The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3545
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 am

Once again, my search for cool art on DeviantArt has led me to see horrifying Rule 34 of kaiju.

Just in case you all were wondering, no, I don't know why the Skullcrawler needed boobs.
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10966
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby goji89 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:46 am

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Once again, my search for cool art on DeviantArt has led me to see horrifying Rule 34 of kaiju.

Just in case you all were wondering, no, I don't know why the Skullcrawler needed boobs.


Something for Kong to hold onto.....duh.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3545
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:52 am

goji89 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Once again, my search for cool art on DeviantArt has led me to see horrifying Rule 34 of kaiju.

Just in case you all were wondering, no, I don't know why the Skullcrawler needed boobs.


Something for Kong to hold onto.....duh.


thanks, goji.

I needed that mental image.
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:53 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Once again, my search for cool art on DeviantArt has led me to see horrifying Rule 34 of kaiju.

Just in case you all were wondering, no, I don't know why the Skullcrawler needed boobs.


Do you have your safe search on?
Image

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3545
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Once again, my search for cool art on DeviantArt has led me to see horrifying Rule 34 of kaiju.

Just in case you all were wondering, no, I don't know why the Skullcrawler needed boobs.


Do you have your safe search on?


yep.

Have NO idea how it got past that
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10966
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby goji89 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:31 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Once again, my search for cool art on DeviantArt has led me to see horrifying Rule 34 of kaiju.

Just in case you all were wondering, no, I don't know why the Skullcrawler needed boobs.


Do you have your safe search on?


yep.

Have NO idea how it got past that


Rule 34 always finds a way......

Cue the music

*Jurrasic park*
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
Location: Vague SF Bay Area

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Fish Cakes » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:53 am

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Once again, my search for cool art on DeviantArt has led me to see horrifying Rule 34 of kaiju

Gridman on pixiv. You're all welcome.
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:39 pm

The obsession this fandom has with dismissing critics and "elitists" is pretty cringe
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:52 pm

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The obsession this fandom has with dismissing critics and "elitists" is pretty cringe

Eh, this is a younger fan thing. I don’t pay too much attention to what they say when they call someone a snob because most of their thoughts and opinions haven’t matured yet.

Don’t take it personally
Last edited by Orichalcum on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Keizer
Posts: 7828
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:53 pm

Orichalcum wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The obsession this fandom has with dismissing critics and "elitists" is pretty cringe

Eh, this is a younger fan thing. I don’t pay too much attention to what they think because most of their thoughts and opinions haven’t matured yet.

You know, if you dig deep, you can find the type of poop I said on here when I was 19, and it's pretty cringey. But yeah pretty much.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 15302
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:12 pm

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The obsession this fandom has with dismissing critics and "elitists" is pretty cringe


It's hilarious because none of this poop would be happening if [insert a certain film here] got good reviews and positive opinions from critics and audiences.
Image

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:22 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The obsession this fandom has with dismissing critics and "elitists" is pretty cringe


It's hilarious because none of this poop would be happening if [insert a certain film here] got good reviews and positive opinions from critics and audiences.

Preach brother, preach.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10966
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby goji89 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:09 pm

Orichalcum wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The obsession this fandom has with dismissing critics and "elitists" is pretty cringe

Eh, this is a younger fan thing. I don’t pay too much attention to what they think because most of their thoughts and opinions haven’t matured yet.


Spoken like a true "adult".
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:14 pm

goji89 wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The obsession this fandom has with dismissing critics and "elitists" is pretty cringe

Eh, this is a younger fan thing. I don’t pay too much attention to what they think because most of their thoughts and opinions haven’t matured yet.


Spoken like a true "adult".

Geez, you’re the last person who needs to comment on maturity :P

There was nothing wrong with what I said. You’re free to disagree with the topic but it is pretty cringey to label someone an elitist just because said person doesn’t agree with a personal taste in entries :shrug:
Last edited by Orichalcum on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
G-Grasper
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby DirektorSplennic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Orichalcum wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:Eh, this is a younger fan thing. I don’t pay too much attention to what they think because most of their thoughts and opinions haven’t matured yet.


Spoken like a true "adult".

Geez, you’re the last person who needs to comment on maturity :P

There was nothing wrong with what I said. You’re free to disagree with the topic but it is pretty cringey to label someone an elitist just because said person doesn’t agree with a personal taste in entries :shrug:

I know more about Godzilla than the critics therefore my opinion on KOTM is more better than theirs no matter what they think.

Splennic superior. Critic man inferior.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Imagine being such a piece of poop you think someone should slowly suffer and die because they're making it harder for you to buy children's dinosaur toys.

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:22 pm

You’ll never be half the critic Doug Walker is so ha.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
tyrantgoji
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5490
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Orichalcum wrote:You’ll never be half the critic Doug Walker is so ha.


Doug sucks now anyway so that's a good thing in my book. :lol:
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
Ultraman02
Samurai
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:58 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Ultraman02 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:29 pm

I don't think "mature" is a word I'll ever use in a forum revolving around 65+ year old series about men in fighting in rubber fursuits :shrug:.
But what do I know...
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !


" シュワッチ!"

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:30 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:You’ll never be half the critic Doug Walker is so ha.


Doug sucks now anyway so that's a good thing in my book. :lol:



Doug don’t suck, Doug scrape and lick :roll:

Added in 1 minute 12 seconds:
Ultraman02 wrote:I don't think "mature" is a word I'll ever use in a forum revolving around 65+ year old series about men in fighting in rubber fursuits :shrug:.
But what do I know...

I mean, if that’s how you perceive such a rich franchise, I guess?
Last edited by Orichalcum on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:33 pm

Damn, never knew Godzilla was Nakajima's fursona wtf i hate the series now
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.


Return to “General Toho Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests