Page 139 of 178

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:21 pm
by _JNavs_
G2000 wrote:It's nigh impossible to go out looking for semi-decent fanart anymore without running into all sorts of anthromorphization, gijinka, "kaiju girls", ponification, and other assorted poop. It's not even buried anymore, you run into it on like the second page nowadays

I miss when the degenerates would stay in their skreeonking holes

Completely agree :lol:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:24 pm
by KingKong2005
_JNavs_ wrote:
G2000 wrote:It's nigh impossible to go out looking for semi-decent fanart anymore without running into all sorts of anthromorphization, gijinka, "kaiju girls", ponification, and other assorted poop. It's not even buried anymore, you run into it on like the second page nowadays

I miss when the degenerates would stay in their skreeonking holes

Completely agree :lol:

Seconded bro

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:33 pm
by goji89
KingKong2005 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
G2000 wrote:It's nigh impossible to go out looking for semi-decent fanart anymore without running into all sorts of anthromorphization, gijinka, "kaiju girls", ponification, and other assorted poop. It's not even buried anymore, you run into it on like the second page nowadays

I miss when the degenerates would stay in their skreeonking holes

Completely agree :lol:

Seconded bro

I'll third it
Fourth it
and fifth it.

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:36 pm
by 2004Zilla
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut moth tiddies

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:56 pm
by _JNavs_
2004Zilla wrote:Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut moth tiddies

They've done some frightening tings to Ghidorah with a building.. Never again will I look up Ghidorah fan art

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:36 pm
by Godzillian
Pretty cringe when fans use the latest memes to relate to kaiju

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 pm
by KingKong2005
Godzillian wrote:Pretty cringe when fans use the latest memes to relate to kaiju

Oh...you mean when Jet Jaguar crawls into Destroyah's ass and expands?

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 pm
by 2004Zilla
Godzilla, eat a snickers... cause you turn into a iguana when your hungry!!

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:45 pm
by goji89
2004Zilla wrote:Godzilla, eat a snickers... cause you turn into a iguana when your hungry!!


Someone sig this shiit....I want to see it everywhere in every damn thread....

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:15 pm
by SoggyNoodles2016

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:41 pm
by Godzilla21
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/


lol. Took me a second.

+1 Noodles

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:20 pm
by MikeSTZillak
2004Zilla wrote:Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut moth tiddies

Image

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:27 pm
by Living Corpse
_JNavs_ wrote:
G2000 wrote:It's nigh impossible to go out looking for semi-decent fanart anymore without running into all sorts of anthromorphization, gijinka, "kaiju girls", ponification, and other assorted poop. It's not even buried anymore, you run into it on like the second page nowadays

I miss when the degenerates would stay in their skreeonking holes

Completely agree :lol:


I don't see this.

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:19 pm
by Mr_Goji_and_Watch
Was reading Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo. Saw this gem that came up from the author defending the kaiju genre
Image

Nothing wrong with not enjoying Jurassic Park, I think it's B-level Spielberg (which still makes it a great film), but calling it mediocre while defending a genre in which most of it's best films are in the same league is silly.

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:43 pm
by LSD Jellyfish
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Was reading Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo. Saw this gem that came up from the author defending the kaiju genre
Image

Nothing wrong with not enjoying Jurassic Park, I think it's B-level Spielberg (which still makes it a great film), but calling it mediocre while defending a genre in which most of it's best films are in the same league is silly.

Ehh, I have mixed feelings on this. I agree it’s dumb calling Jurassic Park mediocre; it’s a great movie and really entertaining. However, I think the point of consumerism and people mocking the genre is true as well. However, the most notorious MST3K Godzilla film is Godzilla vs Megalon, which is hard to defend and not make fun of it myself.

I do agree though that Kaiju and the genre are more interesting and varied then just dinosaurs.

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:13 am
by Godzillian
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Was reading Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo. Saw this gem that came up from the author defending the kaiju genre


Nothing wrong with not enjoying Jurassic Park, I think it's B-level Spielberg (which still makes it a great film), but calling it mediocre while defending a genre in which most of it's best films are in the same league is silly.

To be fair I'd still give that argument more credit than the people that say the only reason kaiju films are laughed at is because of racism.

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:43 am
by edgaguirus
Especially ponification. Some kaiju just don't translate well into pony form.

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:33 pm
by GodzillaRangerPrime
Legion1979 wrote:You guys know that this is just how kids dress in Japan right? It's not something unique to the Showa Godzilla series, and DEFINITELY not something worth holding against them.


That doesn’t change the fact that it’s hella cringy

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:26 pm
by G2000
GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:You guys know that this is just how kids dress in Japan right? It's not something unique to the Showa Godzilla series, and DEFINITELY not something worth holding against them.


That doesn’t change the fact that it’s hella cringy

That post is two years old and almost 80 pages ago

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:27 pm
by MikeSTZillak
G2000 wrote:
GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:You guys know that this is just how kids dress in Japan right? It's not something unique to the Showa Godzilla series, and DEFINITELY not something worth holding against them.


That doesn’t change the fact that it’s hella cringy

That post is two years old and almost 80 pages ago

Seriously? I thought it was a post that was removed by the mods.