The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Living Corpse
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I usually don't complain about bad CGI but there was nothing with her movements that required it. It doesn't even look like they cel-shaded it, either

From what I understand it's intentional cause story wise you can't comprehend or fully process her true form and it's supposed to be somewhat off putting, unnatural and jarring to what we perceive as that anime's reality hence the janky art style shift. Tiamat's true from is supposed to be 4D. How the skreeonk do you animate that when we might not be able to fully perceive it or perceive it at all in real life? You don't, you make everyone 2D and have her turn into 3D.

VoyagerGoji
Gotengo Officer

Postby VoyagerGoji » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:48 am

A certain user on the FMs using VsWiki power scaling, and being super toxic about it. He will remain unnamed, but he did get his permission to post revoked.
TK's Resident Australian.
Join the SHP! Enlist today!

KingKong2005
Gotengo Officer

Postby KingKong2005 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:44 am

VoyagerGoji wrote:A certain user on the FMs using VsWiki power scaling, and being super toxic about it. He will remain unnamed, but he did get his permission to post revoked.

VsWiki power scaling is total cringe in itself! I said it there and I'll say it here; people will say "oh no this monster is planetary while this one is continental, he one-shots end of story lolollolol" and it's like wtf. MV Godzilla takes nukes but is vulnerable to other kaiju attacks, Showa Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla were downed multiple times, WHY do people insist on using VsWiki power scaling as some form of arguments with kaiju who's durability always differs?? It makes no sense at all and it comes across as absolute cringe!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
EDF Instructor

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:11 pm

VoyagerGoji wrote:he did get his permission to post revoked.

Isn't that just getting banned?

Kiryu2012
Xilien Halfling

Postby Kiryu2012 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:15 pm

KingKong2005 wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:A certain user on the FMs using VsWiki power scaling, and being super toxic about it. He will remain unnamed, but he did get his permission to post revoked.

VsWiki power scaling is total cringe in itself! I said it there and I'll say it here; people will say "oh no this monster is planetary while this one is continental, he one-shots end of story lolollolol" and it's like wtf. MV Godzilla takes nukes but is vulnerable to other kaiju attacks, Showa Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla were downed multiple times, WHY do people insist on using VsWiki power scaling as some form of arguments with kaiju who's durability always differs?? It makes no sense at all and it comes across as absolute cringe!

On top of that, a lot of the people who view the site as a legitimately reliable source of info act pompous and rude to others who's opinions don't line up with theirs; a bunch of the users on that site hate the likes of Death Battle and claim that it's almost always wrong just for having different opinions on certain matches.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

Cryptid_Liker
EDF Instructor

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:55 pm

No words.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VoyagerGoji
Gotengo Officer

Postby VoyagerGoji » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:19 pm

Cryptid_Liker wrote:No words.

What. Is. This.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
Gotengo Officer

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:51 am

VoyagerGoji wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:No words.

What. Is. This.

You two make the biggest deals out of nothing. It's just a harmless little fan thing someone did. I don't really understand it but I'm guessing the third one is a crossover with Godzilla and Dragonball? I wouldn't know since I've never seen Dragonball.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Imagine being such a piece of poop you think someone should slowly suffer and die because they're making it harder for you to buy children's dinosaur toys.

_JNavs_
Xilien Halfling

Postby _JNavs_ » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:52 am

Is that MeGodtron
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

edgaguirus
Xilien Halfling

Postby edgaguirus » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:36 pm

It is kind of amusing to see Godzilla dressed like Shredder.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

Kaltes-Herzeleid
G-Force Personnel

Postby Kaltes-Herzeleid » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 pm

Once saw a post on r/Godzilla where some guy complained about the Showa era's portrayal of Godzilla being bad because of his "inconsistent power level" or something to that effect. Then posted a rearrangement of the movies that "makes sense" when it comes to Godzilla's power, disregarding the inconsistency to his character but hey it's all about them power levels!
Resized Image

VoyagerGoji
Gotengo Officer

Postby VoyagerGoji » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:03 pm

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:Once saw a post on r/Godzilla where some guy complained about the Showa era's portrayal of Godzilla being bad because of his "inconsistent power level" or something to that effect. Then posted a rearrangement of the movies that "makes sense" when it comes to Godzilla's power, disregarding the inconsistency to his character but hey it's all about them power levels!

Now that is cringe.

KingKong2005
Gotengo Officer

Postby KingKong2005 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:04 pm

VoyagerGoji wrote:
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:Once saw a post on r/Godzilla where some guy complained about the Showa era's portrayal of Godzilla being bad because of his "inconsistent power level" or something to that effect. Then posted a rearrangement of the movies that "makes sense" when it comes to Godzilla's power, disregarding the inconsistency to his character but hey it's all about them power levels!

Now that is cringe.

Second this!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:48 am

I want to see the order.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Kaiju-King42
Xilien Halfling

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:09 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:

I want to see the order.

Yeah, I'm kind of morbidly curious now.
JAGzilla wrote:Somebody skreeonking sig this. :lol:

Kaltes-Herzeleid
G-Force Personnel

Postby Kaltes-Herzeleid » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:04 am

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

I want to see the order.

Yeah, I'm kind of morbidly curious now.

You asked.
Resized Image

Terasawa
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Terasawa » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:35 am

DirektorSplennic wrote:You... make the biggest deals out of nothing. It's just a harmless little fan thing someone did.

That's what most of this thread is and I don't get it. Most of this stuff isn't "cringe". The reactions in this thread are more embarrassing.
Save All Dubs. Sub All Tohos.

DirektorSplennic
Gotengo Officer

Postby DirektorSplennic » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:03 am

Terasawa wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:You... make the biggest deals out of nothing. It's just a harmless little fan thing someone did.

That's what most of this thread is and I don't get it. Most of this stuff isn't "cringe". The reactions in this thread are more embarrassing.

Hell I've been guilty of it, even recently. I'd just rather see stuff that is actual cringe that actually affects the fandom instead of some little kid's fanart (who keep in mind may have their little heart broken if they saw their stuff on this thread.)
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Imagine being such a piece of poop you think someone should slowly suffer and die because they're making it harder for you to buy children's dinosaur toys.

Kiryu2012
Xilien Halfling

Postby Kiryu2012 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:12 am

Terasawa wrote:

Cringe culture is just stupid. Make some sort of fan thing somebody else doesn't like, and it's automatically cringe no matter what.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

Cryptid_Liker
EDF Instructor

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:08 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Terasawa wrote:

Hell I've been guilty of it, even recently. I'd just rather see stuff that is actual cringe that actually affects the fandom instead of some little kid's fanart (who keep in mind may have their little heart broken if they saw their stuff on this thread.)

Not a kid but go off, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Toho Films”