The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gigantis
Kwaidan

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Gigantis » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:30 pm

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Especially the fact that people actually ship Godzilla with Zilla.

I think he meant my comment about the fact Dougherty uploaded a Godzilla X Ghidorah picture..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:49 pm

I meant ALL of it .... LOL
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Yojimbo

Postby Kaiju-Killer 751 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Quite honestly, I'm not all that surprised or repulsed by people shipping Giant Monsters; It's not like people haven't shipped anything and/or everything, as my own old fanfiction attests to. Quite honestly, I have no issue with ships so long as they're not hurting anyone or being shoved down someone else's throat, y'know?

As for shipping itself or who ships who, I'unno...don't think I have any 'OTPs' of my own, lol. It's just what it is, and I think the quality of the ship (be it art, literature, etc) is more important than the ship itself, especially if you can justify or create good chemistry as well as the character's canon behavior remaining intact to make believable and compelling dynamics.

Honestly, the only thing that ticks me off is when Fangirls gotta make Zilla a girl to ship her with Godzilla, especially when they make Zilla suddenly a 'female counterpart' to the 'Gojira species'; You'd think they'd go CRAZY over yaoi-reptile poop, but nah, it's only ever FemZilla and Godzilla (Queen to King and all that) and the justification for this extreme Sexual Dimorphism is handwaved rather than any attempt to make it believable.

(Or just don't take the coward's way out and make 'em both men ;)-jk, unless you're into that, I don't judge. Also, in of itself I guess this post could count as cringe anyways...)
Last edited by Kaiju-Killer 751 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Keizer

Postby JAGzilla » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:59 pm

I was introduced to the concept of an internet fandom by the '03 Teen Titans cartoon. Shipping was of course very prominent in that fandom, and right there on display from the day I stumbled in, so for me it's just a standard, expected aspect of fandoms. It's not something that the scum and villainy over on Reddit or DeviantArt unfortunately partake in and we good, normal citizens of the fandom avert our eyes and try not to associate ourselves with. It's just another piece of the puzzle. A weird piece; even as a (non-kaiju) shipper myself I won't deny that for a second, but nothing to be overly ashamed of.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:10 pm

Shipping is cringe. Especially deviant shipping or things that should never be shipped.... like I don't know giant irradiated Kaiju's duking it out in miniature city playsets. I get human shippings or to that effect but come on, a line HAS to be drawn somewhere.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Postby Godzilla21 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:35 pm

goji89 wrote:Shipping is cringe. Especially deviant shipping or things that should never be shipped.... like I don't know giant irradiated Kaiju's duking it out in miniature city playsets. I get human shippings or to that effect but come on, a line HAS to be drawn somewhere.

The thought of shipping giant monsters never even entered my head until I saw someone post art of Godzilla and Mothra making out on Facebook a few years back. At that point I knew we had entered a new wave of fandom. A side of fandom I make to steer clear from
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Shipping is cringe. Especially deviant shipping or things that should never be shipped.... like I don't know giant irradiated Kaiju's duking it out in miniature city playsets. I get human shippings or to that effect but come on, a line HAS to be drawn somewhere.

The thought of shipping giant monsters never even entered my head until I saw someone post art of Godzilla and Mothra making out on Facebook a few years back. At that point I knew we had entered a new wave of fandom. A side of fandom I make to steer clear from

Oh Hell yeah..... don't get me started on Godzilla being impregnated by Mothra type of shiit. That is just wrong and someone needs help if they draw that.

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:44 pm

goji89 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

Oh Hell yeah..... don't get me started on Godzilla being impregnated by Mothra type of shiit. That is just wrong and someone needs help if they draw that.

Godzilla... being impregnated... by Mothra? And that's a "type of shiit"? There's other "shiit" of that "type"?

How does one define that "type"? What "category" "is" "it" "in"?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Cryptid_Liker
Futurian

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:18 pm

eabaker wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

Godzilla... being impregnated... by Mothra? And that's a "type of shiit"? There's other "shiit" of that "type"?

I've seen drawings of Mothra's abdomen engorged to the size of Godzilla's thighs and it's horrifying.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:21 pm

No more, no more .......make it stop, make it staaaaahp.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Postby Manuelito Canelito » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:29 pm

goji89 wrote:Everything in the post above is cringe inducing.....

Damn.....

goji89 wrote:No more, no more .......make it stop, make it staaaaahp.

Don't kinkshame, dude :v
Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:18 pm

ManuJM1997 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Everything in the post above is cringe inducing.....

Damn.....

goji89 wrote:No more, no more .......make it stop, make it staaaaahp.

Don't kinkshame, dude :v

Oh I'll kinkshame the skreeonk out of this shiit. I don't care. There is a finite line to kinks.

Gigantis
Kwaidan

Postby Gigantis » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:20 pm

goji89 wrote:
Oh I'll kinkshame the skreeonk out of this shiit. I don't care. There is a finite line to kinks.

I don't really know if Shipping would count as a "kink". Even if it did, at least it's involving... death in any way.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Keizer

Postby JAGzilla » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:42 pm

eabaker wrote:Godzilla... being impregnated... by Mothra? And that's a "type of shiit"? There's other "shiit" of that "type"?

Goddammit. :lol: I almost choked on my bagel when I read this, and now I can't stop coughing.

Also, no, shipping does not inherently equal 'kink'. Some does, and some of that is terrifying, but not all shippers are in it for sexual reasons. A lot aren't, even.

Cryptid_Liker
Futurian

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:59 am

JAGzilla wrote:
eabaker wrote:Godzilla... being impregnated... by Mothra? And that's a "type of shiit"? There's other "shiit" of that "type"?

Goddammit. :lol: I almost choked on my bagel when I read this, and now I can't stop coughing.

Also, no, shipping does not inherently equal 'kink'. Some does, and some of that is terrifying, but not all shippers are in it for sexual reasons. A lot aren't, even.

• [Hr]I'm morbidly curious.[/Hr]

JAGzilla
Keizer

Postby JAGzilla » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:08 am

^ Well, I mean, I don't have any examples handy. Off the top of my head, there was a Harry Potter fanfic I encountered several years back on Fanfiction.net, involving Hermione and Ginny having a graphic three-way with a well-equipped male unicorn...

Cryptid_Liker
Futurian

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:56 am

JAGzilla wrote:^ Well, I mean, I don't have any examples handy. Off the top of my head, there was a Harry Potter fanfic I encountered several years back on Fanfiction.net, involving Hermione and Ginny having a graphic three-way with a well-equipped male unicorn...

Say no more.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:09 am

It was time for Thomas to leave, for he had seen everything
They must love the smell of Bvlgari. Yeah, I'm doing a little product placement! I gotta get paid, too!

Cryptid_Liker
Futurian

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:59 am

So, I was looking for a Godzilla x Ghidorah fanfic I remember reading but I found something even worse.

I'm not sure if I can post it here so if you want to suffer, DM me.

VoyagerGoji
JXSDF Technician

Postby VoyagerGoji » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Here is something for ya’ll to look at.

https://fan-made-kaiju.fandom.com/wiki/ ... a_vs_Anime

It’s quite a read.

I am Death. I am Destruction. The Destroyer of Worlds.

Return to “General Toho Films”