend is dead and he barely makes it out alive. He sees killing the monster for revenge and then dies with it, no longer having a reason to live and to save humanity. His sacrifice and the disastrous event is honored in a memorial placed a year after, to honor all those lost.

The movie ends with the news reporter's friends, now a couple with a baby girl named after her ,touching the plaque. "Your aunt died here. She was a hero. They both live with the angels." After credits, a young Godzilla is offshore in Japan, and it looks remarkably similar to Shin Gojira and 1998. It roars to the skies, alerting its prey of its existence and thus, the survival of his race. It was awoken from the death of another of its kind, and it falls slowly towards the sea.

End.
Damn. I can't think of a reply tbh. You pretty much summarized my mindset perfectly and gave me all new ideas about the original film too. :lol: I can say this though, your ideas for what the 98 film should have been are perfect.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dang. I'm surprised to say it, but... the ending of All Monsters Attack. Emotionally, psychologically, and financially, that family is screwed.

Ichiro has come into his own as a violent, selfish little brat, his dad is having to deal with the aftermath (promising some of that money they were trying to work hard to save) to mollify the guy that Ichiro cruelly pranked even when he knew it was wrong earlier in the movie, his mother (as evidenced by her breakdown) is traumatized and terrified (which, honestly, the dad and Ichiro should be, too), and has cut down even further on the family's revenue prospects in order to try and stay with the child she is now, realistically, terrified could be horribly harmed by anything, anytime (as a parent, that worry is bad enough WITHOUT having your kid kidnapped), further decreasing the chances of saving up enough to move out of this industrial-area slum; the emotional and psychological repercussions of everything are just starting to be felt, the family's been set back in nearly every way, Ichiro is smug in his newfound confidence and becoming a total thug, a bully himself (note how he even abandons his friend to the bullies he feared so he can pursue his 'fun' with the prank)... and the shoulder-shrugging, devil-may-care final shots seems to communicate the unconcerned message 'Eh, this is just the way life is. Nothing's going to change; this is just the natural place in life for these people.'

It may not trump 'We'll see your father soon' or Serizawa's suicide... but existentially, it's *really* flipping dark; right up there with the Xillien's suicide in Monster Zero, in Destroyah's cruelty, if only for its subtle implication that this living nightmare is natural and will be the only thing this shocked, slowly-unraveling family will ever know despite their desperate attempts to claw their way out of their situation.
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

Zarm wrote:Dang. I'm surprised to say it, but... the ending of Godzilla's Revenge. Emotionally, psychologically, and financially, that family is screwed.

Ichiro has come into his own as a violent, selfish little brat, his dad is having to deal with the aftermath (promising some of that money they were trying to work hard to save) to mollify the guy that Ichiro cruelly pranked even when he knew it was wrong earlier in the movie, his mother (as evidenced by her breakdown) is traumatized and terrified (which, honestly, the dad and Ichiro should be, too), and has cut down even further on the family's revenue prospects in order to try and stay with the child she is now, realistically, terrified could be horribly harmed by anything, anytime (as a parent, that worry is bad enough WITHOUT having your kid kidnapped), further decreasing the chances of saving up enough to move out of this industrial-area slum; the emotional and psychological repercussions of everything are just starting to be felt, the family's been set back in nearly every way, Ichiro is smug in his newfound confidence and becoming a total thug, a bully himself (note how he even abandons his friend to the bullies he feared so he can pursue his 'fun' with the prank)... and the shoulder-shrugging, devil-may-care final shots seems to communicate the unconcerned message 'Eh, this is just the way life is. Nothing's going to change; this is just the natural place in life for these people.'

It may not trump 'We'll see your father soon' or Serizawa's suicide... but existentially, it's *really* flipping dark; right up there with the Xillien's suicide in Monster Zero, in Destroyah's cruelty, if only for its subtle implication that this living nightmare is natural and will be the only thing this shocked, slowly-unraveling family will ever know despite their desperate attempts to claw their way out of their situation.
Is that the Japanese version? Because the English version has a totally different outlook on things.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Bigdog wrote: Is that the Japanese version? Because the English version has a totally different outlook on things.
Yes, the Japanese version (sorry, fixed the post to the correct title). I mean, a lot of that is subtext and a reading of the implications of casual statements rather than outright statements...

How is the dub different? It's been a while...
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

The original 2012 Comic Con Godzilla trailer itself is easily the most disturbing and darkest scene in the franchise by far.
Godzilla

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

Serizawa setting fire to his studies on Micro-Oxygen in the original film. The whole scene practically bleeds all manner of emotions, but there's this sense of finality which hasn't quite been replicated elsewhere in the series. Knowing that he'll die, but that his invention will come under great scrutiny, Serizawa destroys all mention of the device, so that no one will ever be able to make the same mistakes the people behind the nuclear testing did, and that no one can use this weapon of last resort to commit horrific atrocities against humankind.

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

The montage of Hedorah killing everyone by gassing them and turning them into skeletons.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Zarm wrote:Dang. I'm surprised to say it, but... the ending of All Monsters Attack. Emotionally, psychologically, and financially, that family is screwed.

That's depressing and it makes total sense too. :( That film has so much fucked up subtext in it.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Seriously though.

The original 2012 Teaser is legitimately disturbing it truly is.

https://vimeo.com/146985673
Godzilla