The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:57 am

I don’t see how ghosting you once is a big offense. And clearly they’re trying to make it up to you by asking you to see KOTM with you; they were extending the olive branch. If they ghosted you again, that’s fine you’d be right, but your reaction and what you said is riduclous.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:17 am

We're back to this again? :lol:
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:18 am

Smuggers wrote:We're back to this again? :lol:

It’s worse now because the Olive branch was extended by the supposed offender but the persecution complex continues.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I don’t see how ghosting you once is a big offense. And clearly they’re trying to make it up to you by asking you to see KOTM with you; they were extending the olive branch. If they ghosted you again, that’s fine you’d be right, but your reaction and what you said is riduclous.

1. Not the first time they've done this.

2. As stated before they are not "making up for it". They didn't think it was a big deal all the other times.

3. They wouldn't have liked it anyways.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:21 am

Move on to something else. Thank you.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:26 am

Living Corpse wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I don’t see how ghosting you once is a big offense. And clearly they’re trying to make it up to you by asking you to see KOTM with you; they were extending the olive branch. If they ghosted you again, that’s fine you’d be right, but your reaction and what you said is riduclous.

1. Not the first time they've done this.

2. As stated before they are not "making up for it". They didn't think it was a big deal all the other times.

3. They wouldn't have liked it anyways.

So what’s the big hateful masterful plan that’s made to destroy you and publically degrade you here that I’m not getting?

I had a friend of mine cancel on me to visit my area and stay with me this week. I cancelled some plans for that friend, but I’m not taking it out on them, as the other people are understanding. Meanwhile another friend of mine I was supposed to see today for drinks got wrapped up in something and will come over for coffee tomorrow
afternoon. In these cases I understand and just don’t take it personally. Go with the flow more and stop having this bizzare compkex.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:41 am

Okay. One last time.

Move on to something else.

Next post about this is a warning.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:45 am

Trump supporters complaining that G:KOTM is "liberal propaganda" and "pro-communist" because it features...climate change and women.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:30 am

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Trump supporters complaining that G:KOTM is "liberal propaganda" and "pro-communist" because it features...climate change and women.

HA! :lol:

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Of course they do :lol:

Anyway, cringing because I found the Godzilla Neo TV Tropes page. Minus the usual obvious "realizations" and overemphasizing minor details, the entire wiki somehow misses the fact that the thing on MechaniKong explicitly says he's the delusions of a mad man, and treats it as a real thing.

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Hikari
Samurai

Postby Hikari » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:03 pm

To be fair that thread seems mostly chill. I think someone just wanted to try to stir up the pot.
May or may have not just came here for the Ultra-Thread.

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Hikari wrote:To be fair that thread seems mostly chill. I think someone just wanted to try to stir up the pot.

Most likely, I’m right-wing as hell and I very much enjoyed KoTM

On the other hand, the New York Post did call the film “needlessly political” for it’s ecological themes (I myself thought the film wasn’t very political at all, and I mean even beyond it not stooping to the sort of dumb virtue signaling seen in Fallen Kingdom; most seem to agree that the climate change themes are honestly very minor, to the relief of some and the disappointment of others)

Meanwhile funnily enough Alex Jones loves the hell out of KoTM and devoted an entire video to talking about it
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:59 am

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Trump supporters complaining that G:KOTM is "liberal propaganda" and "pro-communist" because it features...climate change and women.

Well that physically hurt to read.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Hikari
Samurai

Postby Hikari » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:28 am

G2000 wrote:
Hikari wrote:To be fair that thread seems mostly chill. I think someone just wanted to try to stir up the pot.

Most likely, I’m right-wing as hell and I very much enjoyed KoTM

On the other hand, the New York Post did call the film “needlessly political” for it’s ecological themes (I myself thought the film wasn’t very political at all, and I mean even beyond it not stooping to the sort of dumb virtue signaling seen in Fallen Kingdom; most seem to agree that the climate change themes are honestly very minor, to the relief of some and the disappointment of others)

Meanwhile funnily enough Alex Jones loves the hell out of KoTM and devoted an entire video to talking about it

Now this review is cringe.

Calling it a very "Christian" movie.
"The newest Godzilla movie uses a plot that is geared towards telling the truth about the globalist agenda. "
"For a cheesey Godzilla movie it's the best Godzilla movie I've ever saw"
May or may have not just came here for the Ultra-Thread.

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:33 am

Hikari wrote:Now this review is cringe.

Calling it a very "Christian" movie.
"The newest Godzilla movie uses a plot that is geared towards telling the truth about the globalist agenda. "
"For a cheesey Godzilla movie it's the best Godzilla movie I've ever saw"

Oh believe me I know
I just thought it was some funny stuff that he devoted an entire video talking about how KoTM was secretly the most right-wing movie ever made
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

edgaguirus
Kwaidan

Postby edgaguirus » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:45 am

The movie review that I read was also not kind to the film. I got the feeling the critic doesn't like Godzilla or went in convinced it was just going to be a big, dumb, loud movie. That's the reason I never fully trust film reviews.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:44 am

There's not much I really cringe at with Godzilla fandom.

Kids talking about their love of Heisei monsters and Bagan? Sure, go ham. People talking out their asses about thematic elements that clearly aren't present in certain films? Sure, why not.

Shipping giant animals? Sorry, that's a line crossed. Pathetic. Wretched. >insert unkind adjective here<. I instantly think less of people who do this. It's disgusting.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:50 am

UltramanGoji wrote:
Shipping giant animals? Sorry, that's a line crossed. Pathetic. Wretched. >insert unkind adjective here<. I instantly think less of people who do this. It's disgusting.

...why? It's a little out there, but seems pretty harmless. Some of the kaiju are definitely smart enough to be able to make it semi-believable, too.

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:50 am

UltramanGoji wrote:Shipping giant animals? Sorry, that's a line crossed. Pathetic. Wretched. >insert unkind adjective here<. I instantly think less of people who do this. It's disgusting.

Whereas clearly you're all about shipping a giant animal with a giant hero from Nebula M78.

HYPOCRITE!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Postby Godzilla21 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:53 am

UltramanGoji wrote:Shipping giant animals? Sorry, that's a line crossed. Pathetic. Wretched. >insert unkind adjective here<. I instantly think less of people who do this. It's disgusting.

You and me both. Seems this element has really come out in recent weeks too. Ultimate cringe that a fan actually asked Dougherty about it. Christ
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Return to “General Toho Films”