Darkest Godzilla scene

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Darkest Godzilla scene

Post by BlankAccount »

Not Godzilla but the ending(s) to Frankenstein vs Baragon AKA Frankenstein Conquers Our Hearts.

After his innocence is proven and he saves the day he gets either swallowed up by a chasm opening up or dragged into a lake by a giant octopus.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Living Corpse wrote:Frankenstein vs Baragon AKA Frankenstein Conquers Our Hearts.
I'm calling it this forever now thank you
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Major sssspielberg! wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Frankenstein vs Baragon AKA Frankenstein Conquers Our Hearts.
That's what I called it in my review (before it got deleted, fuck you YouTube). Frankenstain actually had this charm to him and I did feel pretty bad for him.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Major sssspielberg! wrote:
Likewise. Because it's so damned true.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I’m gonna go out on a limb and just put Gojira aside because that film has all the darkest scenes. Even Godzilla’s final scene, where it becomes apparent that he’s just an animal tragically alive in the wrong time... Anyway!

One that stands out to me is the opening sequence of Godzilla 2014. That was tough to watch when she took off the helmet, knowing she was going to die.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

LockBite wrote:I’m gonna go out on a limb and just put Gojira aside because that film has all the darkest scenes. Even Godzilla’s final scene, where it becomes apparent that he’s just an animal tragically alive in the wrong time... Anyway!

One that stands out to me is the opening sequence of Godzilla 2014. That was tough to watch when she took off the helmet, knowing she was going to die.
Seems 2014 has mastered the art of darkness. Both figuratively AND literally :lol:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Another dark scene that stands out is from G vs the Sea Monster. It may not seem that dark, but it's clear that when the escaping natives see Ebirah, it's over. To add to it, we see them served up as shishka bob.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

edgaguirus wrote:Another dark scene that stands out is from G vs the Sea Monster. It may not seem that dark, but it's clear that when the escaping natives see Ebirah, it's over. To add to it, we see them served up as shishka bob.
Or as Crow called them in the MST episode, Ka-Bob and Ka-Steve.

That's actually a pretty unusual scene for a Godzilla movie. Outside of the first film, innocents aren't usually shown being killed by monsters in the Showa series.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:Pretty easy choice here...

^This 1000%.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Excluding Godzilla 54 and 2014, I’d say the darkest Godzilla scene might actually be Katsura’s death in ToMG. There was something pretty miserable about that moment, in context of the rest of her terrible experiences.